Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Younganne wrote: »
    Dave, Don't foget to take the High 5 Zero before you go (running not drinking:D)

Funny you should have mention that just checked the tube earlier and it seems to be empty do ye know which shop sells them in the big smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I usually pick mine up in cycle shops. I have also seen them in tesco. There are is a cycle shop around Parnell street I think the back of the iliac shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

no sorry...i got mine online, think lots of cycling shops have them and i'd say Amphibian King have them

god Nules...we're like a bad double act:eek:

Younganne wrote: »
    god Nules...we're like a bad double act:eek:

:D:D I know it's flaming scary

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help my neck is getting sore going from one to the other so I shall step aside.

Thanks for the help my neck is getting sore going from one to the other so I shall step aside.
    Ah Dave, we've scared you off your own log:eek::eek:

Meant to tell ye on a positive note I came in 14th place in the mens race last Sunday.

Just don't ask how many entered:D:D:D:D

don't worry about those behind you...

over and out for tonight lads!!!:D

Meant to tell ye on a positive note I came in 14th place in the mens race last Sunday.

Just don't ask how many entered:D:D:D:D

Hey 14th is great doesn't matter if there were 15 in d race ;)

• Advertisement

Didn't get out for a run today but will be hitting the roads tomorrow for a nice and handy 5 miles. Legs feeling fresh and looking forward to the half marathon at the weekend. Probably that break did me the world of good.

After a strange week maybe I might just be able to push for a pb.

I'm back in the game:D:D:D
    5 miles @ 8.50 pace. Had a thumping headache for most of the run but just kept on plodding away. Felt great when finished and looking forward to heading home for the race on Saturday. Just hope everything goes okay this week

Good to see you back Dave. And you just never know what the race may hold for you. Enjoy the runs this week

Thanks Nules.

Not sure if I can get out tomorrow maybe for a short run tomorrow evening. Have club training Thursday night and head out for a quick run on Friday night before the race on Saturday.

As you said the rest probably did you the world of good so a few short runs will be grand this week to loosen out the legs.

Decided to pull out of the race at the weekend my head is just not in it at the moment. A sign of a good race is when you email the organizers and they have transferred my entry until next year without any fuss.

I did my first yoga class (home dvd) today found it very good and my stomach is sore now.
    A quick question for any yoga experts how long should I do each session for and how many times a week should I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

You'll get your momentum back in no time Dave, and fair play to do the Yoga. Core stuff frightens the life out of me!

Cheers Scriba its family stuff that should be sorted tomorrow hopefully.

I said I would give it a try and see what happens it all very slow and hard to get used to.

Sore stomach is good dave :D That's good that they have transferred your entry to next year, if your heart is not in it no point in pushing it as could make you feel worse in the end if you don't get a PB or run a good race. Anyways the yoga/pilates thing you should do it probably for at least a half an hour and if you are really dedicated 40mins maybe 3 times a week if you can. Just make sure you keep the core engaged (belly pulled in) to protect the lower back and don't hold your breath either keep breathing through the exercises :)

I feel the six pack starting already.

• Advertisement

I feel the six pack starting already.

Ahh to get that you have to do it for 3 hours a day 7 days a week ;)

Ah ****e you have just dashed all my hopes.

six packs are over rated anyway dave they are so last year ;)

Ha ha. I suppose I may try from something else instead

Finally I can put these last 2 weeks behind me. My good wife came home from hospital today so its time to move on.

So back training from now. Have signed up for Abbeyleix 10k on the 27th May and then the 5 mile in the park 30th June

Cant seem to find a decent half marathon anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Finally I can put these last 2 weeks behind me. My good wife came home from hospital today so its time to move on.

So back training from now. Have signed up for Abbeyleix 10k on the 27th May and then the 5 mile in the park 30th June

Cant seem to find a decent half marathon anywhere.

Is not the Clontarf Half on the 7th of July? Unless it isn't decent, of course. I was hoping to do it (up in Dublin for a conference, but naturally speaking on the morning it's on :().

Glad to hear all is well again.

Good to see you back Dave. Speedy recovery to ur wife. Think Clontarf is meant to be a flat enough course only thing is the wind can be brutal as far as I know. Check out last yrs thread on it should give you some idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nules10 wrote: »
    Good to see you back Dave. Speedy recovery to ur wife. Think Clontarf is meant to be a flat enough course only thing is the wind can be brutal as far as I know. Check out last yrs thread on it should give you some idea.

Clontarf half is generally very fast, it has absolutely no inclines, totally flat. There can be a bit of wind in the area though which can play havoc (especially if coming off the sea) as the course is very open. Last year the conditions were near perfect (no wind) and it was a very fast course.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Clontarf half is generally very fast, it has absolutely no inclines, totally flat. There can be a bit of wind in the area though which can play havoc (especially if coming off the sea) as the course is very open. Last year the conditions were near perfect (no wind) and it was a very fast course.

Hmm think I might be tempted to do this one myself. Am well used to the winds coming in from the sea :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nules10 wrote: »
    Hmm think I might be tempted to do this one myself. Am well used to the winds coming in from the sea :rolleyes:

There might be a few free entries flying around if you know the right people ;)

Advertisement