Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Maybe it was a bad week , but can't see him being top 64 for long.

I think it is a good outside bet after watching him.

Paddy Power

Have Tiger 11/2 odds to win master , what a joke.

He should be 50/1

I'd say there will be 3 South African Players ahead of him alone, could be 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Maybe it was a bad week , but can't see him being top 64 for long.

I think it is a good outside bet after watching him.

Ah, he played poor; true, but would you say Donald will be outside the top 128 after watching him?

Paddy Power

Have Tiger 11/2 odds to win master , what a joke.

He should be 50/1

Paddy Power didn't make his money by getting sports odds wrong..

Ah, he played poor; true, but would you say Donald will be outside the top 128 after watching him?

Luke , is not going through a game transformation. He had a kid, won loads of money , his mind is no there at the mo.

Tiger's Head is wrong
    Swing, in two swings
    Has lost his putting
    Angry again, sign of him not right.

Wait and see, but 11 /2 come on.

I'll run naked down O'Connel street , " **** should not have said that".

• Registered Users Posts: 44 westbuteast

Time will tell but I think there is plenty left in the tank yet. Not many people can rebuild their whole game and get back to competing at that level as quick as he has. If he hits the fairways in agusta he will have a great chance. Just needs to get his rhythm on the greens it's not the pressure that is making him miss them.

Look , If he wins the Masters it will be the most amazing turn around.

It is not his putting is the problem, there is no way around Augusta with his long game.

An amazing turn around from a year ago but not from where he is now. All these guys are pros and operate at a level on a golf course that i couldn't in my wildest dreams see myself Playing at. Any of these guys could win the masters when they hit form and every pro expects to win a major if they don't they shouldn't be playing. So out of all the pros how could you not see tiger one of the best players of this generation winning any major he plays in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

McGinley is a natural. Hope he's on there for the season. At least for the WGC.

Can't see Eldrick winning with his putting.
    Seems to be miss-reading some putts and miss-hitting others.

Maybe a belly putter would help, or getting Billy on his bag.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rory McIlroy vs. Miguel Angel Jimenez

What a match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Bradley gone now as well. I really fancy Kaymer at this stage. How did Rory play, didn't see any of the golf at all tonight?

As stated previously I'm on Tiger already for the Masters, he's been competitive the last few weeks while playing erratically, his game will be well refined by April and he's always been brilliant at reading those Augusta greens. I wouldn't put it past him

Tiger's Head is wrong
    Swing, in two swings
    Has lost his putting
    Angry again, sign of him not right.

Possibly some truth in all of that, but people see Tiger not winning every week and immediately think his game is in tatters.

I'll hazard a guess (open to correction) but il'd say if you took the last 4 tournaments of all the pros, his form is top 3
    I'll run naked down O'Connel street , " **** should not have said that".

Thats a mental image I could do without:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Rory McIlroy vs. Miguel Angel Jimenez

What a match up.

A quarter of a century of an age difference!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

SSK wrote: »
    Bradley gone now as well. I really fancy Kaymer at this stage. How did Rory play, didn't see any of the golf at all tonight?

As stated previously I'm on Tiger already for the Masters, he's been competitive the last few weeks while playing erratically, his game will be well refined by April and he's always been brilliant at reading those Augusta greens. I wouldn't put it past him
    Played very well and his short game was quality, that said it was neck and neck for a good bit.

A quarter of a century of an age difference!
    Never thought of that. Just know Jimenez will be completely relaxed no matter how well Rory will be playing.

Lawrie v Laird should be interesting too, not often you get an all Scottish match in the WGC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

some exciting matches on today alright but wonder will sky just show hilights of TW's first 2 days between breaks?!!!

had lawrie got any tv coverage yet?

With the way its going its going to be tough call to try bet who will be in the last match

I'll try and predict the semis.....Kaymer vs Snedeker and McIlroy vs Watney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Out last night so fairly rough in work today. Just counting the minutes until I can go home, pan out on the couch and watch this for the evening.

I see Westwood there

link_2007 wrote: »
    Out last night so fairly rough in work today. Just counting the minutes until I can go home, pan out on the couch and watch this for the evening.

Teeing off in about 35 min for 9 holes. Cant wait for that either...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Johnson v Kaymer(toughest bracket to call - really could be any of the 4)
    McIlroy v Westwood

Final

Kaymer v Westwood (Champion)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I dunno....I have a feeling The Mechanic might do it today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Trampas

why are people predicting semi when we haven't even got to the quarters. patience children :D

Trampas wrote: »
    why are people predicting semi when we haven't even got to the quarters. patience children :D

Just started to think of semis when I saw Mcllroys potential route there, could be a lot tougher! Bae/Senden IF he gets past The Mechanic today.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭blackwaterfish

my name is miguel angel jiminez... you spilled my reserva... prepare to dieeeee

go the mechanic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

are there any streams for the WGC ?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

my name is miguel angel jiminez... you spilled my reserva... prepare to dieeeee

go the mechanic!

I wonder if he's actually left handed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Rory looking very likely to win his match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Q/finals tomorrow with the semi's and final on Sunday.

That's a departure from the norm, isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rory's long game has looked off so far this season, and he's been hitting some very loose shots this week. But his scrambling has improved massively.

• Advertisement

holy **** a 3w by Rory

Advertisement