Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

As usual another nail-biting Moto 3 race , those boyz are mental.....thankfully...:)
    Although i dont like Marquez it shows just how good he is when he has to be...the motogp boys better look out, maybe thats why Stoner is getting out...while he can still walk...
    Spies should have thrown in the towel weeks ago, ..someone in Crutchlows garage needs a P45 me thinks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

As usual another nail-biting Moto 3 race , those boyz are mental.....thankfully...:)
    Although i dont like Marquez it shows just how good he is when he has to be...the motogp boys better look out, maybe thats why Stoner is getting out...while he can still walk...
    Spies should have thrown in the towel weeks ago, ..someone in Crutchlows garage needs a P45 me thinks.....
    I don't think Crutchlows fuel issue was anyones fault, he was on his own for much of the race, not drafting and full throttle.
    Thats going to cost more in fuel. However I did see a good few flames on the overrun.
    Marquez won't be able to race like that in the 1000cc class, those Moto2 bikes are slower than Supersport 600's. Stick him on the big bike and things will change a lot, another 120hp will make him concentrate a lot more.
    Something wrong with Spies garage, how can he have all these problems with his brakes FFS? Its simple maintenance.
    Houseworth not doing his job right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Lorenzo on pole for the Malaysian GP tomorrow with Pedrosa snapping at his heels. Dani needs to win and Jorge needs to blow an engine or have an off to make the last two races interesting.

Race red flagged!!! The rain, holy sh!t. :eek:

So Pedrosa 1st, Lorenzo 2nd and Stacey 3rd. Definitely Lorenzo's to lose with 2 races to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Race red flagged!!! The rain, holy sh!t. :eek:

So Pedrosa 1st, Lorenzo 2nd and Stacey 3rd. Definitely Lorenzo's to lose with 2 races to go!

Lorenzo very fortunate - Casey would have passed him and Hayden too.

Moto 2 was a great race but why did they count back two laps ? Great to see Westie and Gino on the podium.

Moto 3 - another classic last lap - such a pity Maverick wasn't taking part - Aspar or KTM next year ??

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Moto 3 - another classic last lap - such a pity Maverick wasn't taking part - Aspar or KTM next year ??
    They made offers but his personal manager and also Avintia Blusens team manager apparently didn't show him the offers!
    No wonder Maverick was pissed off, after signing for two more years with them.
    That has to be a conflict of interest.
    Interesting that ELav tweeted that the same manager refused to shake his hand two years ago after the Silverstone race.
    Sounds like a nice piece of work.
    Looking forward to seeing Maverick on some competitive machinery next year.

Ben Spies is out of the Australian Moto GP and requires surgery following yesterdays high side in Sepang.

Yamaha have confirmed that there will be no replacement rider.

Oh man what a yawnfest, i'm glad i recorded it so i could go from lap 2 to the last lap in one press...Dani Dani Dani...:rolleyes:
    Happy for Cal, great for Stoner and Lorenzo.....they think its all over....:)

Oh man what a yawnfest, i'm glad i recorded it so i could go from lap 2 to the last lap in one press...Dani Dani Dani...:rolleyes:
    Happy for Cal, great for Stoner and Lorenzo.....they think its all over....:)

The highlight of the race was the brilliant dicing with Dovi, Bradl and Bautista. Some great racing with them three lads. As for Dani - this was his chance and he blew it!! :(

The highlight of the race was the brilliant dicing with Dovi, Bradl and Bautista. Some great racing with them three lads. As for Dani - this was his chance and he blew it!! :(

Dani had to go for it - his chances of taking the title were slim thanks to Hector Barbera - and he has won 5 of the last 6 races.

Going into 2013 the Honda should be the best bike on the grid - Marquez will take a few races to find the limits and that should open up a chance for Dani to take the 2013 title.

Great battle for 3rd in Moto 3 and Moto GP ,and great last few laps in Moto 2.

• Advertisement

Dani had to go for it - his chances of taking the title were slim thanks to Hector Barbera - and he has won 5 of the last 6 races.

Going into 2013 the Honda should be the best bike on the grid - Marquez will take a few races to find the limits and that should open up a chance for Dani to take the 2013 title.
    Marquez is good on a Moto2 bike, There are plenty of good riders that couldn't make the jump to MotoGP bikes though.
    120 hp vs 250+hp is a big difference.
    The RCV might just be the fastest but as far as handling goes the M1 is still superior, you just had to look at the slo-mo footage from Phillip Island and the difference between the Honda and Yamaha in suspension movement coming out of the last corner.
    Pedrosa and Stoners bikes were bucking and weaving all over the place, Lorenzo's machine was as calm and settled compared to them.
    Casey doesn't mind a machine that moves thats why he could ride the Ducati but I am not so sure other riders find it as easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Marquez is good on a Moto2 bike, There are plenty of good riders that couldn't make the jump to MotoGP bikes though.
    120 hp vs 250+hp is a big difference.

I'd have a lot of confidence in Marquez ability to ride the 1000cc bike. From talking to riders this year it's been pretty clear that adjusting to the bike isnt the major issue for them but rather the equipment that they have at their disposal.

Saying that though it's always a difficult situation for a young rider and for one as small as Marquez there are obviously certain aspects that will be a major question until he rides the RCV. Having Pedrosa ride the bike so well though shows that a small rider can still perform on it so I'd be pretty surprised if Marc wasnt a pacesetter in the big class.
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    The RCV might just be the fastest but as far as handling goes the M1 is still superior, you just had to look at the slo-mo footage from Phillip Island and the difference between the Honda and Yamaha in suspension movement coming out of the last corner.
    Pedrosa and Stoners bikes were bucking and weaving all over the place, Lorenzo's machine was as calm and settled compared to them.
    Casey doesn't mind a machine that moves thats why he could ride the Ducati but I am not so sure other riders find it as easy.

Honda horsepower versus Yamaha agility, it's been the fight for 30 years as both manufacturers find their solutions to the age old racing problem. I dont see too much difference between the bikes but if you ask any racer which would he prefer between a difficult to handle bike that has a power advantage for a slightly slower (in a straight line) bike that can handle well and the rider will always say the powerful one!

I think next year is shaping up very nicely with Rossi back on the Yam and the Hondas having a strong stable of riders....cant wait for the Valencia test when we all start looking toward 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Reckon Ducati will keep Rossi off the Yamaha until 1st Jan? Or are teams still allowed do that?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Reckon Ducati will keep Rossi off the Yamaha until 1st Jan? Or are teams still allowed do that?

Na he's testing the Yamaha on the Tuesday after the race.

Rossi and his crew are free to work for Yamaha after the end of the Valencia GP so on Tuesday we'll see Vale back on the M1! The end of season usually sees teams allow riders and mechanics to move once the flag drops at the last race even though they are still under contract until the end of the year.

There's been some examples where this hasnt been the cause, for example Honda wouldnt let Rossi ride the Yamaha until the Sepang test in 2004 (late January I think) but when he moved to Ducati in 2010 Yamaha let him test on the Tuesday after the final race so now they will return the favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

are you going to be at the test Frostie?

Grim. wrote: »
    are you going to be at the test Frostie?

I was debating whether or not I had the cash to stay on....and then said to hell with that I wanna see Vale back on the M1! So I'll be there for the first two days anyway (Monday - Moto2 and 3, Tuesday - MotoGP) and probably the Wednesday.

Anyone else heading over for either the race or the test?

Ant West failed a doping test at the French GP and will be banned for a month. He failed it for a product used for dietary supplement and also offers benefits for racers such as an increased sense of awareness according to some reports Ive seen. He can appeal and might be racing at Valencia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

It will be interesting to see how Spies and Crazy Joe get on with the Pramac Ducati (Ducati Jnr team) next year.

paddy147 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how Spies and Crazy Joe get on with the Pramac Ducati (Ducati Jnr team) next year.

Spies needs a fresh start after a miserable year and Iannone could be superb on a MotoGP bike. He needs to find consistency but when he's on it he's amazing to watch.

• Advertisement

Bit of a slow day at Valencia today but I've a few stories uploaded to the website. Interesting that Crutchlow thinks that the CRT bikes could spring a surprise if it stays wet this weekend...
    Also got the thoughts of Rossi, Cal and Dovi about Marquez' aggressive riding and all said that they liked Marc and Dovi admitted that we are seeing a similar rider to Marco Simoncelli a couple of years ago....
    The new track surface didnt get too much running in the damp conditions but while most riders were happy with the new surface Casey said that "it sucked."
    Here's a couple of pictures from the limitted running in the afternoon MotoGP session:
    189673_439755079414479_1229432273_n.jpg

374439_439755252747795_18698024_n.jpg

481830_439755762747744_1733146063_n.jpg

552435_439754212747899_1226875033_n.jpg

18263_439755476081106_274598134_n.jpg

59627_439754782747842_1218512428_n.jpg

Who's 71? A wild card?

Life ain't always empty.

Who's 71? A wild card?

There's a few new faces this weekend. 71 is Claudio Corti. 73 is Hiro Aoyama and 21 is Katsuyuki Nakasuga

Pedstoneorenzo........theres yer winner tomorrow..i'll be glued to my sofa..!!!...:)

Esparagro ahead of Rossi........:o

Pedstoneorenzo........theres yer winner tomorrow..i'll be glued to my sofa..!!!...:)

Esparagro ahead of Rossi........:o

Last ever one hour qualifying format ! personally liked it.

Anyword on the weather for Sunday ? word of mixed conditions earlier - normally Valencia is a good spot to top up the Sun tan this time of the year.

Think Casey, injury aside , has the more consistant pace, Moto 2 should be interesting with Marquez starting at the rear (deservedly so) while Moto 3 shall be nuts as usual - Vinales has a point to prove....

Anyword on the weather for Sunday ? word of mixed conditions earlier - normally Valencia is a good spot to top up the Sun tan this time of the year

The weather was really nice today, shorts and t-shirts stuff, but the forecast is for rain tomorrow....and lots of it in the afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

any one know anywhere in dublin that would be deff showing race today.......most places will have football on city spurs....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Goodbye to Casey Stoner and also to my interest in who wins the title next year. I'm just hoping for some good racing next season with Rossi coming back to Yamaha and Marquez coming in to Moto GP. Can't say I'm really a fan of any of the current riders so won't be rooting for anyone in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Goodbye to Casey Stoner and also to my interest in who wins the title next year. I'm just hoping for some good racing next season with Rossi coming back to Yamaha and Marquez coming in to Moto GP. Can't say I'm really a fan of any of the current riders so won't be rooting for anyone in particular.

Do you like him?

I find him a detestable **** tbh, hes no loss.

• Advertisement

Really wish Sic was still around :( but hopefully VR will keep Lorenzo honest.
    More consistency from the likes of Bradl and Crutchlow should mean more bikes battling for the podium, whatever about wins.
    If Pedrosa can avoid injury again next year and get a little bit better luck, it could be his best title shot.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement