Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Headhunters is on UK/Ireland now. Sort of a crime thriller but I found it hilarious, not sure if it was intentional, but either way it's enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Headhunters is on UK/Ireland now. Sort of a crime thriller but I found it hilarious, not sure if it was intentional, but either way it's enjoyable.

The Jo Nesbo adaptation? That's been there ages surely. And hilarious??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,216 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mousewar wrote: »

I thought it was hilarious too but in a good way, I mean come on
    the guy submerged himself in pooh using a toilet roll insert as a snorkel at one point.
    The whole thing was just so silly, I thought the humour was very much intentional.

Mousewar wrote: »

It says on http://netflix.maft.uk/ that it was added today. Maybe it was taken down and put back up.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious too but in a good way, I mean come on
    the guy submerged himself in pooh using a toilet roll insert as a snorkel at one point.
    The whole thing was just so silly, I thought the humour was very much intentional.

My favourite part was where
    he's escaping on the tractor at 10 MPH with a dead dog speared on the front.

• Advertisement

I suppose when you put it like that, it was pretty funny. They're making a HBO TV series based on it apparently.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My favourite part was where
    he's escaping on the tractor at 10 MPH with a dead dog speared on the front.

I thought that entire sequence from
    the poo toilet through to him surviving the car crash because of being sandwiched in between the two fat lads
    was hysterical, although my favourite detail was
    the speared dog swaying gently on the tractor as he tried to escape

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

It says on http://netflix.maft.uk/ that it was added today. Maybe it was taken down and put back up.
    That site has this at the top. Kind of winced when I saw it. A tad crass or catering for the demand?

"RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
    See here for all of his available films on Netflix UK"

BTW I see they've added Annapolis... it was on TV a few nights ago. Standard, fairly predictable fare but watchable.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    That site has this at the top. Kind of winced when I saw it. A tad crass or catering for the demand?

"RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
    See here for all of his available films on Netflix UK"

Catering for demand. The guy who runs it said on twitter that he was getting lots of people asking what Robin Williams films were on there so he made a page. He also said he disabled the adverts on that page out of respect.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,216 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have a look at http://instantwatcher.com/ Loads of Robin Williams films in the top 20 streams at the moment, definitely catering to demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,505 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have a look at http://instantwatcher.com/ Loads of Robin Williams films in the top 20 streams at the moment, definitely catering to demand.

His films on Netflix Ireland.

Good Will Hunting.
    The Fisher King.
    Toys.
    Jack.
    Insomina.
    Nine Months.
    Bicentennial Man.
    The Big Wedding.
    The Birdcage.
    What Dreams May Come.
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
    Deconstructing Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I watched The Fisher King for the first time yesterday and Good Will Hunting for the tenth time. Good Morning Vietnam tonight :p

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I watched The Fisher King for the first time yesterday and Good Will Hunting for the tenth time. Good Morning Vietnam tonight :p
    Pity they've no Dead Poet's Society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Pity they've no Dead Poet's Society

I'm sure it's on one of them!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm sure it's on one of them!

It's not :(

Post below is right.

It's on the Swedish netflix. Spotted it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just watched "Gattaca" for the first time...what a brilliant, brilliant movie.

Corvo wrote: »
    Just watched "Gattaca" for the first time...what a brilliant, brilliant movie.

Yes! I've been championing that film for a long time. Really underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched "The Hammer" on the US netflix. Its about the life of Mark Hammill, the first deaf man to compete in the UFC. It shows his life from childhood up to college. I think if you like "Warrior" you'll like this film

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

noticed that nymphomaniac part 1 is on the us flix now. Might watch over the weekend

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    noticed that nymphomaniac part 1 is on the us flix now. Might watch over the weekend

Part 2 is there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

deisedude wrote: »
    Watched "The Hammer" on the US netflix. Its about the life of Mark Hammill, the first deaf man to compete in the UFC. It shows his life from childhood up to college. I think if you like "Warrior" you'll like this film
    Jedi have an unfair advantage in the octogon imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

ShaneU wrote: »

Can I have a towel to wipe the egg from my face? :o

It should of course be Matt not Mark

Part 2 is there also.
    Both films while interesting are fairly disappointing. I'd rate it two out of five Kleenex.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

started watching Archer i think its very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

started watching Archer i think its very funny

give Bob's Burgers a watch too, same voice actor who plays Archer and it's hilarious.

krudler wrote: »
    give Bob's Burgers a watch too, same voice actor who plays Archer and it's hilarious.

I never realised that but now you say it it seems obvious :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

watched the first episode of bates motel. seems to be happening too fast. They have already killed someone. Seems good though, but a little too on the fast side for a TV series

Roquentin wrote: »
    watched the first episode of bates motel. seems to be happening too fast. They have already killed someone. Seems good though, but a little too on the fast side for a TV series

Freddie Highmore & Vera Farmiga are real standouts in this show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Watching the 100 on the Canadian Netflix. Only a few episodes in but it seems interesting enough. If you interested in post apocalyptic setting with a little bit of sci fi its worth a watch.
    ShaneU wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only person that was thinking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement