Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Championship FIFA 12 League - Season 13 (Results/Fixtures/Tables)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 5
    RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 3-3 Liverpool (Sync)

RESULT: Liverpool (Sync) 5-5 AC Milan (Keano!)

Yeah, two good games. Probably should have won the first, with him netting an equaliser in the dying seconds, lapse in concentration on my part? Spent the game trading blows though. Managed to score two pretty nice goals.

Second game was a bit more scrappy I thought, seemed to be very stoppy starty. Draw pretty much a fair result overall. Considering he's unbeaten with 'pool, I'm pretty chuffed with avoiding a defeat, and the greedy part of me would say I should have got 4 points from the games.

But alas it wasn't to be, good games sync!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 1-3 Inter Milan (osh)

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 3-2 Inter Milan (osh)

Overall probably fair enough results. First game he had the better of it but I put more of my chances away. Second game looked like it was going to be a draw til the winner came around 86th minute I think and I didn't really have much time to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 1 - 3 Inter (osh)

More terrible defending from me, but I was confused as I seemed to get counter attacked all game where as I had only one or two counter attacks myself so felt very disjointed. I then looked after the game and he used a custom 442 which may explain this, I didn't even know custom formations were allowed!

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 3 - 2 Inter (osh)

This time I got my own back and used the only custom formation I have, a very defensive 433 made purely for counter attacking. It worked a treat and I had lots of counters. I went behind but got it back to 1-1 then 2-1, he got a lucky goal from a million rebounds after a corner, but I got the winner from a counter in the 89th min. My first win in 5 and deserved.

RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 6-4 Arsenal (Axwell)

Scoreline doesn't really tell the truth. Not sure if I deserved the win at all really. Only scored one good goal, and it came with virtually the last kick when it didn't matter. Initially had scored from a freakish deflected block which sat up nicely for a header, and then through a soft penalty, followed by two rebound finishes from his keeper. Think he had one rebound finish from a shot too. We both hit the woodwork and both drew good saves from the 'keepers. But 4-4, dying minutes, I get a corner, falls to Ibra who volleys it off the post and it kinda squirms out at a hard angle and not sure why, but I decided to shoot at the angle and it somehow went through the keeper or under him and I managed to go 5-4 up. Slipped Ibra through soon after for my only good goal.

As he said after, luck was on my side there for that win. Don't think I deserved to lose it however, but can't claim I deserved the win at all, if not for the late winner, but for the manner of at least 3 of the goals I found.

Week 5 completed for me then, 5 points.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 6-4 Arsenal (Axwell)

Feel I was beaten by FIFA and not by Keano in this one. 3 tap ins for his players from the keeper palming it out to him and a ridiculously soft penalty that never should have been. Ball seemed to go through the keeper for the 5th. Had a header at one stage trickle in to the 6 yard box and eventually hit the post rather than go the other side of it earlier on that on another day would have went in. Scored 3 goals and a tap in myself and felt I did enough to win it rather than draw but feel luck was definitely on his side in this one for him to take the 3 points.

Im away till Tuesday night if anyones looking to play me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

GAMEWEEK: 4
    RESULT: Bayern 0-3 Chelsea (Nichollz)

Goal 1, lag! Goal 2, lag!! Goal 3, yup, LAG!!!

RESULT: Bayern 3-0 Spurs (Hayester)

Relief, great game with no lag. GG

GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Bayern 2-2 Barcelona (darraghjm)

FIFA robbed me of this one!

45 & 90th minute goals for Barca, with a cracker from Puyol for the 45th minute one!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

RESULT: Barcelona(darraghjm) 2-1 Napoli(hungoverbunny)

RESULT: Napoli(hungoverbunny) 1-1 Barcelona(darraghjm)

Two tight games, just managed to hold on in the first one

GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Bayern (mr moon)2-2 Barcelona (darraghjm)

Changed tactics to a more defencive look and managed a good draw, scored 2 good goals on the break

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 3 - 0 Bayern Munich (Mr Moon)

Great win. I set up to sit deep and counter and worked well. It's a bit strange he's blamed lag for all 3 goals, one was a cross and a header in, which is just luck, my player was in the right place to header in that's all, could have happened in zero lag. First goal was just a counter goal when I went clean through and the formation I used means you get at least 1 or 2 1v1's in a game. Also it was Sturridge who's lightening anyway. The only way to defend it properly is to sit deep which he didn't. Third goal I countered up the left wing and put in a low cross for Frank to superbly finish. There were no defenders near him as it was a fast counter attack.

It's not like my players scored by vanishing and lagging past challenges in the penalty area past defenders with lead boots.

Also his passing stats were better than mine and he created some ok chances too so couldn't be that bad tbh. Bit rude to just blame lag when you've been outplayed and lost your first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

GAMEWEEK: Week 4
    RESULT: Dortmund (brianregan09) 1-2 Manchester Utd (dufflecoatsunri)

Well it was 2-0 for a majority of the game i scored a well deserved goal with hummels right at the death , Fair play to duffle took his chances well, I seem to left my shooting boots well and truly at home as i reckon i ws good value for a point ...ah well good game i won't complain

GAMEWEEK: Week 5
    RESULT: B. Dortmund(brianregan09) 1 - 1 Team name (darraghjm)

Well it was a terrible 1st half for me which finished 1-0 and probaly should have been more but came out in the 2nd half determined not to lose 3 on the spin and defended and attacked alot better than in the 1st soon got an equaliser and pushed forward for the winner which never came i almost got caught in the last minute because of a mistake but i survived it and got a point , the game overall could have gone either way , 2 games against Barcalona and 4 points so happy with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

RESULT: Bayern Munich (Mr.Moon) 3-0 Spurs (Hayester)

Dull game tbh, you were 1-0 at half time i think. Couldnt seem to get past your high pressing midfield.

RESULT: Man.United (dufflecoatxbox) 5-3 Spurs (Hayester)

Great game, shocking goal conceded by me in the 4th minute really set me back! You deserved your win though, I couldnt live with your attack, Welbeck in particular.

RESULT: Barcelona (darraghjm) 1-1 Spurs (Hayester)

Average game, i felt i had the slight upper hand but not many chances created. You went one nil up around 60th min (with a "noob goal" passed across my goalie ;)), and i went ultra attacking and played with 3 at the back, didnt want to finish tonight with 0 points! Got one back, but couldnt get the winner. Good game.

Ho hum, 3 games, 1 point. My defence is really letting me down. Still though, 3 lag-free games so very enjoyable.

RESULT: B. Dortmund(brianregan09) 1 - 1 Barcelona(darraghjm)

Had chances to win, but couldn't take them, dortmunds pace down the wing lead to some good chances for them as well, could have gone either way

RESULT: Barcelona (darraghjm) 1-1 Spurs (Hayester)

Good game, had a few chances to win, But couldn't take them, Had a couple of chances near the end that I should have scored to win

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 4 - 2 Spurs (ManUnitedLad)

The entire first half was a right off due to serious lag. It ended 1-1 but was impossible to play. Not sure if someone on his end was on another laptop or what but thankfully the lag ended in the second half. I was honestly ready to disconnect it was that bad in the first half. Impossible to try and string any move at all together. I lost two great chances through on goal and missed a penalty due to terrible lag.

Second half I went 4-1 up because he's useless at defending corners, and I mean terrible. Not sure why he always gets Friedel to run off his line like a headless chicken but it doesn't work. He pulled back one in the last minute but it was a comfortable win.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 4 - 1 Spurs (ManUnitedLad)

Fairly standard win. Again I got two goals from corners because of terrible defending. It was 2-1 at one stage but I think it was fairly comfortable. Mend some of the corner defending and he'd be decent opposition but not while he's that bad at trying to defend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Result: hungoverbunny (napoli) 3-1 (Athletico Madrid) Zefer

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

RESULT: B. Dortmund(brianregan09) 1 - 3 Atl Madrid(zefer)

RESULT: Atl Madrid(zefer) 0 - 0 B. Dortmund(brianregan09)

Good games, very tough to play against.
    Thought I had knicked the nil all draw in last minute! Hit the bar with a header from 2 yards out ;)

RESULT: B. Dortmund(brianregan09) 1 - 3 Atl Madrid(zefer)

Well after the 0-0 draw i tried a new system and it totally ballsed things up for me foud myself 3-0 down at half time, swithced it up at half time and well came back in to the game getting a goal back on the hour mark and pushed and pushed for the rest of the game, but Athletico defended brilliantly just like the 1st game

RESULT: Atl Madrid(zefer) 0 - 0 B. Dortmund(brianregan09)

Tough game could have went either way

GAMEWEEK: ?
    RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) AC Milan 3-4 AC Milan(Keano!)

Won the game, but I felt I was better than 4-3. Had 20 shots on his goal, Hart is just unbelievably good at times. Two notes though, why celebrate all goals like winning the World Cup and then watching the the replays? *snip*

Mod Edit: Enough of the whinging about the keeper thing and accusing people of cheating..you were told already case closed on it.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) AC Milan 3-4 AC Milan(Keano!)

I was winning 2-0 and next thing Kompany gets sent off for a stupid silly second yellow, giving away a penalty in the process. He's back in it at 2-1 and the rest of the game is a write off for me because I'm down a man.

He got it back to 2-2, I then went 3-2 and he scored his 4th in the 86th minute. If Kompany wasn't sent off, I think I'd have won because I was comfortable at 2-0.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 4-2 Dortmund (brianregan09)

He went 1-0 up. I unleashed Dzeko from the bench and went all out attack. It was 4-1 then and I hit the post a couple of times too, as well as missing a peno. In the last 20 minutes or so, he got it back to 4-2 and went all-out attack and really tested me. A tip for him would be to go to all-out attack sooner, he had me under serious pressure at the end when he did. gg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Arsenal v Liverpool
    Atl. Madrid v AC Milan
    Barcelona v Man Utd
    Bayern Munich v B. Dortmund
    Chelsea v Real Madrid
    Inter Milan v Tottenham
    Man City v Napoli

AC Milan v Barcelona
    Arsenal v Atl. Madrid
    B. Dortmund v Man City
    Liverpool v Tottenham
    Man Utd v Bayern Munich
    Napoli v Chelsea
    Real Madrid v Inter Milan

Atl. Madrid v Liverpool
    Barcelona v Arsenal
    Bayern Munich v AC Milan
    Chelsea v B. Dortmund
    Inter Milan v Napoli
    Man City v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Real Madrid

RESULT: Liverpool (Sync) 2-1 Inter (osh)

GAMEWEEK: 6
    RESULT: Real Madrid (Rondeco) 1-2 Inter (osh)

Not at my best tonight. Both games could have gone either way really, and draws all round might have been fairer.

gg

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 4 - 0 Tottenham (Man.UnitedLad)

Went from freezing (usually when the ball was in midfield tbf) to playable lag, to almost no lag. Was weird, in general playable though.

Don't think it affected the result tbh as apart from the lag the game was pretty much like the last game we played. Him looking occasionally dangerous and having 50/50 possession while I had most of the chances, only this time my finishing was better than the 2-0 we played a few weeks ago.

gg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 4-0 Spurs

Good summary of the game above, you were clinical I wasn't. Good game though, I didn't notice much lag tbh apart from a small bit at the start.

RESULT: Spurs 2-0 Real Madrid (Rondeco)

Good game, ruined by a farcial red card for you when I was 1-0 up you never recovered from that.

RESULT: Inter (osh) 5 - 1 Napoli (Hungoverbuny)

He had a few early chances and it could have been a different match if one of those chances had gone in. Comfortable for me though in the end once he went a few goals behind. gg

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis)5-1 Dortmund (brianregan)

well 3-0 down after 20 mins and was chasing for the rest of the game :( can't seem to buy a win now none in 5

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 5-1 Dortmund (brianregan)

I played almost the perfect game. Went ahead on 6 mins which settled the nerves. Was pretty clinical and went 3-0 up. He came into the game more towards the end of the first half and scored a goal. Was a bit disappointed with the goal as thought Cech was beaten a little too easily at the near post.

In the second half he went all out attack and put me under a bit of pressure at times, I was a little nervous when he got the goal back as it wouldn't have been the first time I'd blown a 3-0 lead on fifa 12 :o. But I passed the ball well in midfield and stopped him getting a big head of steam. Managed to add another goal with a great finish and got a 5th from a set piece free kick late on.

Brian's a descent player though, I just played very well on this occasion and am in a bit of form.

GG

RESULT: Inter (osh) 7 - 1 Spurs (Man.UnitedLad)

Scoreline a bit harsh really but I was definitely good for the win. 1st half was even enough and it was 2-1 to me at half time, but he started leaking goals 2nd half and I got a bit of luck when I needed it, gg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Result: Napoli (Rondeco) 1-1 (Athletico Madrid) Zefer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Result: Real Madrid(Rondeco) 1-1 (Athletico Madrid) Zefer

A game where I equalised with a peno with virtually the last kick of the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement