Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Who scored Bray's goals? I thought Byrne was sold?

SHane Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers Crusaders. That's my Cheltenham fund sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Good Night

Sligo -2 asian, Pats -2 asian, Cork win, Bohs win - all based on team news.

Sligo 5-0
    Pats 5-0
    Cork 4-0
    Bohs 3-0
    Shels and Athlone look good for wins.

Crumlin Utd and Avondale could all be value.

All matches are inplay on Bet365.

Shels draw, Athlone lose.

Crumlin draw and Avondale lose by one. Both cover the + handicap!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

Big Bucks wrote: »
    Although not our strongest team tonight its still a team full of recognised LOI names and woth North and Maguire both starting im going having max bet on Rovers -1 at 7/10 with Boyles. Thankfully thats profit from last friday night!!

This was actually easier than i taught it would be, Crusaders were woeful. 2 from 2 for 2014:D:D:D

• Advertisement

***League of Ireland bets***

Bets are mainly Small due to the League only starting, but trying to find the value is key.

Friday:
    Bohemians -v- Drogheda Utd - 7.45pm
    Bohs are a totally changed side from last season, making some very nice signings. In 3 competitive games (Bray and two against UCD), Bohs have scored 11 and conceded just one.

Drogheda are missing Gavin Brennan, one of the better midfielders in the League while striker Hughes is also out due to suspension. Drogs will be on a high from their League opener 4-1 derby win over Dundalk, but feel it was an off day for them.

Bohs DNB @ 4/6 (General) - SMALL

Bray Wanderers -v- Sligo - 7.45pm
    Bray are missing 3 first teamers - Danny O’Connor (groin) and Shane O’Connor & David Cassidy (both suspended). Big losses to them on an already small squad. They've two doubts aswell.

Sligo welcome back Danny North up front.

Sligo have managed to notch up 11 goals in 4 competitive matches so far this season and I expect the trend to continue! I can't see Bray scoring with the style of football manager Alan Mathews plays and the fact they offer very little up front.

Sligo -1 @ 13/10 (Paddy Power) - SMALL

St. Patricks Athletic -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    Two competitive games this season for UCD, and two 3-0 losses to Bohs. Both at home for UCD too.

While Pats have had a decent start to their competitive season, they just survived an upset in Cork in their League opener. They'll want no repeat of this and I can see them pushing for a mauling of UCD.

Unlike previous years it doesn't look like UCD have the talent available to them at College level to take up to senior level. They've also lost manager, Martin Russell to St.Pats as assistant which is a huge loss.

Pats -2.25 @ 21/20 (Bet365) - MEDIUM

Saturday:
    Longford -v- Shelbourne - 7.30pm
    Shels possibly missing two first defenders in Adam O'Connor (who's suspended) and John Sullivan (who's a doubt). While Shels proved they can score in their League opener, beating Wexford 2-0. Missing these two players could cause a gap in defence for Longfords attacking side taken advantage.

Over 2.5 goals @ 21/20 (General) - SMALL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Longford at 10/11 is a steal.

All over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Fancy galway at 2/1 at waterford. Mervue were unbeaten last year to waterford. Galway have ryan manning back tonight after suspension. Price was 12/5 yesterday gone in now to 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble
    St Pats -1 1/2
    Shamrock 8/13
    Sligo 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gone for Pats to score in both halves, Sligo -1 and btts Bohs/Drogs. Pays almost 6s on 365.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pats -2.25
    Not as simple as saying that Pat's should be able to wipe the floor at home with any team beaten 3-0 by Bohs but it's not the worst form line. Aaron Callaghan isn't a bad coach but Bohs had awful problems keeping clean sheets last season even though we had a much better defence on paper than UCD have now. UCD simply won't be able to get the ball off Pats tonight and it's inevitable that the goals will follow.

I fancy Dundalk to take care of business against Limerick but price not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Will the Bray vs Sligo game be televized? or is there any website that streams LOI games? I have this game in the last part of my treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Will the Bray vs Sligo game be televized? or is there any website that streams LOI games? I have this game in the last part of my treble.

I wish they did!! Ur best bet is just follow the match on extratime.ie text commentary or else on the Sligo Twitter they update regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

I wouldn't think so Las

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Pingu Zip

magherakid wrote: »
    Treble
    St Pats -1 1/2
    Shamrock 8/13
    Sligo 4/9

LOI is one f'd up league. Have above plus Celtic

Bad week minus Bohs! Hopefully goals down in Longford tonight, and hopefully the way of ourselves. Big travelling crowd heading down so hopefully we can push them on!

***League of Ireland Bets***

Galway FC -v- Shamrock Rovers B - 7.45pm
    Galway will want to get their season up and running, getting 3 points here would be a start. An injury stricken Harps side managed to brush Rovers aside last week 3-0, now Rovers B make the trip West.

Shamrock Rovers first team player in the League so I doubt any will travel to Galway with the B side, while the U19 side play their last game of the season on Saturday afternoon (they can win the League by winning by 14 goals and Cork and Shels losing) so it's unseen if any U19 players will be saved for that.

"Two goalkeepers Shane Fagan (quad) and Conor Malley (quad) are both ruled out through injury. Mick Kelly (centre half) is also ruled out with a groin problem." Going by the squad profiles on the Shamrock Rovers side it looks like Mick Kelly is actually a keeper, that means they have no keepers available. Beware with this though, the B side profiles/previews are a bit all over the place but looks solid!

Galway -1 asians @ 2.24 (Marathon Bet) - SMALL STAKE (Possible increase to MEDIUM/LARGE with starting team info)

Bohemian FC -v- Shamrock Rovers - 7.45pm
    Bohs have scored 13 goals and conceded 3 in 4 competitive games this season so far. Rovers have scored 15 and conceded 4 in 5 competitive games. Some random stat that like 10 different goal scorers have scored Rovers 17 goals too. Bohs will score at home and Rovers should score against ropey defence/keeper in Bohs.

Bohs will be missing their captain Dave Mulcahy, along with a few other minor players. While Rovers will be without David O’Connor, while Marty Waters and Stephen McPhail both have a chance of making it back for the game, while Ryan Brennan is also a doubt.

Both sides have shakey defences, while Bohs keeper didn't have the best of matches last week against Drogheda. I'd expect both sets of attacking options to take full advantage, Dinny Corcoran, Jason Byrne and Paddy Kavanagh off Bohs and Ciaran Kilduff, Eamonn Zayed and Gary McCabe off Rovers. Combined, those 6 have scored 11 League goals in the first two games of the season!

Both Teams To Score @ 20/21 (Ladbrokes) - SMALL STAKE

Cork City -v- Bray Wanderers - 7.45pm
    By all accounts, Bray happened to caught Sligo on an off day last week when turning them off in the Carisle Grounds. Can't see this happening in Turners Cross with Cork!

Cork City are unbeaten in Turner’s Cross in the last nine league games – winning seven and drawing twice.

Bray missing 3 first teamers again. Cork are still missing up to 3 players, with Elding a doubt. But welcome back Captain John Dunleavy.

Cork City -1 Asian @ EVENS (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Cobh Ramblers - 8pm
    Cobh have a round trip of over 850km as they travel to Finn Park on Friday evening to face Harps.

Cobh had to draft in a lot of U19 players in their last game, and it's unknown if they're still stricken by injury woes, with up to 4 first teamers possibly missing the trip.

To compare the sides, Harps beat Rovers B last weekend 3-0 away from home, while the previous week Cobh managed to draw 1-1 at home with an 88th min equaliser.

Finn Harps -1 Asian @ EVENS (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

Just on the Rovers B info, there's two Mick Kellys, so they should have one keeper available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

€25 on Drogheda @ 3.50 I hear there's trouble in the Derry camp. Some people refusing to travel..

Galway -1 asians @ 2.24 (Marathon Bet) - SMALL STAKE (Possible increase to MEDIUM/LARGE with starting team info)

Both Teams To Score @ 20/21 (Ladbrokes) - SMALL STAKE

Cork City -1 Asian @ EVENS (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps -1 Asian @ EVENS (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

3 winners out of 4 bets! Feck you Galway!

Delighted with a 75% strike rate on week 3, things starting to steady out! Roll on the 100% weeks :)

• Advertisement

Shamrock Rovers -v- Dundalk - 8pm (live on Setanta Ireland)

Dundalk only played away from home on Saturday evening and now have to travel away from home once again tonight to face Shamrock Rovers in the defence of their Setanta Cup.

Most of Dundalks squad from Saturday play minus their best player Richie Towell who's out injured. Rovers make a few changes, 2nd choice keeper and two young defenders. I still like Rovers win at 4/5. Very attacking Rovers side out, Kenna/Madden in defence for Rovers. Dundalks fitness will play a part. Fancy Rovers when weighing up everything.

Dundalk have won just once in the last ten meetings between themselves and Rovers (that was near the end of last season in Oriel Park).

Really fancy Rovers chances here. A 2-1 or 3-1 win for Rovers is my prediction (team dependant).
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/setanta-cup/shamrock-v-dundalk/winner

Like the 4/5 that William Hill are offering

Towell is playing, my eyes are playing up!!! Still he can't be 100% if he was a doubt yesterday.

Towell is playing, my eyes are playing up!!! Still he can't be 100% if he was a doubt yesterday.

Rovers on the drift big time

seanhynes wrote: »
    Rovers on the drift big time

I'm guessing the 6 changes from Bohs is what has people going mental. Hyland is my main concern in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Shamrock Rvs crap :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the 6 changes from Bohs is what has people going mental. Hyland is my main concern in goal.

Should be off the pitch ref was too lenient on that penalty ,wish I waited before this started to bet ,wasted on this ,they'll need to tire later on for Rovers to come back

Had a feeling himself or Luke Byrne would be the liability at conceding the goals. Still holding out that Dundalk tire at the 60th or so.

OH F**K RIGHT OFF!

the ****ing price on overs was evens,near every setanta tie goes overs aswell wish i took that now :(,they'll need 1 by HT to have any hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Any tips this week Gav ?

Advertisement