Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Mere Mention of Abortion.

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

When I started this thread, I was kind of an idealist, tbh. I thought that all of the ladies who appeared on the LL show would have been listened to and things would have been changed.

And since all of that, I've just become so disillusioned by the whole situation. I knew that what happened to Savita would be the only thing that would shake anyone into action. And I'm reading all the other threads in AH and other websites and not even shocked that people don't realise how bad things are here if complications arise during a pregnancy, even women.

I feel like maybe I should have done more, and I feel like Ireland failed her, and will continue to fail other women if things don't change.

A lot of people think Mr Kenny is horrible for 'selling us out' to Germany, the ECB, etc. But from my limited knowledge of politics, it is my opinion that he had to do that, I feel sorry for him and the flack he takes for that, but making the tough decisions is never going to get you liked by the people you lead even if they are the right decisions-and the X Case legislation is the same situation. This shouldn't be allowed to happen and this has done a lot more to damage our reputation abroad in a week than our shítty credit rating has done in a long time.

@poeticseraphim - Thank you for your lovely comments about this thread. :)

I really meant it:-) Thank you

I think the only thing we can do is be in it for the long haul. And give out honest info and not be afraid to say how we feel respectfully. Don't be intimidated ...serene calm but passionate :)

http://www.choiceireland.org/node/27 If people want to get involved
    The march today got thousands the guards said....

I am not prepared to wait another 20 yrs

There are pro-choice meet ups .....it is really important to gain a connection and this is the first real mobilization of a pro-choice movement in Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FrogMarch

Knasher wrote: »
    Sure donating a liver is a little risky

You can say that again. You better hope the remaining liver is up to the job. Oh... wait... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 syjg18

I am against abortion because I am a Catholic. But if it's really needed because of the risk of the mother's health, then they should consider abortion if it's advised by doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Born into a catholic family, I'm agnostic, but spiritual. My beliefs don't factor into my views on this issue.

You either choose to have an abortion or you don't, and no one else should determine what a woman does with her body as long it doesn't harm anyone else. There are many reasons why a woman finally decides to have one, and none of them easy. Whether or not it is permitted in Ireland an average of 12 Irish women every day, leave Ireland for England to have an abortion. Its going to happen, its always happened. Lets take the stigma out of it.

Pro-choice and proud of it.

Advertisement