Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seven-year old announces he's gay

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

the kid probably said as a joke and not mammy is cashing in

She probably doesn't even have a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Andy!! wrote: »
    Was is it the nipples on the suit that did it for you?

200px-Robin_Batman_%26_Robin.jpg

that + the scene where he get's all tied up with batgirl, I secretly wanted to rescue him, didn't give a fig what happened to batgirl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Can't remember what it was like to be seven, but for people who can or have kids do they fancy anyone at that age?
    If not how would he know?

Yep, I fancied Elvis from the age of 5, I also realised at that age I was transexual, although I didn't realise there was a word for it until I was 9 and read an article in the Sunday People.

I think I was 10 before I realised what sex was, and I was aghast (took me two days to sort it out in my head) Although I did know what attraction was.

So yes kids do actually know these things, very similar to girls playing at marriage, (I've seen a few boys playing at that too). I'm not saying he is gay though, that will be something he will discover later in his life, at least he is allowed to feel comfortable in exploring the idea, which is exactly what a child's job is to do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Seachmall wrote: »

I watched James Bond as a kid and despite what I told my parents I am not, nor was I ever, a fucking spy.

There's still time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I'd take it with a pinch of salt alright, but mainly I just wouldn't make a big deal of it one way or another. A "fair enough" kinda reaction would be best I think. Let them know it's not a big deal either way, whether they really were or not.
    Personally I was made to feel like a right weirdo for being sexually interested in women at an unusually young age. So it's not unheard of for kids to develop interest early, and it doesn't necessarily mean they've been sexually abused to cause it. A gay kid is going to have more influences right away to make them think they're a freak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How did we get from gay seven-year-old to superheros? Never mind...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    How did we get from gay seven-year-old to superheros? Never mind...

Super Spy, that's my thinking anyway :)

Advertisement