Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

What are you two like:D
    Well Dave how did it go....bet you were laps ahead of lots of people!

Great to see you back running..enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I am alive :-). No falls or twisted ankles.
    We did 4 miles in around 36 mins. Took it nice and handy. Not sure about this club thing. On one hand it was nice to run with a group but on the other didn't find it very beneficial.
    There is another night which is ran at a quicker pace but that dose not suit me will have to decide before next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Phew I will rest easy tonight :D yeah have to agree with you on the club thing not that I have tried one but I am looking into joining one. But the easy runs I can do on my own it's more for interval training I would want it. Do they do interval training? Most of these clubs are cheap enough so I suppose you could dip in and out of it for a while maybe

Next week they are on about doing tempo/pace runs. Its hard when you are caught in between to groups pace wise.
    Their goal is 5/10k. But my main aim is half marathon in May. But maybe it might be handy with my pacing

Give the interval session a go next week if you can And see how you get on. Which half are you doing in may?

• Advertisement

Its my hometown one Ballina (15th May). So want to put in a big effort. What's next for you.

Ah it's always nice doing a run at home. What's the target for it? I have conn next week well meant to but my hip is bothering me again so trying to fix it won't be doing conn if it's not better. Conn will not be a race for me and I am a bit relectuant to sign up for more races just want to enjoy running for a bit really. Such a cop out isn't it :D

You are right just enjoy running for a while don't run if your body is not right, its is trying to tell you something. Pick a race for the summer and let that be a target.

Am hoping for a 1.48 but it all depends on what kind of shape I will be in.

Yeah think something over the summer would be a target will do the race series anyway. You have plenty of time before the half. 1:48 well within your grasp.

That's the plan anyway and then to Dublin/Waterford in June for another.

• Advertisement

What a stunning day so I got up early and hit the road.
    7.30 miles in 1.06 at 9.10 pace.

1 8:54.4
    2 9:12.3
    3 9:13.7
    4 9:19.2
    5 8:58.9
    6 9:13.5
    7 9:47.8
    8 1:52.5
    Felt very good today didn't push it to hard. Was feeling good until mile 6 but then started to feel very sick due to my own fault, mixture of hot weather and no water.

May start bringing a euro in my pocket for a drink.

Another smashing day another early start.

Headed up to the woods this morning. No garmin. Ran around 3.5 miles followed by 5 hills reps cant say I enjoyed it but they are done.

5 miles in 42.30

What a tough run legs still feeling the effect of yesterday hill session found the first mile awful but then got into it. Avg pace 8.50

Looking forward to running a race now. Might do a 8k over in Emo on Good Friday.

4 miles today, no garmin so no time.
    Back training with club tomorrow night I said I would give it one more go before I make up my mind.

Starting to put a plan together for the next few months.
    Good Friday 8k race Emo Court.
    29 April 10k (Laois)
    12 May Half Marathon Ballina
    June Half Marathon (Waterford) or 5 mile (Dublin)

Nice to have a few targets to work towards. hope the club session goes better tonight for you

Another club session tonight went very well. Started off with a 2.5 miles warm up pace around 9.30. Got back to the track then then we had to do a 1 mile run for time. Felt very good and in reasonable good shape so I said I would have a good go at breaking 8 minute duck. So off we went.

Lap 1 - 1.45
    Lap 2 - 3.34
    Lap 3- 5.16

Ended up running the 1 mile in bang on 7 minutes over the moon. But if I knew I was that close I would have pushed for a 6.59:D

Next goal is to be able to run a few miles between 7 and 8 minutes.

Never happy

At home in Mayo for the weekend so up out of the bed early. Decided I would do some of the River Moy half marathon route. Its amazing when you have not been to a place for a while some of the stuff you see bring back memories. Really enjoyed it. For a change my long run was done with a smile on my face. Started of sluggish after Thursday but then got into it and felt very comfortable

Ended up 9.50 miles @ 9.16 pace in 1.25 so delighted with that longest I have run for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Sounds like a great run Dave, great pace too. As for your 7 min mile:eek: I'm so jealous. Bet it's in the 6's next week session

Well done Dave, that was a great boost for you...7min mile...are you going to sign up to the club? ....and we'll watch you go from strength to strength!!!:)

I think I will Anne its nice running with people for a change and sure it can only help me improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Excellent stuff, Dave. A few miles at 7-8 min pace will be no trouble to you.

Cheer everyone. No running today but I am feeling in top form for this race on Friday.

After reading all the reports from Connemara I would love to have a go at the ultra. I know I cant even run a marathon but I would love to give it a lash.

If Dublin Marathon goes okay I think that could be my next big target.

Cheer everyone. No running today but I am feeling in top form for this race on Friday.

After reading all the reports from Connemara I would love to have a go at the ultra. I know I cant even run a marathon but I would love to give it a lash.

If Dublin Marathon goes okay I think that could be my next big target.

:eek::eek: and sure why not.... it was great cheering those nutters on coming up the finishing chute ;). Some achievement. Nice mile time Dave. i am just catching up on the logs after a hectic weekend... conn was great. But i have to say i am exhausted after all my cheering :D

I know it sounds mad but sure what's another half marathon once you have done a full one:D. Probably will never happen.

Would love to do a race down there. Was it good craic. I heard you were the official Boards cheerleader roaring your head off ;).

I know it sounds mad but sure what's another half marathon once you have done a full one:D. Probably will never happen.

Would love to do a race down there. Was it good craic. I heard you were the official Boards cheerleader roaring your head off ;).

I had a great weekend but then i had the easy job of drinking wine the night before and cheering on the runners the next day... but that was tough at the beginning as i was feeling a bit ropey :o
    Ah you should definitely sign up to do one of them anyway i think you can pick your distance right up to the month before

ye Dave all the reports make it sound amazing...will definitely have to think about it for next year...but the ULTRA:eek::eek::eek:

Nules, you sound like the type of supporter anyone would want shouting at them them on;).....Fair paly to you especially as you were signed up for it and couldn't fo it...next year, we'll all do the Full together:D

I think I would rather Nules weekend off drinking and shouting at people.

Anne we should make that a target sounds great. I am defo going to make it up to at least one of the race series races and meet ye all.

Dave i see registration for 7th April 2013 is open already;);)

I might just wait until I win the Dublin Marathon first. But it is penciled in for 2013

• Advertisement

ye, i'm with you, DCM and then when we are all on a high(hopefully):D we can all sign for Conn!!!!;)

Advertisement