Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Beers in Cassidys - Part 2 : Friday the 13th April,Come if you dare,wooooooooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

all this baking is making me hungry. and desperate to wanna come cos i am an awesome cook. i made brownies last nite. but sob :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    That's OK i'm willing to pay for a good cola lolly that i can dip into my V&T:)

The joy of the free cola lolly is that you must first buy one, and then the free one is your prize! Yay prizes!
    Pembily wrote: »
    but Lar will win with her French fancies, they are much fancier :)
    The FFs are great, but also store bought. I have faith in your home cooked madness.
    Hermione* wrote: »
    I *may* possibly make something for the GBBO, if I can find the time. If I do, it will definitely involve chocolate, Nimahx!

I was also going to do something for the GBBO, but that would have involved first asking you what I should make. Now I'll always suspect that you're giving me the 2nd choice stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ieJfI.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is it weird the idea of going to a beers (which I've always really wanted to do!) Scares me more than going on a first date?!

Is it acceptable to arrive already somewhat under the influence? :pac:

• Advertisement

It's still a maybe :(
    Waiting on confirmation of when Im going to Glasgow, it's either that weekend or the next. So there's still a 50/50 chance :cool:

awec wrote: »
    "Sorry, can't go to Glasgow any more, far more important things on the 13th April".

Hmmmm, maybe!

GrumPy- go for it, everyone's lovely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I always have excuses for not going to beers.. I'm in this time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

coco_lola wrote: »
    I always have excuses for not going to beers.. I'm in this time! :D

I used to be like that too but I finally went to the one last month and I'm so glad I did. You won't regret it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

GrumPy wrote: »

It's expected from you!! ;)

looking forward to this now - have we got confirmation if we have the downstairs in cassidys?

The downstairs is amazing!! I love the couches!! :)

FRIDAY THE THIRTEEEEEENTH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It's expected from you!! ;)

looking forward to this now - have we got confirmation if we have the downstairs in cassidys?
    I will confirm it with him tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I will confirm it with him tonight!

Kudos on your expert organisation skills Miss Bily!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Fewcifur wrote: »
    The joy of the free cola lolly is that you must first buy one, and then the free one is your prize! Yay prizes!!
    This, precisely, is it! You’ve made me all nostalgic for those lollies and I haven’t thought of them in about 20 years, lol! :pac:
    I was also going to do something for the GBBO, but that would have involved first asking you what I should make. Now I'll always suspect that you're giving me the 2nd choice stuff!
    Firstly, HOW could you doubt me?! :eek: :( :pac: And I don’t have any 2nd choice stuff :p Very picky, me. I only like the best ;)
    I have absolutely loads of recipes, and can easily think of a dozen I could give you. Let me know what you’d like to make and I can probably find something similar to suggest :D

Cassidys is booked for Friday 13 April :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

GrumPy wrote: »
    Is it weird the idea of going to a beers (which I've always really wanted to do!) Scares me more than going on a first date?!

I sooooo have been thinking you were someone else! I thought I met you already!!! :o

:pac:

awec wrote: »
    And I got off to a bad start! Sauve said hello to me and I didn't recognise her as a boardsie at all! :o But the night got better, and it was great in the end! :D

Nothing worse than someone saying their boards name and you just drawing a blank. Of course it always happens to me with my irregular & forgettable posting.
    I do love when you come across a "legend of boards" type person, and they say their name nearly expecting you to gasp and your hat to fly off into the air. The correct response is a poker face of pure indifference.

Recently met someone who was "famous on the internet". I used a similar technique. Very effective.
    :pac:Firstly, HOW could you doubt me?! :eek: :( :pac: And I don’t have any 2nd choice stuff :p Very picky, me. I only like the best ;)
    I have absolutely loads of recipes, and can easily think of a dozen I could give you. Let me know what you’d like to make and I can probably find something similar to suggest :D

I'm not doubting you Hermione (HAH! Thought we were on FB for a sec there! Backspace Backspace!) I'm giving you the credit to do anything to win the GBBO ! Anything... like giving me a sub-par brownie recipe!

Do people generally make little cupcake type things for this, or can I bake something large that may require cutting?
    Larianne wrote: »
    I sooooo have been thinking you were someone else! I thought I met you already!!! :o

:pac:

You're a bad person. Simple as.

:)
    Cassidys is booked for Friday 13 April :D

You, lady, are wonderful

Do people generally make little cupcake type things for this, or can I bake something large that may require cutting?

I just brought pre cut mars bar squares! It's easier than trying to cut in a busy pub!

Ha thanks :o

• Advertisement

I just brought pre cut mars bar squares! It's easier than trying to cut in a busy pub!

Ha thanks :o

I've been looking for an excuse to try a black forest cheesecake. May have to do a trial run to see how stable it is. Won't be bringing in a proper cake case, last time I did the base of it got thrown out, and they're pricey feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You're a bad person. Simple as.

:)

:(

Hmmm, I think I started the cake bringing thing. I found two french fancies in my bag at the end of a Beers. Then had a box of them in my bag at my first GC beers (I was meant to give them to someone for their birthday) and it kinda progressed from there.

I've no retired from the cake bringing... seeing as people don't like my french fancies!! :cool: :pac: But caramel squares/slices I'm all up for or a bit of cheesecake.. mMMMmmm :pac:

Now I feel I have to make the cheesecake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Larianne wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think I started the cake bringing thing. I found two french fancies in my bag at the end of a Beers. Then had a box of them in my bag at my first GC beers (I was meant to give them to someone for their birthday) and it kinda progressed from there.

I've no retired from the cake bringing... seeing as people don't like my french fancies!! But caramel squares/slices I'm all up for or a bit of cheesecake.. mMMMmmm
    You trendsetter, Lar :pac:
    I'm not doubting you Hermione (HAH! Thought we were on FB for a sec there! Backspace Backspace!) I'm giving you the credit to do anything to win the GBBO ! Anything... like giving me a sub-par brownie recipe!
    Ah no, it’s not a competition (I think!) and I would doubt I would win if it were! If you want to make brownies, I do have an amazing recipe that involves raspberries ...

Thanks so much for booking, Pembo!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRSSSSSSSS live in the zoo.

Ah no, it’s not a competition (I think!) and I would doubt I would win if it were! If you want to make brownies, I do have an amazing recipe that involves raspberries ...

"Bake Off" would certainly suggest some sort of head-to-head face-off situation.

I'll take your brownie recipe regardless... raspberries sound like a nice thing to use. Yes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

What's a 15 ? Off to google :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Oh just got the recipe, will give them a bash minus the cherries..... God awful things.

It's a cake sale we need not a beers night :D We'll have no room for booze at this rate !

Advertisement