Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    Maron 3 seasons added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Watched Mascots there. Not great but a few good laughs in it.

I watched it the other night. Starts a bit slow but gets better as it goes. Got a good few laughs towards the end

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stringofmisery

Thought Mascots was fantastic...weak laughing!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

peteeeed wrote: »
    Maron 3 seasons added today

Ah great, had just started it on US flix before they pulled the plug on the workarounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Watched 2 episodes of Haters back off, nearly ****ed the wii u controller through the TV..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Detectorists was quite good, I like Toby Jones in general though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

safetyboy wrote: »
    Watched 2 episodes of Haters back off, nearly ****ed the wii u controller through the TV..

Watched 2 episodes last night and loved it. I can see how it could be very Marmite though.

If you enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite I reckon you'll enjoy it. I was in stitches from the first scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

I enjoyed Mascots. Its another Christopher Guest mockumentary. Chris O Dowd was particularly funny in it, but I felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity. Good, but not amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bambi wrote:
    Detectorists was quite good, I like Toby Jones in general though

I just found out that there's a second series which isn't on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FunLover18 wrote: »

yeah and a Christmas special

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FunLover18 wrote: »

And a Christmas special which finishes it off like was done with The Office/Extras. Not got around to the second season yet myself but really loved the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

tigger123 wrote: »
    I enjoyed Mascots. Its another Christopher Guest mockumentary. Chris O Dowd was particularly funny in it, but I felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity. Good, but not amazing.

I think it was a bit too similar to Best In Show (which I only watched recently) but all in all it is worth a watch.
    The pace and flow in the second half is much better than the first half.

Two genuine LOLs for me was
    the finale to the Fists routine
    and
    the hedgehogs routine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

gucci wrote: »
    I think it was a bit too similar to Best In Show (which I only watched recently) but all in all it is worth a watch.
    The pace and flow in the second half is much better than the first half.

Two genuine LOLs for me was
    the finale to the fists routine
    and
    the hedgehogs routine
    The Fist's and the couple fighting
    are very funny too.

Actually, they're all funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

The Irish Netflix sucks sweaty turgid ass.

Watched the Amanda Knox documentary and it is very good. The prosecutor is bat **** crazy and although I felt Knox was manipulative there is no evidence to suggest she was the killer.

I watched Hush which is a decent enough flick. Deaf woman alone in her house in the woods and a serial killer shows up. Not as bad or as cheesy as it sounds.

I watched Would You Rather which was terribly written, terribly directed and just terrible. Interesting idea but just terrible. Cheap Thrills is superior and deals with the same subject matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I thought seasons 1 - 2 of Black Mirror were supposed to be up before season 3 is released on the 21st. Anyone know when, or is it actually just on the UK version?

They're there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Haters Back Off - what a pile of sh1te! Anyone manage more than 10 minutes of episode 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Haters Back Off - what a pile of sh1te! Anyone manage more than 10 minutes of episode 1?

Watched the trailer.... Actually don't think I managed to get to the end if the trailer.

Should be an option to remove titles from your Netflix lists. I will not be watching this due to watching anything else ever....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

+1 for Last Chance U...
    Compelling, and very interesting.
    And who knew College football was that big ! Feck sake, the facilities , the equipment , the stardom ! Roooaarr !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Buttros wrote: »
    Watched the trailer.... Actually don't think I managed to get to the end if the trailer.

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but like the trailers. Steve Little is in it, loved him in Eastbound and Down.

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but like the trailers. Steve Little is in it, loved him in Eastbound and Down.

I liked him in Eastbound and down but this will try your patience, steer clear. I seriously nearly threw the remote at the TV :pac:

• Advertisement

Sounds like a challenge!

Sounds like a challenge!

I dare ya. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's a successful viral YouTube V-Logger's turgid exploits expanded to a series... did you expect anything different?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

greenspurs wrote: »
    +1 for Last Chance U...
    Compelling, and very interesting.
    And who knew College football was that big ! Feck sake, the facilities , the equipment , the stardom ! Roooaarr !!

It's probably the biggest "amateur" sport in the world and I'd imagine from a supporters point of view it's a better one to follow than the NFL as there's none of that franchise nonsense. A college is where it is and it's not moving.

It's probably the biggest "amateur" sport in the world and I'd imagine from a supporters point of view it's a better one to follow than the NFL as there's none of that franchise nonsense. A college is where it is and it's not moving.

yes, been a long time watcher of the NfL , and heard about college football being well supported etc, but seeing it actually being that big surprised me.
    Tough game, tough men, tough luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Anyone have any recommendations?

Watched Narcos which surpassed my expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Orphan Black. Just finished all 4 seasons on Netflix. Really enjoyable series and seriously impressive acting from the lead actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Orphan Black. Just finished all 4 seasons on Netflix. Really enjoyable series and seriously impressive acting from the lead actress.
    Just try to hold out through Series 3, it'll get better again. I promise.

LAST CHANCE U !! you will watch the 6 in a row .... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Buttros wrote: »

Should be an option to remove titles from your Netflix lists. I will not be watching this due to watching anything else ever....

You can delete stuff from your My list & continue watching.

Go into

Your Account - >

Under My Profile, go to Viewing Activity & delete the items from there.

It will fall off you lists then, might take a while for them to refresh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement