Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kev.OC wrote: »
    That sounds quite intensive. Better you than me.

Yeah but I play wing forward at football so you're supposed to have an engine and be able to get up and down the pitch for the full 60mins - currently I'm only good for sprinting now and again - zero stamina :(

Morning everyone....Friday!! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Am I the only one who thinks that this has been the longest week of all time - Could have sworn it has lasted about a month!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Am I the only one who thinks that this has been the longest week of all time - Could have sworn it has lasted about a month!

i was convinced it was friday yesterday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Don't worry the weekend will fly by in seconds and you'll get to do it all again next week :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    i was convinced it was friday yesterday

Me too! here in work like a pleb waiting for the friday cakes! Heart breaking it was!! :(
    The Master wrote: »
    Don't worry the weekend will fly by in seconds and you'll get to do it all again next week :D

Why would you say that?! That is just mean!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i want friday cakes

lads wanted me to bring in some of my kick ass terrys choc orange cake but my grandparents had it devoured already :D

Today I had a scone AND a malteaser cake! That's right - I had TWO!!

because I'm worth it!!

my malteser cheesecake was nicer. so there.

No it wasn't!!

/discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

The cake we were supposed to get off the guy in the team yesterday ended up being a few bags of store bough jam doughnuts and some, so store bought, apple pies. Normally I'd be disappointed but considering we got them during what turned out to be a four hour presentation they went down well. Nobody appreciates custard doughnuts though like they really should!

Friday the 13th has really come true for me, I took ownership of a bunch of code from another team last night, when combined with my teams code the results were apocalyptic in that it broke two clusters of servers, doh :D In process of fixing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

PaulieC wrote: »
    Yeah but I play wing forward at football so you're supposed to have an engine and be able to get up and down the pitch for the full 60mins - currently I'm only good for sprinting now and again - zero stamina :(

Morning everyone....Friday!! \o/

60 mins? Say what, now?
    cade wrote: »
    The cake we were supposed to get off the guy in the team yesterday ended up being a few bags of store bough jam doughnuts and some, so store bought, apple pies. Normally I'd be disappointed but considering we got them during what turned out to be a four hour presentation they went down well. Nobody appreciates custard doughnuts though like they really should!

Wait, wait. You actually like custard donuts? :confused:
    Friday the 13th has really come true for me, I took ownership of a bunch of code from another team last night, when combined with my teams code the results were apocalyptic in that it broke two clusters of servers, doh :D In process of fixing now.

Please make sure you don't accidentally create Skynet, I really don't want to have to deal with the robot revolution for at least 5 years.

oddman2 wrote: »
    60 mins? Say what, now?

GAA club level - 60 minute games, 30 mins per half not including stoppage time and a 10-15min break at half time depending on whether the ref is in a rush or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Panthro wrote: »
    It's Friday 13th, booo!

Pft. What's that got to do with anything. I passed my bike driving test. Hooray for Friday 13th! :D

I know you ride a bike, not drive it, but I'm not saying "riding test". Some of the minds around here (you know who you are!) are dirty enough as it is! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Panthro wrote: »
    It's Friday 13th, booo!

Pft. What's that got to do with anything. I passed my bike driving test. Hooray for Friday 13th! :D

[SIZE="1"]I know you ride a bike, not drive it, but I'm not saying "riding test". Some of the minds around here (you know who you are!) are dirty enough as it is![/SIZE] :P
    He's talking to you...
    Wolfie
    Sauve
    Awec
    That guy
    Etc etc!
    Congrats on passing the riding test!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Dammit.
    Came 2nd.
    Must. Try. Harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Sauve wrote: »
    Dammit.
    Came 2nd.
    Must. Try. Harder.

Ah, don't worry about it, bluewolf always comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

oddman2 wrote: »
    Sauve wrote: »
    Dammit.
    Came 2nd.
    Must. Try. Harder.

Ah, don't worry about it, bluewolf always comes first.
    Giggiddy..:(in before the wolf!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I have 15 euro to do me until payday, I've bought 3 packs of cornflakes, stop talking about malteaser cakes and the like. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Varied wrote: »
    I have 15 euro to do me until payday, I've bought 3 packs of cornflakes, stop talking about malteaser cakes and the like. :(

I remember my college days were spent living off sums of money like that and still somehow managing to get a few pints in during the week ;), though I was great at getting bargains back then. One day my dinner cost me only €0.55 and lunch about €0.72 :rolleyes:. That was also without relying on the holy grail of student nutrition, Koka noodles, they were only €0.25 a packet back then, you could live like a king off €10 - €15 a week :D

Ran 5k in 30mins, then took a 10min break and ran another 5k in 25mins and now I'm absolutely bate!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

cade wrote: »
    I remember my college days were spent living off sums of money like that and still somehow managing to get a few pints in during the week ;), though I was great at getting bargains back then. One day my dinner cost me only €0.55 and lunch about €0.72 :rolleyes:. That was also without relying on the holy grail of student nutrition, Koka noodles, they were only €0.25 a packet back then, you could live like a king off €10 - €15 a week :D

If only I was a student, just an all-bill month I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Varied wrote: »

Buy a 3-pack of mars bars. Melt in a dish and add to cornflakes. Make into little mounds on a bakin try/dish, pop into the fridge for an hour. There, you got yourself some chocolate cornflake buns. :D

Good morning!

Off to a partay tonight. Can't wait. Need to let me hair down majorly. ;)
    What are others at?

Larianne wrote: »
    Off to a partay tonight. Can't wait. Need to let me hair down majorly. ;)
    What are others at?

also going to it :D
    unless i end up hiding under my blanky with a movie

got ma hurr did just there
    it needed a cut for ages...

did not win the table quiz last night :p:p

planning trip to LA/SF with friend for the wedding in december with friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

bluewolf wrote: »
    did not win the table quiz last night :p:p
    It's because I wasn't there, isn't it? :pac:
    Nice one on the trip, sounds fab!

Hermione* wrote: »
    It's because I wasn't there, isn't it? :pac:
    Nice one on the trip, sounds fab!

yes! :(
    we had so much fun we will try to find another one to do sometime soon and will still require a 4th person, i think... ;)

drove to friend's house and we booked the flights. :eek: 492 each return. nice and cheap!! so awesome to have it booked. found a hotel as well which is gorgeous and very reasonable, for after the wedding when we go to SF.

was falling asleep on the way back, i'm still so very exhausted and drained. i might try nap now but if i dont improve i think i wont make it tonight :( cant drive in this state at all or be good company

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What have you got for the discerning gentleman who isn't into Guinness or rollies?

What have you got for the discerning gentleman who isn't into Guinness or rollies?

Brandy and cigars are in abundance, you'll be needing a monicle however

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Cycling?
    Running?
    Baked goods?
    Movies?

Take your pick, we have it all here in tGc. :p
    Oh and welcome....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PaulieC wrote: »
    Brandy and cigars are in abundance, you'll be needing a monicle however

Funnily enough, I have these three things and even a top hat.

Why you ask?
    Because I can!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I have these three things and even a top hat.

Why you ask?
    Because I can!

what about a bow tie??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement