Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    I love it, now it's not proper Thai kick boxing or anything but it's lots of kicking :)

I really real didn't want to go so I'm really glad I did.

Its a very energetic sport, but great for fitness and toning up. Well worth it and much better than going to a gym and spending time on a threadmill or bike as it really holds your interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I love it, now it's not proper Thai kick boxing or anything but it's lots of kicking :)

I really real didn't want to go so I'm really glad I did.

Its a very energetic sport, but great for fitness and toning up. Well worth it and much better than going to a gym and spending time on a threadmill or bike as it really holds your interest :)
    See the bike is my interest and fitness. I do the kick boxing to increase muscle and bone density... I don't like gyms at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

evening all.

stayed up till 5am looking at flights and accommodation, and now i'm exhausted! :( anyone ever been to the Aran Islands?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

evening all.

stayed up till 5am looking at flights and accommodation, and now i'm exhausted! :( anyone ever been to the Aran Islands?

yeap. not somewhere you'd usually fly to though. the company that operates a ferry also do a shuttle bus from galway town.

yeap. not somewhere you'd usually fly to though. the company that operates a ferry also do a shuttle bus from galway town.

:o no i meant flights to other places, then we looked up the Aran Islands. found info on the ferry, but couldn't seem to find anything about prices of B&Bs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

:o no i meant flights to other places, then we looked up the Aran Islands. found info on the ferry, but couldn't seem to find anything about prices of B&Bs.

haha no worries. hmmm odd you can't find anywhere though. which of them are ye looking at going to? think only 2 of'em may have accommodation on'em.

can't really remember. spent the whole time last time I was over drinking. :D

haha no worries. hmmm odd you can't find anywhere though. which of them are ye looking at going to? think only 2 of'em may have accommodation on'em.

can't really remember. spent the whole time last time I was over drinking. :D

hadn't picked one of them, whichever was biggest i suppose. there is info on accommodation there, just no prices. ah we'll probably stick to europe somewhere

hadn't picked one of them, whichever was biggest i suppose. there is info on accommodation there, just no prices. ah we'll probably stick to europe somewhere

would take just as long to get across to the Aran islands as it may to do go somewhere else in Europe alright. might cost the same as well anyhow. :p

where else ya looking at jet setting off ta?

would take just as long to get across to the Aran islands as it may to do go somewhere else in Europe alright. might cost the same as well anyhow. :p

where else ya looking at jet setting off ta?

yeah that's exactly what we were thinking, after looking at the prices of staying in Ireland.

cheapest flights+hotels were in Frankfurt and Eindhoven! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

my back is sore between the shoulder blades

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Daisies wrote: »
    Totally worth it but kissed a friend last night which could get awkward!

It is all okay. He text!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Stupidusername - Aran Islands is beautiful. Not the most lively of places, but really nice to relax for a few days.

SUN the Aran Islands are really nice and tend to have decent weather :)

Morning all!

Morning!

ah man my arse took a hell of a pounding... that canal path is a lot rougher to ride over than I remembered. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all.

Must not make smart remark about Drav's ass!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jaysis thats not an image i want in my head drav

Drav please put some context into that post...

bluewolf wrote: »
    jaysis thats not an image i want in my head drav

Will this do? :D
    Drav please put some context into that post...

I cycled into work today.

Jesus you must have one soft arse :p

Jesus you must have one soft arse :p

Maybe... :o

but na, the towpath was mainly made up of mud and rocks and the odd bit of gravel if I was lucky.

Will try the road on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah that's exactly what we were thinking, after looking at the prices of staying in Ireland.

cheapest flights+hotels were in Frankfurt and Eindhoven! :D

Frankfurt is expensive once you get there. Not a place to go on a limited budget.

Eindhoven, well 42 pubs on one street thats about half the length of Grafton st.. Kinda says it all really! :D

If you want cheap n cheerful sun and are willing to stay in small hotels/hostels.. Greek island hopping is the way to go.. :)

morning all..

Drav, can you kindly keep the "pounding yer arse" talk outta here please until I finish my breakfast.. I'm eating fookin nutella on toast ffs :mad: :D

Gah I forgot my lunch :( :mad:

Roads are defo a smoother ride but you have to deal with traffic!

BW you can say what ever :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

There's a handful of B&B's out there and they're not overly pricey, depends on when you go really. Inis Mór is the biggest one and has the most to see, Dún Aengus is particularly beautiful. It's well worth a trip if you want a weekend away doing nothing and taking in scenery.

Plus it has a Supermacs for feck sake! What more could you want! :pac:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    morning all..

Drav, can you kindly keep the "pounding yer arse" talk outta here please until I finish my breakfast.. I'm eating fookin nutella on toast ffs :mad: :D

Hahahahahaha brown nutella :pac:

Hahahahahaha brown nutella :pac:

Not freshly squeezed :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

To the guy playing techno on his phone on the bus. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed in you.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ha! Just as I posted that. He stopped!

To the guy playing techno on his phone on the bus. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed in you.
    What's wrong with it?

These are the business cards I want!

• Advertisement

What's wrong with it?

These are the business cards I want!

I was literally looking at them 10 mins ago.. class arent they? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement