Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIERRA VAN !!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

The power wash and muck out done a good job. Doesnt look half as bad. Are you going to restore it to original? or jazz it up? Good idea mite be to call into hendersons and see if they have any old stickers/tax holders/numberplate surrounds etc from the 90's era. They prob should as they only changed over to Henderson Motorpark recently.

Here is a white 89 Sierra in top condition for sale in the North. Cheap price condsidering all the money you will have to spend sourcing parts.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C248972

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

What a brave undertaking and given the starting point, the end result will be all the better.
    Keep us posted :)

Keep at it - a rare machine, rarer than this

http://www.sierra-xr8.co.uk/photo_gallery/photo_gallery.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Look on the bright side Greendragon, if there's grass in it, there's life in it! :D
    Did you find out anything about it from Barton Smiths or Hendersons re: was it a special order or just bought on the spur. Does'nt seem that long since it was a regular sight on the road. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

hi all , just a quick update , i put a bit of a push on both of the sierra vans over the weekend because we have a big ford show ( Neal Egan run ) coming up on the 5th of august ( ( sorry bout the plug !!! ) ) ;D

anyway i got great help from a few of my mates and we got the red van converted to power steering sourced a new interior and got her running

it went out to donkeys then for a full valet inside and out while me and my ould fella the brother gus and jonny nitro got stuck into an engine swap on the white one ,

while we were at it nitro stripped out the remainder of the dash and found some more rats nest's and took out what was left of the wiring loom ,

i managed to get the engine swapped over very easily from the blue car and within a half an hour we had her purring away nicely .

here are some pics .
    whitesierravanengineswap030.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap029.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap028.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap027.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap026.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap025.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap024.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap023.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap022.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap021.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap019.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap018.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap014.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap013.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap012.jpg

whitesierravanengineswap010.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap009.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap008.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap007.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap006.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap005.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap004.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap002.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap001.jpg
    whitesierravanengineswap031.jpg
    redsierravandoor.jpg
    redsierravanback.jpg
    redsierravan.jpg
    redsierravanenginebay.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

nice work !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Can we expect to see it at the Neal Egan run 2013?

manta mad wrote: »
    nice work !!!

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I remember a Sierra Van making deliveries to a premises on Castle st. Mullingar up and then, pretty sure it's the red Leitrim reg one you have. It's the only Sierra van I can remember ever seeing.

Fair play for saving them.

invest4deepvalue.com

thanks lads for all the kind comments , the red one was originally owned by degnans mills in dromod co leitrim and she was used for local deliveries , and to answer red seans question , the plan is to have both of them at the neal egan show on the 5th of august 2012 !!!! they will be in thier current state of disrepair just to let people see them as they are before i start a full rebuild and resto on both over the winter .:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

not to lick up too much bu you're hard work is enviable.

well dne lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Amazed that the "Why" brigade havent been on here yet.......:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

great to see the work on this...............cool olde skool yoke to save, well done

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Sids Not wrote: »
    Amazed that the "Why" brigade havent been on here yet.......:p

Why?:pac:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ta2kevin

Some undertaking you have there. Best of luck with the rest of it, always good to see the rare ones getting saved from being scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Great work, I seem to remember early Sierra diesels had a 2.3 engine (Opel derived AFAIR) A lot 2.3 cars were 2-door and were desirable for turning into a Cosworth Rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

mamakevf wrote: »
    Great work, I seem to remember early Sierra diesels had a 2.3 engine (Opel derived AFAIR) A lot 2.3 cars were 2-door and were desirable for turning into a Cosworth Rep.

Peugeot engine wasn't ? There was 21., 2.3 and 2.5.. Used in Mk2 Granadas aswel.. Actually didn't Ford do a basic spec Mk2 Granada with the Diesel as a Taxi?

hi lads , i had the white van out for a run yesterday and i thought id put up a few pictures . :up: :up:

scrapandsierravan007.jpg
    scrapandsierravan006.jpg
    scrapandsierravan005.jpg
    scrapandsierravan008.jpg

love it! Great reg too!

MidlandsM wrote: »
    love it! Great reg too!

91 SO !!! :eek: Main thing is get them running, then tidy up as the humour takes you - too many sheds full of stripped down 'projects' that just get abandoned for whatever reason :(

• Advertisement

Capri wrote: »
    91 SO !!! :eek: Main thing is get them running, then tidy up as the humour takes you - too many sheds full of stripped down 'projects' that just get abandoned for whatever reason :(

agreed, you see so much "unfinihed projects" for sale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

hi lads , i had the white van out for a run yesterday and i thought id put up a few pictures . :up: :up:

Is that a Mk2 Granada Ghia I see in the background of the first picture......

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

looking good. Where did you get those original henderson plates made? there perfect.

thanks for all the kind replys lads , your right thats a mk 2 granada in the background , i got an original hendersons of sligo plate off my ould fellas sierra and brought it into ballast signs in sligo and asked them to copy it but with a different reg , they even have the old telephone number on them , i got a similar set made for the red van but with casey's of roscommon on them instead :cool::cool:

scrapandsierravan002.jpg
    scrapandsierravan001.jpg

A proper Ghia, plenty of CHROME :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Don't mind that mickey mouse trailer, here's VEI 1 doing some real towing:D:D

DSC09308.jpg

ha ha trim a few years ago , that was an epic journey , bloody zephyr must weight close to three tons lol , she burned €180 of petrol from sligo and back that day !!!!!!!!:D:D:D

had a panic attack when i landed to trim too , didnt think she'd make it to the the top of the field it was that wet .......:mad::(:eek:

seen a big john deer lurking at the gate with an ass of a chain on the back ready to do some damage !!!!!

ha ha we were nearly at the top of the field ( swamp ) when your man in the picture flagged me down and asked me if id sell the zephyr , i could have killed him , bitch of a job to get her going again ..........:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any recent pics of the vans? Are they done?

• Advertisement

unfortunately bad health struck me and there was no prospect of the vans ever getting done so i sold both of them to a chap in England , he didnt tell me what he intended to do with them so maybe they will be gone forever or hopefully he will restore them both who knows !!!

i couldn't get anyone on Ireland to take a chance on them even thought they were small money , sadly they have lost all their heritage and history by going over the water because they were original irish with brown log books and the lot but they have been sent to shannon now for scrapping .

Advertisement