Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Traditional Lemon & sugar for me:D

Cuh, I bet you're the type whose favourite ice cream is vanilla and your favourite sandwich is just cheese :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Ron jeremy's sweat:cool:
    Durty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I have neither of these :(

Can I come over?

You will not lay a guilt trip on me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Nutella
    Bananas

Sugar and butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Raspberry jam.

• Advertisement

Cuh, I bet you're the type whose favourite ice cream is vanilla and your favourite sandwich is just cheese :cool:

You could not be more wrong....Never heard of Pandora's Box??? Lemon & sugar are the perfect expression of sweet & sour....analyse me at your peril;)

What does 'Cuh' mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I had cheese and chilli sauce pancake before, never again, I was sooo sick, it was at a food fare so maybe that explains it.

Personally I love;
    Lemon and sugar, Orange and sugar, I love savoury too, honey pancakes..

Anything without cheese and chilli! Still haunts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Honey.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged with jam and sugar.

Anyone who disses Bovril will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Fizman wrote: »
    Raspberry jam.

Decided to go wild and try this instead of lemon and sugar. Awful, just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

pancakes with rashers and melted chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

In a lot of Christendom there are carnavels festivals Mardi gras and we eat pancakes.

Its not fair, we love jesus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm on pancake duty. Kinda takes the fun out of it TBH.

But once you get the first (and always) disastrous one out of the way, it's all fipping good fun (see what I did there?!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

earpiece wrote: »
    Surely you mean CIF
    Posy wrote: »
    It's jif, not cif.
    Jif, the lemon company are not the same as cif, the people who make cleaning fluids.

got there before me....

pancakes are vile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

When people say pancake, do they generally mean actual pancakes or crepes?

I don't care what people call it, but from my experiences of shrove Tuesday, people are often talking about these horrid, thick, doughy things resembling American pancakes; as opposed to the far more delicious, thinner, crispier, folded crepes.

The former make me nauseous...but the latter can be amazing. Especially with loads of golden syrup and fried bacon.

later12 wrote: »
    When people say pancake, do they generally mean actual pancakes or crepes?

I don't care what people call it, but from my experiences of shrove Tuesday, people are often talking about these horrid, thick, doughy things resembling American pancakes; as opposed to the far more delicious, thinner, crispier, folded crepes.

The former make me nauseous...but the latter can be amazing. Especially with loads of golden syrup and fried bacon.

Crepes all the way, my Mum used to make the other kind but called them "Drop Scones"......same batter, just different consistency!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Crepes all the way, my Mum used to make the other kind but called them "Drop Scones"......same batter, just different consistency!!

Those little thick ones can be delicious though. As long as they are cooked properly and don't end up doughy. And are only about 5 inches in diameter.

Where a lot of Irish people tend to go wrong is just using too much batter I think - they end up trying to fry something ten inches round and half an inch thick that will inevitably still be raw in the middle. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

just had one with nutella, strawberries and cream after a feed of chili con carne.
    I have football in an hour, we all know what Paula Radcliff done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

booboo88 wrote: »
    got there before me....

pancakes are vile

Filthy hobbit, take that back or may the weight of a 1,000 pancakes crush you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Pancake Tuesday really crepe'd up on me this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Pancakes are very overated, one of the blandest, most tasteless foods there is out there.
    That's why people need to add so many "toppings"

They're just puke waiting to happen, is what they are.

Haven't had any today, and doubt I have since I was a kid. I do however, like when people complain they've eaten too many and feel sick.

Tee hee :pac: [/Smug asshole]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Abi wrote: »
    Pancakes are very overated, one of the blandest, most tasteless foods there is out there.
    That's why people need to add so many "toppings"

They're just puke waiting to happen, is what they are.

Haven't had any today, and doubt I have since I was a kid. I do however, like when people complain they've eaten too many and feel sick.

Tee hee :pac: [/Smug asshole]

:eek:

/removes Abi from boards love list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

:eek:

/removes Abi from boards love list

I wasn't talking to you!

Moar belly to rub ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've not had any today :(

i feel neglected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I've not had any today :(

i feel neglected

Go make some ya lazy moo!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had fook all, can't be changing me pre game meal just for one day :p

I can live without them, was never able to eat more than 2 or 3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The ****ers ate them all. None left and no pan in the house, or lemons. ****ing arseholes. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The ****ers ate them all. None left and no pan in the house, or lemons. ****ing arseholes. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe if you hadn't spent all day on here posting shite (:p) you might have had time to eat or make one yourself :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Ones i try to make at home=like burnt wall plaster
    Fluffy ones i buy in supermarket=like yummy sponge cake

fcuk making things from scratch if it's actually nicer,cheaper,easier and less time consuming to buy an 8 pack of them for €1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

kfallon wrote: »
    Maybe if you hadn't spent all day on here posting shite (:p) you might have had time to eat or make one yourself :rolleyes: :pac:
    You're some fecker :P I make great pancakes :cool:
    This is what happens when you don't take charge.

Advertisement