Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Championship FIFA 12 League - Season 13 (Results/Fixtures/Tables)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 2-1 Atl. Madrid (Zefer)

gg, draw probably would have been fair

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 2 - 5 Barcelona (darraghjm)

This defeat hurt a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 2 - 5 Barcelona (darraghjm)

first win for me, it was a tight game, I was 2-0 up at half, only for chelsea to get it back to 2-2 early in the second half, then on 80minutes I went 3-2 up and somehow managed to grab 2 more before the final whistle. very happy to finally get a win, still need lots of work on my defending

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: (Sync) Liverpool 6 -0 Real Madrid (Rondeco)

Bit of lag at times, but easy enough game to be honest... hat-tricks for gerrard / carroll :P

RESULT: (Sync) Liverpool 4 -0 Atletico Madrid (Zefer)

Went 3-0 up and kept him very quiet... then got a 4th when he was doing a bit of keep-ball at the back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RESULT: (Lemlin) Man City 6 - 2 Barcelona (darraghjm)

The Aguero show! He went one nil up after 4 minutes. I equalised through Aguero after seven minutes and I never looked back. Was 3-1 up before half time and he was unlucky enough to hit the post on a couple of occasions. Joe Hart also had an unreal game.

Aguero scored his fourth shortly after half time and Silva and Dzeko added goals before the end. He scored a consolation at the end but, while I do feel I deserved the win, the score was very harsh on him. Basically a game where almost every shot I took ended up in the net somehow.

RESULT: (Lemlin) Man City 6 -1 Atletico Madrid (Zefer)

He went one nil up and, for a good portion of the first half, had the upper hand. I brought on Dzeko though and changed to a more attacking formation and basically overran him with attacking players. Dzeko scored an equaliser round the 35th minute and then Toure put me ahead before half time from a corner.

Second half I added another three before, when I scored the sixth in the 85th minute it appears he disconnected. A bit annoyed about that. If you're taking a beating, just take it, there's no point logging off. He may argue he was disconnected but it was a bit concidental that it was just as I scored the sixth.

2 games played in GW3 and I've 12 goals and only 3 conceded. Bring on Mr Moon (I think I may live to regret saying that!!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

RESULT: Real Madrid (Rondeco): 0 - 6 :(Sync) Liverpool

A red card in the 88th minute ruined what was going to be an easy comeback for a 7-6 win. ..

RESULT: (Lemlin) Man City 6 - 2 Barcelona (darraghjm)

I scored in the first and last minute, only problem was i let in six in between them, aguero was unstopable. I manged to have a lot of shots but hit the post and hart made a lot of saves. still wish I had picked a more defensive team

RESULT: Barcelona(darraghjm) 4 -1 Atletico Madrid (Zefer)

Game was a lot tighter than score suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

RESULT: Real Madrid (Rondeco) 2-7 AC Milan (Keano!)

Dominated throughout and won very comfortably. Not sure how he managed to find two goals however. Three of my goals were pretty sensational I felt. Opener was an incredible volley on the turn from Nesta after a corner was whipped in. Then I fired a thunderbolt of a free all of 35 yards plus, around his wall and into the top corner beating Casillas. Little later a swift counter attack was finished with a delicate chip over his 'keeper. Also scored a penalty with Abiatti when he hacked me down from behind when I was through one on one with Ibhra.

Good game anyway, rain was a little annoying but I'm back to my best I feel now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

AC Milan v Napoli
    Arsenal v Real Madrid
    Atl. Madrid v Tottenham
    Barcelona v Inter Milan
    Bayern Munich v Chelsea
    Liverpool v Man City
    Man Utd v B. Dortmund

B. Dortmund v AC Milan
    Chelsea v Man City
    Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    Napoli v Arsenal
    Real Madrid v Atl. Madrid
    Tottenham v Barcelona

AC Milan v Man Utd
    Arsenal v B. Dortmund
    Atl. Madrid v Napoli
    Barcelona v Real Madrid
    Bayern Munich v Tottenham
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Man City v Inter Milan

Sorry about the tardiness :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 0-5 Borrussia Dortmund (Brianregan09)

Well what can i say it was like a perfect storm for me my biggest win and my 1st clean sheet of the league, at 1-0 i felt it could have gone either way but my keeper kept me ahead and my defence, was under a nice bit of pressure up until half time, But did my best to keep possesion and Hummels and subotic held RVP well

In the 2nd half soon as i got the 2nd i always felt i was gonna pull away, Played definitly my best game so far passing well and defending well and typical Arsenal were very suseptible to a big tall striker and i had two, Happy out with the result finishing 5-0 but it prolly did flatter me a little 2 or 3 would have probaly been fairer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

GAMEWEEK: 4
    RESULT: napoli (hungoverbunny) 4-1 Arsenal (axwell)

good game i was lucky to score against the run of play after he had hit the post by flying past mertesacker with cavani to power in a shot. Got a dodgy peno when i chased down his keeper making a clearence for the keeper to take down cavani who put away the pen. He always looked dangerous with long balls to van persie and got one back with gervinho I think until i got lucky with a rebound for hamsik to score and then added another late on. Finally got my first win

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 0-5 Borrussia Dortmund (Brianregan09)

Dortmund got an early goal but then I had chance after chance in the first half, their keeper just kept saving them with his arm, his knee and anything else he could get in the way. Second half my defense just were asleep and anything Dortmund fired at my goals seemed to go in while their keeper continued the heroics at the other end and was the difference between the game being a lot closer than the result.
    GG but really no need to have to sit through all the replays, not really something we do in the league. A thirty yard screamer maybe but not normal run of the mill goals.

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 1-4 Napoli (hungoverbunny)

Arsenal hate the rain, I hate the rain. Never got going in this one at all and my defense seemed to be in the same form as the previous game. Games in the rain are way less fun and fluid and can make a game go very stale and sloppy. GG though and the better team won out over the 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RESULT: AC Milan (keano!)4-1 Dortmund (brianregan09)

Well my infuriating inconsistency kicks in again from my best win to my worst defeat finished 4-1 but really should have been about 8-2 :( i say 2 because i blared over a chance with an open goal keeper on the ground at 4-1 something i never do, fair play to keano made it impossible to get a foothold on the game, Couldn't string two passes together and defended terribly ...Didn't score a peach with Goetze though was something to make me smile lol

@Axwell sorry mate didn't realise i was doing it :)

3 from 6 points so far this week still United to play

RESULT: B. Dortmund (brianregan09) 1-4 AC Milan (Keano!)

Good game, but I'm soooo frustrated at the chances I missed. Like he mentioned, I could have doubled the tally I had. He took the lead however early on after catching me on the break and dinking one over Abiati, but to be honest I felt I was always in control of the game. Poor display on the shooting side from me but I think I had the defence well drilled for the game.

PS. That open goal.... deary deary me! :p Had it have been 1-1 or something like that, you'd have been going nuts!

RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) AC Milan 6-3 Napoli (hungoverbunny )

After about 10 mins, he was 2-0 up and cruising I thought. I missed a penalty too after Mesbah danced around his defence. Pulled one back then through a mistake in his defence, but he kept going and after about 25 mins it was 3-1 to Napoli and I was beginning to consider damage limitation. Then somehow I managed to get back into it with Pato and Nesta (who's header must have been about a millimetre over the line) scoring and I think it was 3-3 at half time. So not deserved on my part, didn't play well at all.

Second half was a lot more even I thought, and I managed to push ahead and score three sealing the deal. Overall I dunno if I really deserved it, based on the first half performance alone, no chance though. Good game anyway...

RESULT: Barcelona(darraghjm) 2-2 Manchester United(dufflecoatsunri)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

RESULT: Atl Madrid(Zefer) 2 - 1 Chelsea (youreadthis)

Wonders will never cease, I won a game!
    He hit the post twice in first few minutes before I went harshly down to 10 men in 28th min (For 1 tackle in middle of park!!)
    I scored straight away after this and he then equalised just before halftime.

I scored a nice counter attack goal in middle of 2nd half and kept him at bay until the end! Never wanted a game to finish so much!! :D

Probably first and only win but I dont mind. Didnt want to end up not even winning 1 game!!

RESULT: Atl Madrid(Zefer) 2 - 1 Chelsea (youreadthis)

I was very unlucky and hit the post 3 times and shot straight at the keeper when I had another easy chance near the goal. I'm really struggling at the moment and am playing badly. I've been particularly subject to counters which is how I let in 2 goals. I think if I had taken the lead I would have been more composed and probably won, but my confidence is shot to pieces at the moment so I don't feel like I can fight for wins when I get some bad luck, I need a bit of luck please.

But ultimately I'm dire and deserved to lose.

RESULT: Barcelona (darraghjm) 0 - 4 Inter Milan (osh)

gg, you had your chances, but I feel both keepers made a few good saves

• Advertisement

RESULT: Bayern Munich (Mr Moon) 2 - 0 Inter Milan (osh)

gg, wasn't looking forward to this one tbh after seeing Moon win all opening games. Felt I dominated in the 1st half but couldn't force a goal. Controversial penalty given to Bayern just before the break , which I have to say I thought was outside the box :)

In fairness though I fell away a bit in the 2nd half and he deserved the win

RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 1 - 0 Man City (Lemlin)

gg, can't belive there was only one goal this game. I think between us there was about 8 posts hit or something. Tough one but managed to hold on for the win.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 3 - Bayern (Mr Moon) 3

What a game. The first half was mainly spent trading chances before he went 1-0 up. I equalised through Dzeko just before the end of the first half.

At the start of the second half, I went 2-1 up somehow through Silva. Then he started peppering my goal with shots and took the upper hand. He eventually equalised through Robben.

The game was in the 90th minute then when Kroos scored for him. I thought the game was over but said I'd go for it. From the kick off, Tevez was released down the right wing and he gave a short pass to Silva who was in space, as Silva went to shimmy past his last defender though.... he FOULED me! Tevez scored from the spot but if he'd saved that penalty I really would have been annoyed!

Bit annoyed then that the game ended then after he lost possession at kick off and I was taking off down the left wing with Aguero. A draw was a fair result though.

RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 1 - 0 Man City (Lemlin)

Toughest game I've had but the most frustrating. He could have beaten me 4-0 but then, and I can't quite explain why, I feel aggrieved that I didn't get a draw because Dzeko hit the post in the second half when I really should have scored.

In fairness though, I struggled in attack against him and he deserved the win. Disappointing considering in the game before this had been a decent result for me. I just couldn't break Inter down and I had less chances against osh than I have had against anyone such was the level of his defending. Even when I threw everything at him, he was able to counter it.

RESULT: Bayern Munich 3-3 Man City (Lemlin)

Took the lead early enough and should've extended it in the first half but for an amazing save and two glaring misses in the one move (one off the bar and the other wide, both from an open goal)

Then the usual FIFA script came into affect with a 45th minute goal to let him back into the game.

Second half was more even and he took the lead through some neat play, lucky for me I scored from the kick off, I thought I had won it when Kroos scored a craker in the 90th minute, my players were still celebrating when he ran down the pitch and my defender decided to stick his leg out in the most ridiculous fashion and give away a penalty, first points dropped of the the campaign, GG.

RESULT: Bayern Munich 2-0 Inter Milan (osh)

Inter deserved a lot more out of this game, he had the better of things in the first half, but a penalty midway through the first half, that was definitely in the box, was slotted away by Robben. I can't remember the second goal, but it killed him off anyway, GG.

RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 3-6 Man Utd (Dufflecoatsunri)

Properly pissed off about that game to be honest really. Basically, four pretty petty goals from United. His first, stood on my defender at a kick-out and as the keeper took a quick one, he tapped it in (which as posted here recently was frowned upon). Second goal just one of those things, keeper scrambles it off the line and he bundles it in, just. Third goal, he hit the post, rebound falls for a tap-in. Fourth was the worst, runs across my keeper taking a kick from his hands, ball falls to him, and he has an open net. Rest were fine goals. But in general, trying to square across the box on attacks for simple goals, slide tackles all over the shop.

Mega rant but it's frustrating when I never felt like I was out of depth at all. Hit the crossbar 3 times too which continues my tradition of woodwork hitting.

/rant

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 2 - 2 Man City (Lemlin)

Was a good game. Not sure whether I should be pleased that I felt a bit more like I remembered how to play fifa, or gutted that I didn't win when I really should have.

Let in 2 identical goals with equally bad defending and missed some great chances. No win in 4...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

GAMEWEEK: ?
    RESULT: Napoli (hungoverbunny ) 0 -3 (Dufflecoatsunrise) Man Utd

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 2 - 2 Man City (Lemlin)

I'd agree with youreadthis' comments above. He should have hammered me. At half time, the score was 2-2 but he had ten shots on target and I had 4.

Suppose I'm a great example of taking your chances when ya get them!

B. Dortmund v Atl. Madrid
    Inter Milan v Chelsea
    Liverpool v AC Milan
    Man Utd v Arsenal
    Napoli v Barcelona
    Real Madrid v Bayern Munich
    Tottenham v Man City

AC Milan v Liverpool
    Arsenal v Man Utd
    Atl. Madrid v B. Dortmund
    Barcelona v Napoli
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Chelsea v Inter Milan
    Man City v Tottenham

AC Milan v Arsenal
    B. Dortmund v Barcelona
    Liverpool v Inter Milan
    Man Utd v Atl. Madrid
    Napoli v Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid v Man City
    Tottenham v Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

GAMEWEEK: 5
    RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 3-3 Liverpool (Sync)

GAMEWEEK: 5
    RESULT: Liverpool (Sync) 5-5 AC Milan (Keano!)

2 crazy games, I'm shocked that he didn't win one of them to be honest... A couple of cheeky goals kept me unbeaten... so I'm happy enough with a draw :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement