Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

5 miles no garmin.

Missed yesterday run due to the severe weather conditions (laziness).

Strange week training wise because of the race Friday night. But I have decided to just to use it as a training run and not pushed running it for a time.
    So I am going to club training tomorrow night and then the race on Friday night.

Younganne wrote: »
    ye, i'm with you, DCM and then when we are all on a high(hopefully):D we can all sign for Conn!!!!;)

That's a deal so;)

Nice handy 3 mile warm up tonight for tomorrow. I have also managed to hurt my back and pick up a head cold (feck sake).

Strange day tomorrow don't have the race until tomorrow night. Will be a long boring day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good luck tomorrow evening Dave will be no bother to you. I like the idea of an evening race. :)

Cheers Nules yeah an evening race is different alright. Should be good the head cold seems to have cleared and the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hope the race went ok Dave and the head cold has cleared and the back is ok.

A race of two halves. Ran the first half with my friend it was his first race so I said I would run it with him.
    So the whistle went (didn't even know it started). Steady enough pace around 8.45 pace. Ran the first 5k with him and then I was afraid I was pushing him to much so I threw him the watch and off I went. There was a few nice hills and the track was not great.

Think I finished it in around 39 minutes. I reckon with a good road I could have taken another 2/3 minutes off that. Happy with that as I was only using it as a tune up.

Nice one Dave. Plenty more races to come to give it your all.

3.5 miles at 9 minute pace.

Was hoping to do 5 miles but ever since Friday my ankles and knees have been very sore. That road surface did not suit me.
    While running today I got this awful pain and the ankle seemed to lose some of its flexibility hopefully its just a strain and some ice will do the job.

Decided to give yesterday a miss because of the pain in the ankle so came home early and plenty of ice.

Thursday:
    Back training with the club tonight leg feeling no to bad. Started off with 1 mile warm up. Then we had to do 30 minutes run for distance. Managed 3.75 miles in the 30 minutes but I reckon they missed a lap and it was 4 miles done.
    I will let them win this one

Mile 1 - 8.33
    Mile 2 - 8.31
    Mile 3 - 8.15

• Advertisement

Long run Saturday. Was hoping for 10 miles but didn't have enough time. So instead of getting the full 10 done and got a solid 8.5 miles done

Avg Pace: 8:38 min/mi for 8.5 miles

Mile 1 - 9.06
    Mile 2 - 8.57
    Mile 3 - 9.03
    Mile 4 - 8.12
    Mile 5 - 8.21
    Mile 6 - 8.30
    Mile 7 - 8.30
    Mile 8 - 8.26

Happy with that. I feel I am on the right road for a pb in the half marathon in May
    Mile 8 -

Nice running this morning Dave. So you going to stick with the club then. Looks like it's going well for you.

Thanks Nules. Yeah enjoying running with people for a change don't know how it is going to work come marathon training time but for now it is doing me no harm. Plus I am getting an offical club top so I will be part of a team:p

I think this year for the 20 mile training runs I will pop up to ye in the park. Might be easier in a group

Ohhh a club top I actually would join a club purely for that alone :D yeah you definitely should come up over the summer I know one of the girls drives up from tullamore or somewhere like dat to do her lsrs in the park.

That's all I ever wanted (club top). Jesus if she make the effort from Tullamore then I will defo be up.

Thanks Nules. Yeah enjoying running with people for a change don't know how it is going to work come marathon training time but for now it is doing me no harm. Plus I am getting an offical club top so I will be part of a team:p

I think this year for the 20 mile training runs I will pop up to ye in the park. Might be easier in a group

There might be others in the club that will be training for the marathon Dave so don't worry about it yet...or you might encourage/influence someothers to start training for DCM 2012!!

We'll definitely have to all meet up at some stage for run in the park...but have to say i drive to it 5 days a week (130km round Trip) so thats why i am very slow about driving up on Sat morns as well.... if anyone ever wants company at around 5 any evening, i can swap my lunch run for an evening run!!! :D

Maybe so Anne.

Either way I see you are doing the race series 5 miler I think I will give this a go also. That could be the big meet up.

New week beginis. Have set out a plan for the next 4 weeks. Time to up the anti.

Tuesday 4.75 miles @9.00 minute pace. Felt good despite the ****e weather.

Another fine day for a run:eek:. Ran 4 miles with no garmin so no time. Its nice to run without the garmin and just enjoy it and not always feel under pressure.

Club training tonight.

Started off 1 mile warm up. Then we paired up and had to run 2 miles with each person running alternating laps like a relay.
    Finished the 2 mlles in around 13 minutes which meant I ran the mile in around 6.30 pace. Happy with that but didn't feel the better of it at the end.:D

Looking forward to tomorrow day of rest before Saturday's LSR

• Advertisement

6.30 pace nice one Dave. Club is obviously agreeing with you. More importantly did you get your club top yet and what colour is it ;) so 4 weeks to the half then. Not long.

No fecking club top yet hope to have it by next weekend doing a local 10k as a bit of a warm up.

Yep 4 weeks but I am at a bit of a loss at what milage to do for long runs for the next few weeks.
    And what time should I am for at the 10k.

Any help?????

Oh god I would be no help there I am useless at things like that. You could always ask ecoli on the DCM thread. He would steer you in the right direction. Or pop it up in the main forum others might be able to suggest what to do.

Yeah I might stick it up in DCM thread. I am no good a that stuff either I am more of a follower.

I see you are back on the right road. Well done keep it up. Will you be back in time for the 5 mile race series on 30th June

Oh I hope so. Getting MRI done on hip next week as a physio friend said problem going on too long and wants to rule out a bursa problem... And nope I didn't know what that was and had to google it :D pain still there but am doing strength exercises religiously at the moment so hopefully will work out. If I don't make the race I will do cheerleading duties I suppose :D

Its a bursa problem, I have heard of that before alright (google quickly). That's a meet up so. Running or not.

It's amazing the things you learn about when you run :D I think there should be a good few boardsies doing the 5 miler. I am sure I will be back running by then although could be very slow. Definitely we should all meet up at the end :)

I would be up for that alright about time I put a few faces to the names.

count me in;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great stuff Dave, you're flying

Advertisement