Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Championship FIFA 12 League - Season 13 (Results/Fixtures/Tables)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 2
    RESULT: Dortmund (brianregan09) 2 - 2Chelsea (youreadthis)

After seeing some of his wins early on so i braced myself for the worst and went defensive looking to hit on the counter and that i did from a deflected kagawa finish in off terry (i smiled a little inside at that) My defence did fantastic in this game but i was caught flat footed for the equaliser when drogba beat the offside trap and ran in to finish easily past my keeper , Surprisingly enough I retook the lead with Lewandowski whos proving to my hero so far in this league, but i thought i could hold on but no a david luiz header probaly the only one he'll win against hummels made it 2-2 fair play to chelsea they hit me with everything and i held on just about and almost knicked it near the end

RESULT: Dortmund (brianregan09) 3 - 2 Spurs (manunitedlad)
    This was a funny game i always felt like i could score anytime i attacked but made some ver bad desicions at the back which almost proved costly i took the lead twice and was plugged back twice and Spurs almost won the game near the end, But again Lewandowski nicked it for me in the 87th minute and almost added a 4th in injury time was a great game though in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

RESULT: Napoli (hungoverbunny) 1 - 3 Inter Milan (osh)

gg, was very cagey 1st half, not many chances for either but I broke through on 41m with a lucky rebound, only for him to equalise just before the break.

Went ahead on 60m and he had a few 1-on-1's but didnt find the net. Another goal late on sealed it for me but was a close game, a draw might have been fair

RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 3 -1 B. Dortmund (brianregan09)

gg

Was lucky not to go behind early in 1st half, he had a few decent chances. I didn't play great in the final third but took the chances I got when it mattered.

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 2)
    RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 3 -1 B. Dortmund (brianregan09)

Totally agree missed 3 blaring sitters right at the start :( and he got 3 quick fire goals which i never fully recovered from despite pulling one back i did still feel i could have got back into it but my shooting boots were well and truly left at home and Inter were deadly in front of goal to my downfall oh well game week 2 3 games 4 points not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: Spurs (Man.UnitedLad) 5-3 Napoli (keyrawn)

Very enjoyable game, could have gone either way tbh. I took the lead after 5 mins with an Adebayor header, you pegged me back 2 mins later. You then went two one up, Lavezzi I think, before the Bale show took over! Your defenders couldn't deal with him really, I went 3-2 up before you got it back to 3-3 again. I then got a VERY debatable penalty and added a fifth soon after!

Very enjoyable game, I think I just about shaded it, could have gone either way though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 1
    RESULT: Arsenal (axwell) 3 - 2 Atl Madrid(zefer)

Good game.Dodgy peno given to Arsenal early on, then they went 2 up. Pulled one back and then they scored a third. Pulled it back to 3-2 in last few mins and went all out attack. Missed an absolute sitter to draw game with more or less last attack.

Atl Madrid are brutal in game, just don't have the players to compete with the top teams. Expecting to lose all my games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

RESULT: Bayern Munich (Mr Moon) 2-0 AC Milan (Keano!)

God that was frustrating. Felt a draw would have been a fairer result. Cracked the post in the opening few moments, Neur pulled off some sort of alien like double save, missed a few other chances too. Really probably boiled down to him taking his chances I guess. Unlike my last defeat though, this one probably harder to take because I never felt that I wasn't as good as Bayern

GG though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 0-0 Man City (Lemlin)

My 100% record is gone in my third game. A frustrating game to be honest. The shot count at the end was 7 to 6 in favour of Axwell but I think I had the better chances. I had 4 shots on target, Axwell had 2.

Dzeko was through twice and, in the second half, a corner clearance fell well for either Toure or Kompany (was a defensive player anyway) and they somehow managed to skip past two of the Arsenal defenders into the box but Wolly (not even going to attempt to spell his second name) made a great save.

Van Persie had a great chance for Axwell towards the end of the first half when he raced clear after a mix up at the back but my lads managed to recover and put enough pressure on him for him to put it wide.

I think I gave Arsenal a bit too much respect with keeping my players deep because I'm afraid of Arsenal's speed. A goal either way would have really opened the game up but I suppose a draw is a fair result.

Edit: to answer the below query re trying to win penalties. I'm no good at crossing. I get to the byline and my crosses generally end up back at midfield so I generally use fast/tricky players like Tevez or Aguero to open up some space in the box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 0-0 Man City (Lemlin)

Game had a weird tempo to it and ended up a draw.Not really sure why but every time he got into my penalty box he never crossed and always ran around the fringe in what seemed to be an effort to get a cheap penalty waiting on a tackle. If that's the case I would suggest it doesn't continue. The game needed a goal that never came that would have opened it up a bit.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 1-2 AC Milan (Keano!)

God what a game. Felt I'd played some of my best stuff and deserved to win by about 3 or 4 but missed soooo many chances. Smashed the wordwork twice in first half and had a host of other chances. Think he had one good chance in the very early stages. Handled his attacks well I felt.

Second half, I continue to attack in waves. Then he gets the most undeserved peno I felt anyway, tackle from the side, ball clearly off in another direction but a spot kick given and he takes the lead. Right from kick-off Robinho scores after being one-on-one but hitting the post, rebound netted. Like before, attack after attack for me, corner headers, volleys everything. Then Boatang rounds the keeper late on and I dunno how I managed to miss but it went the wrong side of the post. Then when I'm just about as frustrated as anything, Robinho manages to find a gap, race through, wriggle past two defenders and slot it into the net. It was in the 90 something minute which is cruel on him in ways

Great match for excitement but I dunno how I'd feel had I not won. Good game.!

Back to winnings ways for me anyway. Been a terrible week 2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 4 - 1 Man Utd (Dufflecoatsunri)

A pretty standard victory for me. Was the better side from about 8mins on but couldn't get the breakthrough and the half ended 0-0. More of the same in the second half. I took the lead a bit fortuitously when Drogba's header was saved and palmed out for Sturridge. Drogba got the second soon after and was comfortable until Hernandez danced around my defense to make it 2-1. But I pushed on and got a 3rd and 4th. Scoreline's pretty fair reflection of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

RESULT: Arsenal (Axwell) 3-1 Barcelona (darraghjm)

some shocking defending from me again, if only gervinho was that good in real life. Arsenal made it look all to easy, I only got my goal in injury time

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 1-2 AC Milan (Keano!)

Decided to change the tactics for this one having been unhappy with my 0-0 draw with Axwell in my previous match. Didn't really work out to be honest. Keano! deserved the win but its very annoying to lose to a last minute goal, even when he had hit the bar a couple of times and had some other good chances.

I thought the first half was fairly even, despite the fact that Keano! should have scored when he cracked the post twice in a manner of minutes. In the second half, however, he totally came into the ascendancy and my chances were few and far between. My goal came totally against the run of play. Tevez was running into the box and flicked the ball around his defender only for a sideways tackle to see a penalty awarded. I scored it and thought I was onto a winner.

From the restart though, he charged down and Robinho scored having danced around my defenders. Should have got it cleared to be honest but it was a good goal. I decided then to go all out attacking and go for the win, rather than sit back and take another draw. Keano! was all over me though. As he said above, Boateng should have scored when he rounded the 'keeper and then Robinho stole it with virtually the last minute of the game.

Think I'll be going back to the tactics that got me two wins and a draw! Gameweek 2 isn't going as well as Gameweek 1.

GAMEWEEK: 1
    RESULT: Real Madrid 2 (Rondeco) Man City (Lemlin) 1

Bit annoyed at myself in this one to be honest. Got the tactics wrong and ended up chasing the game which left me open at the back. He went 1-0 up, I changed tactics to throw players forward and managed to pull it back to 1-1. The second half I had the majority of the chances but on a rare attack he managed to go 2-1 up and, despite pummelling his goal and the area around it, I couldn't get an equaliser. I probably should have changed my tactics back to my standard tactics when it went to 1-1 rather than keeping attacking in search of the winner. Real are a team like Arsenal who have the speed to punish any team who push forward on them.

At one stage, Tevez shot, Casillas made a great save, ball fell to Aguero, who shot and Casillas saved again and then Auero shot again and a defender blocked this time. Total melee in the box where I should have scored which totally summed up my performance.

I think I at least deserved a draw, if not the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

RESULT: Napoli (keyrawn) 3- 4 Real Madrid (Rondeco)

A game littered with poor defending. I just managed to concede less chances than Keyrawn. A balanced game that could so easily have gone either way.

RESULT: Man City (Lemlin) 5 - Man United 2 (Dufflecoatxbox)

Went 1-0 down 5 minutes in to a Vidic goal from a corner and was getting worried after my two previous losses. However, Dzeko pulled one back in the 8th minute almost from the kick-off. We traded chances then until Aguero put me 2-1 up in or around the 35th minute. Killer blow for him though was when a long ball out of defence reached Aguero and he squared for Dzeko to score his second in the 45th minute, just before half-time.

I came out at the start of the second half and tried to retain possession but Young caught De Jong off guard, raced down the left wing and squared for Rooney to get in ahead of my defenders and make it 3-2. There were a few tense minutes then until I managed to get Dezko through on goal with a through ball. His 'keeper saved and the ball went into the air from the deflected save, not sure why then but his defender headed the ball back across goal for Dezko to volley it in for his hat trick. That was a killer blow that really knocked him for six. I can't blame him. After battling back to 3-2, it had to be a sickener to concede a goal from a mistake like that.

From the restart, it was clear he'd been knocked for six by the mistake. Tevez made it 5-2 and one of my other players hit the inside of the crossbar before the end. Great game for me because it was the first match I've scored more than 2 in the league but I'm sure he'll feel annoyed about the mistake at 3-2. The longer it would have stayed 3-2, the more pressure he would have been putting on me.

6 games now played. 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

RESULT: Man City(Lemlin) 1- 2 Real Madrid (Rondeco)

An enjoyable game that played out the way I expected. I set up with a counter attacking 4231 and grabbed an early lead. Tevez equalised due to shocking defending but a lucky break when the city keeper deflected a cross onto the left peg of di maria who stuck the volley away from an acute angle. City then missed a massive chance to equalise but an immense double save from casillas twarted them and their attack petered out after that.

RESULT: Man United (Dufflecoatsunri) 2 - 1 Inter Milan (osh)

Went behind after 2 mins which upset my game plan a bit. Had some chances to get back into it but didnt take them. Defensive error gifts him his 2nd. Pull one back around 75th minute.

Tough game but I feel I should have gotten a draw. My shooting and crossing was awful though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

RESULT: Bayern Munich 3-0 Man Utd (Duffle)

RESULT: AC Milan 0-2 Bayern Munich

Nuer <3

RESULT: Bayern Munich 1-0 Arsenal

RESULT: Atl. Madrid 0-3(or 4) Bayern Munich

Have to check for sure this one.

GG's guys, 6 wins outta 6, this is a first for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

RESULT: Liverpool (Sync) 4 - 1 Barcelona (darraghjm)

A game I almost lost, even though I dominated... he took the lead after 12 minutes with a chip from messi... I didn't score until the 78th minute but dominated with 9 shots on target to his 2 and 58% posession :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Bayern Munich v Barcelona
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Inter Milan v AC Milan
    Man City v Atl. Madrid
    Napoli v Liverpool
    Real Madrid v B. Dortmund
    Tottenham v Man Utd

AC Milan v Tottenham
    Arsenal v Inter Milan
    Atl. Madrid v Chelsea
    Barcelona v Man City
    B. Dortmund v Napoli
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich
    Man Utd v Real Madrid

B. dortmund v Liverpool
    Chelsea v Barcelona
    Inter Milan v Atl. Madrid
    Man City v Bayern Munich
    Napoli v Man Utd
    Real Madrid v AC Milan
    Tottenham v Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

RESULT: Liverpool (Sync) 4 - 1 Barcelona (darraghjm)

managed to keep a clean sheet till the 78minute, and then let in 4goals in the last 12 minutes. managed to soak up most of the pressure but couldn't get my fowards on the ball at all, every time i got it to one of my front 3 there seemed to be 3 liverpool players around them in seconds. it would seem i have a lot to work on before i get my first points

GAMEWEEK: Week 3
    RESULT: Dortmund (brianregan09) 3-2 Real Madrid (rondeco)

A very good game, Real started off well getting off a few decent efforts which my keeper mopped up , I grew into the game as it wore on though soon taking the lead through that man Lewandowski again , wasn;t too long before he was rising above the Real defence to make it 2-0 and i was in control

I tried to push forward to kill the game leaving myself open for Real to get back into pulling it back to 2-2 through a great counter for the 1st and some woeful defending for the second (despite now having 10 points i've conceded more than nearly everyone) I kept at it and should have done better with a few chances, but as the game neared an end a looping cross to the back post was swept it by Lucas Barrios for the winner and despite some late pressure and questionable refereeing i held on for my 1st 3 points of the week to keep up my crazy up and down form Liverpool and Napoli to play yet this week

Well you can't say my games aren't exciting after these games lol

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 3
    RESULT: Dortmund (brianregan09) 5 - 4 Napoli (hungoverbunny)

Well don't know where to start took an early lead and always felt i could score more but then had my CB sent off for a nothing challenge, so I took off a mid instead of a striker as I felt i could score more , that both haunted me and helped as Napoli pegged me back to 1-1 and 2-2 then i scored a free kick with Goetze to make it 3-2 soon bagged another to make it 4-2 i always looked vunerable through the middle and again it was back to 4-3, Lewandowski grabbed another to make it 5-3 napoli soon got a 4th but i just about hung on

GAMEWEEK: Week 3
    RESULT: Dortmund(brianregan09) 3 - 5 Liverpool (Sync)

Well i'd played sync in a friendly before the league began nd he whooped me so was worried about this one but despite being pinned down at the start it took one of my own to score for him a silly own goal , I soon pegged him back though , then sync will prolly not admit this but suarez got into my box took out one of my centre halfs and boom 2-1 should have been a free out , anyway again got back into it when he screwed up at the back when it seemed he ws trying to hold onto the ball, in the last 20 or so though Pool ripped me apart and went 5-2 up some of the goals could have been avoided I feel asleep and also went ultra attack (never works) i did get one back in injury time

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 0 - 3 Arsenal (Axwell)

Better player won for sure. I doubt Axwell will have an easier game this season because I was clueless. I pretty much went down without a fight. Must play better next time! GG.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 0 - 3 Arsenal (Axwell)

Took the lead early in the first half and kept it at 1-0 till half time. Got another mid way in the second and followed up with a third to finish it off. Nice controlled take down by RVP to slot it away having already curled the first one in from outside the box. Nothing easy about the game to be honest just were the better team on this occasion and Mertesacker didn't let the Chelsea strikers get many dangerous shots in.

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

RESULT: (sync) Liverpool 4 - 0 Napoli (hungoverbunny)

Not much to say about this, quiet first half (1-0) only goal was a bellamy long range strike... my defence done well to keep him quiet, and I done well in the 2nd half... I also missed a penalty.. typical Liverpool :P

RESULT: (sync) Liverpool 5 - 3 Dortmund(brianregan09)

Wow, wasn't expecting it to be this tough having beaten Brian in a friendly at the start... but he pushed me hard. An o.g opened it up for me, but he got one back with an unstoppable header... A through ball to Suarez, and I don't know what happened but he turned/knocked over the defender, allowing me a simple tap in... He got another back, and I almost immediately went 3-2 up... he then went ultra attacking so I sat back and hit him on the break a few times.. great game though was nervous/exciting.

RESULT: Inter Milan (osh) 2-2 AC Milan (Keano!)

Ahh that's so annoying! Started very well I felt and dominated a lot early on, and most of the first half. Raced into a 2-0 lead and all was looking well, fancied myself to thump in another 2 or 3. Then against the run of play I think he'll admit, he broke through my defence and squared for a tap in to pull it back. Second half was more even with Inter pinning me in my own box on two or three occasions. I still had chances at the other end, and I really regret one chance where I tried to chip the keeper when I was through one on one! Pressure told and he deserved the second goal he found, and that was it really. On another day I probably would have won by 2 or 3, and then again Inter could have snatched it too. Draw probably the fair result, but it's 2 points dropped in my eyes rather than 1 gained. Good game.

RESULT: Inter (osh) 1 - 2 Arsenal (Axwell)

Took the lead and then held on for a good bit before Inter got one back. Continued attacking and got another later on. Had a few more close attempts but kept the pressure on for the second half and held out till the end.

GG

• Advertisement

RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) AC Milan 4-2 Tottenham (Hayester)

Good game. Spurs took the lead and I pulled it back and went 2-1 up. Went to 2-2 early in second half but I managed to get ahead again right at the restart and found a 4th soon after that. Still pressed on but couldn't find a fifth. 14 shots on target too. Felt his only threat came from Bale sprinting on the left wing. Spurs did hit the post when it was 2-2 I think it was, but I think I had a lad on the line who would have got it had it have been closer in. Other than that not much to report. Beginning to find my form again after two awful results in Gameweek 2 :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement