Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im having the same problems.

Came in at 6.00-started teh steam download and now when I try and play its fooking linking me all over the place.From Station to some mad named website.

Now Iv eventually managed to setup an account on that prosieben sat site and now its downloading the whole game again.

Anyone got any help to get this working!!!!!!!!

What a **** up of a launch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

whats with this subscription too?! i though it was free to play and then you buy or grind XP for items!

when did that changed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It appears that Steam has the US client, not the EU one. From what I gather you should visit the PlanetSide 2 site (where upon you will be redirected to ProSebienSat.1) and from there you should download the game.

Still no joy for me yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can we update our beta clients to full game i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

omfg. i just looked there and planetside 2 for europe is like managed by different company? it does not use station cash, but some sort of sevencash? WTF is happening?

i bough 20eu worth of station cash... does that mean that i bought it for US account or some ****? now i cant even use it on eu?! i was quite surprised as i managed to make myself an account with same username and on same email...

I think accounts are moved over, or something. Not really sure, the whole EU launch seems very confusing.

More here

http://www.planetside2forum.com/archive/index.php/t-495.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/882966056588284919/#p2

Anyone tried this fix yet??Better still does it work?

Ive started my steam download but people saying its the wrong client, should i dload anyway and hope for a workaround or wait for a definite link?

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive started my steam download but people saying its the wrong client, should i dload anyway and hope for a workaround or wait for a definite link?

Its fecked Cully.Im giving up and going to bed.4 hours at it now and I still cant get it running without d/l another version.

Ill leave my steam install as it is and wait for them to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

OK, so what I've found is the following.

You must first create a station name by going here. Verify your email.

Separate to this you mus visit the EU version of the website and create a PlanetSide 2 game account there.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must now download the game from the link given on the EU website.

Sucks that the game has to be downloaded twice (what's that, 14GB?) but I've seen reports that this solves this issue.

In short, if you have downloaded the game on Steam (like most of us) then it wont work. You must download the EU client.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I installed mine through steam it works fine except for the crashing to desktop when i die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Separate to this you mus visit the EU version of the website and create a PlanetSide 2 game account there.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must then You must now download the game from the link given on the EU website. you can also attempt to log in (you'll receive an error message) and click on the help link that becomes visible. This will open your browser and you should follow the instructions.

In short, if you have downloaded the game on Steam (like most of us) then it wont work. You must download the EU client.

Sucks that the game has to be downloaded twice (what's that, 14GB?) but I've seen reports that this solves this issue.
    Except if you played in the BETA. If you played in the BETA you can download the install client from planetside2.com.

If you have already done one or both of the steps above you must now download the game from the link given on the EU website.

Done all that but its a pain to have to d/l a second copy.Im sure Steam will fix it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

**** that, I give up on it. I will come back in few months and see how it gets along.

Only SOE can so royally **** up normal simple things.

Except if you played in the BETA. If you played in the BETA you can download the install client from planetside2.com.

yeah i played the beta,ill dload from there so cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Okay here it is IF you played PS1 or played the Alpha/Beta for PS2 you can login to the game through your SOE account that you used for the beta, go to http://www.planetside2.com/ login and then click play for free it will give you the client you need and you will have access to your station cash and not have to use the ****ty prosieban stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Is there going to be a b.ie outfit for this?

RPS are going VS, but I always did have a softspot for NC.

Also, this thread brings back memories of what the games forum was like in the run up to Planetside. Never saw as many people on boards as hyped about something :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

KilOit wrote: »
    Sold! (Between this and a Steam sale my credit card will weep this month).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

VinLieger wrote: »
    Okay here it is IF you played PS1 or played the Alpha/Beta for PS2 you can login to the game through your SOE account that you used for the beta, go to http://www.planetside2.com/ login and then click play for free it will give you the client you need and you will have access to your station cash and not have to use the ****ty prosieban stuff

I hope they don't force people from beta etc to use prosieban, it seems like such a piece of crap. So far haven't had any real issues with SOE (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Burgo wrote: »
    I hope they don't force people from beta etc to use prosieban, it seems like such a piece of crap. So far haven't had any real issues with SOE (fingers crossed)

Its currently the only soe game thats not, after a pretty huge outcry over region locking servers, and was only clarified a few weeks ago that wouldnt be happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bloody Planetside2.exe has stopped responding using Win7 64 , getting this after about 10-15 minutes gameplay

anybody else getting this error?

no problems with any other games, rig is rock solid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Loving the game so far. I'm TR on the Miller server. I would change if there was some sort of boards outfit created though. The game is running great for me so far.

Only issues i've had are the VOIP still doesn't work for me (didn't work in beta either) I can not hear any squad chat or talk to the squad. Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

I saw that mentioned when looking for a fix for my problem, cant remember where though

Im going VS i think, not sure of a server yet.

I'm getting nasty as hell lag on Miller since the servers rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Im going VS i think, not sure of a server yet.

Yeah Disco baby! Miller seems to be the most popular EU server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Loving the game so far. I'm TR on the Miller server. I would change if there was some sort of boards outfit created though. The game is running great for me so far.

Only issues i've had are the VOIP still doesn't work for me (didn't work in beta either) I can not hear any squad chat or talk to the squad. Also when I log out of the game I get a black screen & have to kill the process. Anyone else get these issues?

I get the black screen on log out if i have been playing for hours, or if I'm logging out on easmir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

seems like a 'come back in a few weeks when we have sorted stuff out' kinda game at the moment.

Played for about 50 mins earlier and everything was rock solid, zero lag and fantastic performance.

• Advertisement

Played for about 50 mins earlier and everything was rock solid, zero lag and fantastic performance.

Cully how'd you get it working???

Advertisement