Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 20th February *Spoilers and a hairless deadman expected*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Santino vs Rhodes too right?

Im hoping thats the opener with santino winning the IC title. It should get a great reacting and great to hype the crowd up.

Personally id love if we got a triple threat WWE Title match between Y2J/Punk/Ziggler. Would be a super match.

Is orton going to be in the MITB or is he going to miss mania?

Is Cody V Golddust not happening now?

I'd prefer Cody V Santino over Cody V Show, this could be built from now and it would bring back some prestige back to the IC title

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jaysus I need to catch up on sleep one of these days: EC PPV Sunday, Raw Monday, Smackdown tonight and a FOUR HOUR UFC PPV Saturday that ends 7am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah i'm much the same its Mangina, Sellout, Fruity Pebbles, Hollywood Diva, yada,yada,yada grow up the pair of yee its like they're fighting over Vince's affection. Didn't get him saying Rock needed wwe to flog fast 5 didn't that gross a Bomb, surely wwe aren't patting themselves on the back for that. Nobody expected Rock to stay even though he shouldn't of said i'm never leaving that was a bigger slip of the tongue than Kenny saying Suarez should never of been gone.

well cena wont mind getting mocked over the old fruity pebbles now, seen as he's now plastered all over their cereal boxes and no doubt making a few bucks, so he can thank the rock for that. yeah the Fast 5 statement was just ridiculous, considering the wwe movies box office records, that franchise certainly didnt need them for promotion purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i agree with the general sentiment about HIAC.

this is the way the gimmick should always be used - the ultimate blow-off to a feud.

i think blood will be needed to sell this story adequately IMO.

under the assumption that Taker's winning, he has vowed to destroy HHH basically for last year's "embarrassment", that'll need a little juice to really sell how badly Taker has beaten Hunter.

or, under the assumption HHH is going to deliver a proper beatdown in the Cell, if they go down that route again, again, there needs to be juice. i hate needless juice, but it will add another level to the match if they get special allowances to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Only noticed now after watching Taker stare off with HHH that he has removed the Sara tattoo on his neck is it gone that long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Only noticed now after watching Taker stare off with HHH that he has removed the Sara tattoo on his neck is it gone that long?

since he left her about 5-6 years ago now. might even be longer

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

since he left her about 5-6 years ago now. might even be longer

Shows how much i pay attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

really it just shows how often Taker has been around

time to retire deadman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

how likely are they to get a bit of colour in the match? Surely, considering the participants, they would get the green light, I mean the heir apparent vs the most respected veteran around, IF they want to go that route, I cant imagine them being stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Dya reckon they'll be allowed to bleed on the biggest show of the year,with lots of casual fans and mainstream press watching?I'd seriously doubt it tbh.Hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement

Dya reckon they'll be allowed to bleed on the biggest show of the year,with lots of casual fans and mainstream press watching?I'd seriously doubt it tbh.Hope I'm wrong though.

i cant help but feel that anyone else, no. But these two, maybe? and even if they arent allowed, they could go out and do it anyway, whats gonna happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nobody is going to be stupid enough to say no, you can't to that to both Triple H and Undertaker. The poor fecker would be unemployed before he finished talking! Those two could have a bloodbath and not get in trouble for it.

The pile driver is banned in WWE, yet Undertaker still uses the Tombstone. That shows how high he is on the ladder, nobody is willing to try and tell him he can't do it anymore.

I reckon if they want blood, they'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

by god dropping hell in a cell as a big announcement within the context of a logical storyline is so much better than 'well it is october, you all know what that means playas. holla holla'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I'm pretty sure they got fined last year because they used chairshots to the head in last year's match. They didn't really care, could well see them bleeding and taking the hit if told not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

spiralism wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they got fined last year because they used chairshots to the head in last year's match.

What in the name of god has happened to the WWE. "durr no chairshots to the head, in the main event, at Wrestlemania." I know it's in this whole 'PG' era thing but for christ sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Is it just me that thinks the HIAC match wont be as good as everyone believes, the Undertaker vs Mankind HIAC is unbeatable, although I am a huge Mick Foley Mark

montyrebel wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks the HIAC match wont be as good as everyone believes, the Undertaker vs Mankind HIAC is unbeatable, although I am a huge Mick Foley Mark

I'd have to disagree. HHH can work in the cell. These two just have such hard hitting, high intensity wrestling styles, i think Hell in A Cell is so so perfect. Especially when you consider BOTH their histories in the cell!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

montyrebel wrote: »

That's not a match it was a stunt show.

Not to be post-Benoit peachy but the risk wasn't worth the award for Foley there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

So do ye like takers new theme song that played when he was walking back stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

spiralism wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they got fined last year because they used chairshots to the head in last year's match. They didn't really care, could well see them bleeding and taking the hit if told not to.

That was reported on the corporate site. Just in line with the WWE's stance on the subject. A nominal fine i'm sure, if they want to bleed, they'll bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I like when they pull out the Metallica tunes for Wrestlemania, makes it a little bit more special. Song suits him too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I just realised johnny ace and teddy long will have some stupid segment at wrestlemania. I am not looking forward to that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kofi and truth

You Ghana Get Got!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vince: "Kofi, we've got a new tag partner for you!"
    Kofi: "Thank God! I was sick of that stoner! At least this time, I won't be saddled with someone likely to get suspended, curtailing our tag push."
    Vince: "It's R-Truth"
    Kofi: ":("

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I can see a slight logistical problem with the HIAC. Mania will be an outdoor event so I presume they'll be using a canopy for overhead lighting etc, I can't see them being able to suspend the cell from here though. Obviously they have everything planned out but I'll be interested to see how they manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

I can see a slight logistical problem with the HIAC. Mania will be an outdoor event so I presume they'll be using a canopy for overhead lighting etc, I can't see them being able to suspend the cell from here though. Obviously they have everything planned out but I'll be interested to see how they manage it.

Heh, tbh I think with a bit of modification they'll be able to hang it. I can't see it being any other way really. I just hope they gave their production team some heads up on they'll be housing a HIAC ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

notice how Taker didnt accept HHH's condition of it being HIAC, and just patted HHH on the shoulder. might be reading too much into it, but would love it if there was another twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I doubt it'll be a CZW job where the crowd waits 2 hours for some lads to construct the whole thing anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Build it during the HOF stuff. That gets dragged out a fair bit. Add in a celebrity segment and the preview video and they've bought a good 20 minutes. They should be able to get it together in that time. Getting it to the ring would be the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Came across this on twitter.
    @Maffewgregg Hogan & Piper were 44 & 43 when they had Age In A Cage.
    HHH & Undertaker will be 42 & 46 for
    No-Sell In The Cell. about 3 hours ago

Advertisement