Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Infoanon wrote: »
    That has come quicker then expected ! - so is it Ducati keeping a rider they know with Rossi about to leave ? or is it retaining Hayden as part of Keeping Rossi ? - Hayden would be Rossi's preference as a team mate .

One thing I am confused by is Rossi saying he had 3 options for 2013 ? - Ducati / Yamaha - but whose the 3rd option - a satellite Honda ??

Decision to be made after the summer break according to Rossi

There was some talk of a Yamaha factory supported Rossi MotoGP team.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Magown3 wrote: »
    Did he say that all 3 options were in Moto GP tho?
    Maybe Panigale in WSBK

Motogp - Dorna would move mountains (ie get Rossi a Honda) to ensure he stays in MotoGP.
    He said two of the options are competitive and one would take some time - I am assuming thats Ducati ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

According to the Eurosport Boys Alvaro Bautista is on his way out of Gresini at the end of the season,

Personally I thought Alvaro was doing ok but was being hampered by the Showa suspension.

Also mentioned that Bradl has a HRC contract for next season but will be staying with LCR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Brilliant shootout between Lorenzo and Stoner in the last few minutes of qualifying.

Spies looked fairly shaken after his crash. Hope he's OK for the race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

the Yamaha is untouchable out of the corners the Honda catches it in the mid range but they're even again at the top of the power band.

• Advertisement

very very odd crash for Rossi the beeb commentators said the front goes light up there but he went down before the crest of the hill.

Spies's crash looked very like a suspension failure, Abraham had a similar failure happen last year but didn't crash if a i recall correctly.

great ride by Stoner on the soft tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Considering Stoner was settled for 2nd till Lorenzo little jitter like a shark smelling blood Stoner strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Grim. wrote: »
    the Yamaha is untouchable out of the corners the Honda catches it in the mid range but they're even again at the top of the power band.
    I don't think thats quite right, the Yamaha carries a lot more corner speed than the Honda, but with the way that Stoner passed Lorenzo I think theres at least a few hp difference in the two bikes at least in the 50-150 zone.
    The M1 needs a bit more grunt to combat the evo HRC, maybe they'll have it by Indy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I don't think thats quite right, the Yamaha carries a lot more corner speed than the Honda, but with the way that Stoner passed Lorenzo I think theres at least a few hp difference in the two bikes at least in the 50-150 zone.
    The M1 needs a bit more grunt to combat the evo HRC, maybe they'll have it by Indy?

I was very surprised by how easy it was for Casey to pass Jorge. There's been no indication so far this year that the Honda has that kind of horsepower advantage and given how evenly matched they were down the home straight on all other laps I would suggest that Lorenzo missed a gear coming out of the last corner

frostie500 wrote: »
    I was very surprised by how easy it was for Casey to pass Jorge. There's been no indication so far this year that the Honda has that kind of horsepower advantage and given how evenly matched they were down the home straight on all other laps I would suggest that Lorenzo missed a gear coming out of the last corner

Or maybe CS was getting some good heat into the tyre before unleashing the full HRC evo ponies?

• Advertisement

Or maybe CS was getting some good heat into the tyre before unleashing the full HRC evo ponies?

not a hope something was up with lorenzo's bike under acceleration he had no drive at all

Nah I wouldn't subscribe to that at all to be honest. The Honda has an advantage top speed wise but it isnt by much. at the races Ive been to this year I havent been blown away by their top speed in comparison to the Yamaha (last year I was though.)

I want to rewatch the race from Laguna again but it seemed that throughout the race Jorge got out of the last corner better than Casey but may have taken a defensive line, or had a bobble, on the last corner and Casey was able to capitalise on this and get past. The move just looked too easy for me for some reason

Grim. wrote: »
    not a hope something was up with lorenzo's bike under acceleration he had no drive at all
    I don't know. I watched it a few times and his front wheel was about an inch off the ground the whole time he was accelerating up to the bridge nearly.
    Maybe tyre wear and compound choice was starting to be a factor at that point.

Just to let you all know that I have started selling prints of photos taken at the various races I've been to this season. The photos range from F1 to MotoGP (and Moto2 and 3) to NASCAR and sportscars and I have shots of pretty much every driver/rider in those series from a variety of races so just ask for whatever driver you want and I can send you on any applicable picture and then just pick your favourite!

The photos are 16x12 inches and come in a variety of frames and are priced at €90 including P&P within Ireland but for anyone on the forum looking to buy the prints there's a discount! Below are a couple of examples of how they look once their printed off with the start of the Spanish GP and Jorge Lorenzo's "Black Mamba" helmet design.

Let me know if anyone has any interest!
    img_3256.jpg

img_3257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Sorry, How much???? :eek:

Magown3 wrote: »
    Sorry, How much???? :eek:

It's a nice frame mate!;) In fairness that's cheaper that what most of the photographers charge for their work from race, most are well in excess of 100. Like I said there's a boardsie rate as well and Id be pretty flexible with lads on the forums

Well, all the rumours have come to pass, and Rossi rejoins Yamaha for a two year contract 2013/2014.
    Thats a very strong team that YMC have now, and they could be looking to repeat the success of the last time this team was present.
    The other surprise is Dovi to Ducati.
    Thats got to be a strange one, maybe he can fix it maybe he can't but there must be some serious moola for him to move, or he is rightly pissed off with Yamaha.

Well, all the rumours have come to pass, and Rossi rejoins Yamaha for a two year contract 2013/2014.
    Thats a very strong team that YMC have now, and they could be looking to repeat the success of the last time this team was present.
    The other surprise is Dovi to Ducati.
    Thats got to be a strange one, maybe he can fix it maybe he can't but there must be some serious moola for him to move, or he is rightly pissed off with Yamaha.

I have to say I'm delighted with the news, the Honda Yamaha scrap next season should be great. Dani is starting to up his game a bit again, I think Marquez will be quick enough 5 or 6 races in and the two Yamaha boys should be very quick. I think Rossi still has a few wins in him not too sure about a title though.

Will the wall go up in the Yamaha garage I wonder?

Has Dovi to Ducati been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Crazy, didn't think Yamaha would let him return even though he is good for sales of bikes.
    Nowhere for him to hide next year so his results better pick up.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Crazy, didn't think Yamaha would let him return even though he is good for sales of bikes.
    Nowhere for him to hide next year so his results better pick up.

I thought all along that he'd be back on a Yamaha but while a couple of months ago I would have been surprised that it was to the factory squad at the last few races it was getting clearer that the factory team had interest in him. At Mugello the rumour mill was in over drive. Even so Ducati tried to pull out the stops to keep him but now as PD says there's nowhere to hide.

Personally I still think Rossi has the speed to be a race winner but I think that Lorenzo is a more complete rider for a full season than Rossi is now. Another title will be very difficult but if he can win races returning to Yamaha is a good move

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    Personally I still think Rossi has the speed to be a race winner but I think that Lorenzo is a more complete rider for a full season than Rossi is now. Another title will be very difficult but if he can win races returning to Yamaha is a good move

He will defo be able to win races though how hard will he be willing to push?.
    Young guns like Marquez will be gunning for him so it's going to be a tough battle.

What will be interesting is the dynamic between himself and Lorenzo, will the wall go back up maybe this time at Lorenzos' request.
    A formidable team none the less, what with Stoner leaving that makes them the two best riders in the paddock.

Unless young Marquez is on the pace from the word go Yamaha can look forward to the next two world titles, at least. Pedroza will never win the Moto GP world title.

Unless young Marquez is on the pace from the word go Yamaha can look forward to the next two world titles, at least. Pedroza will never win the Moto GP world title.

Pedrosa's best chance is this year if he cannot pull it off now then barring a miracle he shall never win the crown.

I think that the wonder kid Marquez will be on the pace from early on. By far the most exciting thing in MotoGP next year.

Agreed. This year is Pedrosas best chance and he's not going to win it. I think his problem is he's more of a time-trialer than a racer. If he gets away on his own he can bang in the fast laps but if it comes down to a wheel to wheel race well, I can't remember him ever coming out on top in a scrap.

Agreed. This year is Pedrosas best chance and he's not going to win it. I think his problem is he's more of a time-trialer than a racer. If he gets away on his own he can bang in the fast laps but if it comes down to a wheel to wheel race well, I can't remember him ever coming out on top in a scrap.

Dani is one of the best ever 125 and 250 racers in the history of the sport so I wouldn't write him off as a time trialler. He is very talented but is racing at the same time as Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi and for 2007 until last year the Honda was clearly a poor bike.

Last year Dani's development work gave Honda the chance to finally win an 800cc crown. Dani has won more races than any rider in history not to have won the title and if he does finally win one it shouldnt come as a surprise.

His problem is that he has suffered from a lot of injuries as a result of crashes. If he can remain fit for a full season he can be a genuine title contender.

I thought that this year was his best chance. He's managed to stay injury free has had a good season. Now that Rossi has gone back to Yamaha I can't see him winning the title. He is a fabulous rider. Is he to be one of those that gets the title 'Best rider to never win........'? Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

h3000 wrote: »
    Has Dovi to Ducati been confirmed?

Kind of, but not really. LOL Found this today...
    Andrea Dovizioso is tipped to take the place of fellow Italian Valentino Rossi at the factory Ducati MotoGP team next season.

It was officially confirmed on Friday that seven time MotoGP champion Rossi will return to Yamaha in 2013, having taken just two podiums from 27 starts on the Desmosedici.

According to the Italian media, including GPone.com and SportMediaset.it, Dovizioso has agreed a two-year deal to take over The Doctor's Ducati.

Dovi would ride alongside Nicky Hayden, who has already signed a new one-year contract extension.

Dovizioso replaced Hayden at the factory Honda team in 2009, where he went on to win one race and finish a best of third in last year's championship, but lost his Repsol seat when the team cut back from three to two riders.

The former 125c world champion thus switched to Tech 3 this year, where he has already scored four podiums - the most ever by a Tech 3 rider in a single season - and holds fourth place, as the leading satellite rider, in the world championship.

Dovizioso - who had never raced a Yamaha or 1000cc machine before this season - hoped such results would lead to a factory M1 ride for 2013, until Rossi's return was announced. Dovizioso's Tech 3 team-mate Cal Crutchlow had been strongly linked to a factory Ducati ride earlier in the year.

Once Hayden's team-mate is confirmed, it will mean that all six factory MotoGP seats for 2013 have been decided.

So Indy this weekend lads. Predictions? Will Lorenzo hold off Stoner or will Stoner return to form and romp it? Or will Spies upset the apple cart (as unlikely as that is!) :D

So Indy this weekend lads. Predictions? Will Lorenzo hold off Stoner or will Stoner return to form and romp it? Or will Spies upset the apple cart (as unlikely as that is!) :D

1. Stoner
    2. Lorenzo
    3. Pedrosa
    4. Spies (I think he improve in form from the last races)
    5. Dovizioso

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    1. Stoner
    2. Lorenzo
    3. Pedrosa
    4. Spies (I think he improve in form from the last races)
    5. Dovizioso

Yeah I think that sounds about right. Unless Cal gets in front of Dovi at the green light....

Advertisement