Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Spies and Iannone to Pramac Ducati for 2013

I'm a bit surprised by the Spies bit

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

h3000 wrote: »
    Spies and Iannone to Pramac Ducati for 2013

I'm a bit surprised by the Spies bit

Factory bikes by the way (and Spies paid by Ducati) - 1 year contract - same as Nicky

Infoanon wrote: »
    Factory bikes by the way (and Spies paid by Ducati) - 1 year contract - same as Nicky

Yep factory bikes and both riders "will have a direct link to the factory".

Colin Edwards has signed up for another season and confirmed that he will see out 2012 on a Suter-BMW.

Pramac's Hector Barbara has also stated that he will be in Moto GP on a CRT next year.

Interesting colour scheme on the Marc VDS Moto 2 bikes today.......

Pramacs colours but no logos - wonder what the tie up is there as the current 'Pramac' team (personnal) are due to run the 2nd Ducati team.

Logos have appeared - 'Go&Fun' - from the front the hues resmeble the Pramacs !

'Go&Fun' also on the Gresini Moto GP bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

So Ducati are going to have two Americans Hayden and Spies and two Italians with Dovi and Iannone. Which are going to be the senior team and which are the junior team?
    Jury still out on J. Rea taking the HRC satellite RC213 from Bautista.

I would say that a lot of CRT teams will avail of the Factory production RCV213 from Honda instead of using CRT bikes.
    And you can be damn sure that Yamaha aren't just watching idly, if HRC start filling the grid with their machinery then Yamaha will have to come to some kind of arrangement TZ style
    The CRT concept has really forced the MSMA's hand in all this, they really don't think the premier class looks that premier with a load of CRT machinery lapping 5-10 secs slower than the works bikes.
    I have high hopes for next years racing, MotoGP is all about entertainment not to test technology and thats what has been killing it since the 4 stroke era.

So Misano MotoGP race was a bit crazy this weekend. Delighted with Rossi's result, now I know if Dani did not get bowled off by Barbera and Stoner was racing they would have probably been in front of him but he did show some real speed. It should at least give him a bit of a confidence boost.

I was watching it on BBC and Parrish and Cox were bigging up Crutchlow big time when the cameras suddenly flicked to a shot Crutchlow after he just binned it. I have to admit a little giggle may have slipped out straight away but once I seen he was okay I could not help but laugh. Now I like Crutchlow and I think he will get quicker but he is just not as quick as they let on.

I have not seen the Moto2 or Moto3 races yet but going to watch them this evening.

Great motorsport weekend for me all in all:
    Jari Matti Latvala win in WRC
    Craig Breen win in SWRC
    Rossi's podium
    and made it out to watch the Clare Stages Rally :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yikert

A strange but entertaining race, I know Lorenzo didnt have to push too hard but Rossi kept up the speed throughout which is new. Fair balls to Rea, no crash and a descent finish. WTF with the start ???? Pedrosa must be sick as a parrot.

Yikert wrote: »
    A strange but entertaining race, I know Lorenzo didnt have to push too hard but Rossi kept up the speed throughout which is new.
    New frame on the Ducati, maybe thats the turning point?
    It would have been 4th if Pedrosa and Stoner were there but all in all thats a great effort, Honourable mention to Bautista as well, pretty emotional stuff for Gresini, that would have been Simoncelli's bike this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

One word...."Crutchlow"........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

One word...."Crutchlow"........:rolleyes:

Trying too hard!!

Trying too hard!!

He's always making things hard for himself...he's quicker than Dovi most of the time, he just needs to get and stay in front of him....:mad:

He's always making things hard for himself...he's quicker than Dovi most of the time, he just needs to get and stay in front of him....:mad:

But this is it!! He carries the corner speed quicker, and is generally just a faster rider. He needs to work on his starts and get in front like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yikert wrote: »
    A strange but entertaining race, I know Lorenzo didnt have to push too hard but Rossi kept up the speed throughout which is new. Fair balls to Rea, no crash and a descent finish. WTF with the start ???? Pedrosa must be sick as a parrot.

Rossi getting under half a second off pole in the dry was impressive. What was more impressive was that the Ducati didn't appear to have shot tyres by half distance, he was able to keep up the pace and if anything it was Bradl etc. who had to fall back later on. It really does look like it was the chassis all along (as no doubt VR and JB were saying all along) and changes have finally borne some fruit. If the Duc is competitive next year will VR get the credit? There has been an awful lot of crap spoken about how he's past it, etc, but if he can get within 4-5 sec of Lorenzo over a race distance on the Ducati, how close would he be to Lorenzo on the same bike?
    In fairness, Lorenzo would I'm sure have had to push more if Pedrosa had been there. Awful shame for him and for the championship.

Edit: great job by Rea, was careful not to try too hard and bin it, but instead keep learning and get faster bit by bit, session by session. HRC have a seat for next year left don't they?!

Life ain't always empty.

Johnny Rea only 1sec behind Lorenzo........sounds a lot ,but fair play to him...
    Cal 3rd..hope he can do the same in the race...

Johnny Rea only 1sec behind Lorenzo........sounds a lot ,but fair play to him...
    Cal 3rd..hope he can do the same in the race...

Aye, Cal seemed happy enough. It'll be interesting with the two boys at the front though. Bradl was flying too. Fair play.

Aye, Cal seemed happy enough. It'll be interesting with the two boys at the front though. Bradl was flying too. Fair play.

Jorge and Cal had a more constant pace throughout qualifying today so should be on for a strong race - Jorge has never bettered 3rd at Aragon btw.

Good performance by Jonathan Rea - listening to him on Eurosport later you got the impression that he will not be riding in Japan irrespective of Casey returning or not.

Lucky escape for Marquez in qualifying - how he kept on board and didnt crash on the last corner was amazing.

Really enjoyed the races today. I hope Nicky is okay it was a big one :eek:

h3000 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the races today. I hope Nicky is okay it was a big one :eek:

Well, they said he was conscious, had mobility and was talking, but still transferred him to the hospital anyway. Better safe than sorry. It was a big off alright.

Great racing with Cal and Dovi. They're so evenly matched it's unreal. One as good as the other. Very entertaining. Fair play to Rossi too, after getting bumped to last, to get back up to 8th.

Between that and the Moto2 and Moto3 races, 'twas a great day's racing. Them Moto3 lads are feckin' mental! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

looked great on eurosport HD:)

• Advertisement

NinjaK wrote: »
    looked great on eurosport HD:)

Rich bas**rd...........probably have a job and a lovely wife too.........:D

Rich bas**rd...........probably have a job and a lovely wife too.........:D

Yeah...and eats lobsters for lunch! :P :pac:

Well, they said he was conscious, had mobility and was talking, but still transferred him to the hospital anyway. Better safe than sorry. It was a big off

yeah he went to the hospital but back out now with the all clear. Great to here it could have been a whole lot worse.

Painful hand again but everything else is fine. Thanks #dainese #arai and everyone for all the concern. See you in Japan! 🇯🇵👍👊✊

He was really lucky.

Some thoughts on the race and MotoGP's future.
    Pedrosa showed what he can do with that bike, awesome display of racing the clock, as for actual racing its pne of the most boring races this year at a fantastic track.
    Lorenzo showed that he was content to defend his lead by just riding steady and finishing second.
    Rea rode well, thats a creditable finish on a brand new bike, HRC were very happy with his performance and apparently let Gresini know that they would like to see him on the Satellite RCV but they can't force Gresini's hand in selection. Bautista was the preferred rider by Gresini so Rea resigned with Ten Kate for the next season.
    Now the news that Bridgepoint have allowed Dorna to manage both WSBK and MotoGP measn that in my view its almost inevitable that both series will be brought together into one world bike series.
    Once the move to 1000cc four strokes came into GP racing then the writing was on the wall.
    The MSMA have only themselves to blame, through using MotoGP as a R&D facility they have made the class prohibitively expensive for anyone but the really big companies to enter.
    If Kawasaki and Suzuki have to pull out what kind of racing is it?
    16 or 18 on the grid and 3 manufacturers? thats a pretty weak spectacle IMHO.
    So I can see that in a few years MotoGP and World Superbike wil become one series.

Anyone see the qualifying? Jaysus I nearly fell off the seat when Spies got pole with 9 minutes to go!! :eek:

I reckon it's gonna be another two horse race tomorrow with the best of the rest chasing a few seconds behind. Hope it's a good race though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Disappointing that the BBC coverage is ending at 7am tomorrow, at that hour they could easily extend it by half an hour to include the podium, interviews, etc. (what goes into 'MotoGP Extra' for the European races) without inconveniencing the schedule at all. PITA that I can record the races no problem on Freesat but can't record the red button 'MotoGP Extra'.

Although it's noticeable at most of the 'flyaway' races that they only have the bare minimum of coverage and don't offer anything post-race on the red button. Budget cuts probably, another half hour of satellite feed from the US or Japan seems to be beyond them :(

The BBC have now cut back on the red button video feeds on Freesat, there used to be 3 or 4 on the go if there were lots of sports events on, but they'll only have one red button video feed from now on. So no MotoGP Extra if it clashes with ANY other sport. At this rate we'll be lucky to get live MotoGP coverage at all next year if it clashes with more 'important' sports like feckin' golf :mad:

Life ain't always empty.

I was lucky to catch the qualifying, I had the sky+ set to record it and it was listed on the planner but when I woke and went down at 6 nothing was happening! The sky+ won't record it unless manually.

Motegi - Moto 3 incredible last 2 laps,Moto 2 sooo close between Pol & Marquez, Moto GP - can Pedrosa keep on winning and claw back the championship ?

Dreadful luck for Crutchlow, Spies having brake problems and the Ducatis no where.

Qualifying process all changed for 2013 - bit confused as the new system will work against the CRTs ? which Dorna are trying to promote ??

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Motegi - Moto 3 incredible last 2 laps,Moto 2 sooo close between Pol & Marquez, Moto GP - can Pedrosa keep on winning and claw back the championship ?

Dreadful luck for Crutchlow, Spies having brake problems and the Ducatis no where.

Qualifying process all changed for 2013 - bit confused as the new system will work against the CRTs ? which Dorna are trying to promote ??

I can see Dani going well for the rest of the season but even if he won all three remaining races Lorenzo would only have to finish third in them to take the championship. I really can't see anyone challenging either of them for the top two at any race remaining, Stoner still looks too sore. it's Lorenzo's to trow away.

Advertisement