Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knuckle - RTE Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

What do you mean? If I said blacks, romanians or jews "lives revolve around crime, simple as" it would be racist and unfair, simple as.

Jews and and Romanians aren't races, simple as.
    Ricardo G wrote: »
    Think about how many old people and farmers were robbed to get that 60k ?? Different story if this was hard earned cash but its illegal tender

Twas all honest coin sir,no word of a lie,from the landscaping and bouncing,may god strike me dead,on me mothers life etc etc

rovert wrote: »
    Going to ring Pavee Point to ring Liveline in the morning.

the 'there's good travelers and bad travelers' meme would be uttered more than once I bet
    el dude wrote: »
    Better a nice "clean" fight than a sawn off shotgun.

drop the lot of them off at opposite ends of the Glen of Immal and give them enough guns and ammo to take care of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

rovert wrote: »
    It is documentary not a series. It was real.

:rolleyes: Yes I was more than quite aware of that and it continues .....the feud :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

what was the actual name of this show I don't seem to be able to get it on RTE player,

does someone have a link to watch it somewhere else, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

what was the actual name of this show I don't seem to be able to get it on RTE player,

does someone have a link to watch it somewhere else, cheers.

It is
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1136736

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

tbh, if that was the worst that the Travellers were involved with, I wouldnt have a problem with them.. Fair fights, adjudicated by independent family members, nobody is harmed but those willing to participate.

It's the criminality and bleeding the country dry of social welfare that I have a problem with.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Scum shouldn't be on tv!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Scum shouldn't be on tv!

Something about bankers and politicans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Not particularly surprised or shocked.

The net result of generations of inbreeding IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I think the outrage about the money and the type of people they are is misplaced, this wasn't about that, we all have opinions on that - this was a documentary about bare knuckle traveller boxing and I for one found it very interesting. The fact that they hold family 'pride' so high seems to override all else, but maybe generations of thumping the **** out of each other explains a lot when it comes levels of intelligence.
    Having said that I've seen cashiers in a bank slower at counting cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I watched this a few months ago and at the time read that HBO had bought the rights to develop it into a TV series with Irvine Welsh writing.

Haven't heard anything since, but with HBO/Irvine Welsh involved it could have potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 boardie2011

You wouldn't if you knew why he was shot

Dohnny Jepp,why was he shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I really don't get the outrage about the 120k.
    Don't get me wrong, to me sitting at home with a mortage, bills and a family to feed it's a huge sum of money, but these families are huge so individual contributions from members will be relatively small, plus I doubt it if the winner is keeping every penny of it himself once he gets back home.

There are far more aspects about travelers , and society in general that anger me far more that two families abilities to raise 120k.

suppose if 10 people draw down 4 social welfare payments each at different locations under different names then 120k would be easy to accumulate.
    get real man...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

1 thing i learned is that i wouldn't get in a "Boxing ring" with a traveller for any amount of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where are the big brave members of the Revenue and Social Welfare?

Very easy to go after out of work tradesmen or single mothers rather than tackling these animals:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

washman3 wrote: »
    suppose if 10 people draw down 4 social welfare payments each at different locations under different names then 120k would be easy to accumulate.
    get real man...:mad:

Your dealing with huge families here, all with an interest in the fight, the 120k is going to come from lots of different sources within the families.

As I said in the grand scheme of things in society, the fact the two huge traveller families have 120k to spend on a fight is not a huge deal IMO.

I've seen as much change hands for road bowling competitions on the back-roads of Mayo and not a traveller to be seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Great doc, enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

This morning on 2fm Ryan Tubridy said "There was a sub-plot to that [James McDonagh] interview on Friday but I don't know if I can get into too much detail about that but maybe another time I'll explain it. It was a po-show (sp?) situation, but I'll tell you another time"

Bit strange . . .?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The guy that was talking for the Nevins with the hat was class,straight out of snatch.Think their young boxer may have had a point there that "jimmy is to sweet".Would like to know why he was really shot,he said on the Late Late that it was nothing to do with the feuds.
    By the way;Thresa,I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

tipptom wrote: »
    By the way;Thresa,I would.

Wife of the undefeated James Quinn McDonagh. I don't think you would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

So if there was a bare knuckle fight out in a wood or a car park or whatever

And the competitors were

James Quinn McDonagh V David Haye

And James Quinn McDonagh in his PRIME

Who would win
    It may be a stupid question and David Haye is probably a bit extreme but just putting it out there

I know Haye is a professional and all but could he take a punch as well with bare knuckle and no gloves. Like James is well used to taking hits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

joe-joyce-300x222.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

suzie987 wrote: »
    This morning on 2fm Ryan Tubridy said "There was a sub-plot to that [James McDonagh] interview on Friday but I don't know if I can get into too much detail about that but maybe another time I'll explain it. It was a po-show (sp?) situation, but I'll tell you another time"

Bit strange . . .?

I think the shooting in which that girl died recently is linked to the feud between some of the families in the documentary. Rumour is that it wasnt just aired for entertainment value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

obi604 wrote: »

And the competitors were

Who would win
    It may be a stupid question and David Haye is probably a bit extreme but just putting it out there

I know Haye is a professional and all but could he take a punch as well with bare knuckle and no gloves. Like James is well used to taking hits
    haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahaha :D david haye would break ya mans jaw within prob ten seconds, without being hit ,

And the competitors were

Who would win

haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahaha :D david haye would break ya mans jaw within prob ten seconds, without being hit ,

Ok, so that's one opinion

Anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

408787_314901308557403_181169015263967_821278_1566456283_n.jpg

Anymore ?

you said it maybe a stupid question. it is, end of,

Boxfresh wrote: »
    408787_314901308557403_181169015263967_821278_1566456283_n.jpg
    i just woke the missus laughing , class :D

Anymore ?

you said it maybe a stupid question. it is, end of,

Somebody got out the wrong side of bed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A professional boxer ranked in the top 10 at his weight division like Haye would crush him even under 'traveller' rules imo.

10 years+ of dedicated training, proper sporting diet, correct gym work, training from retired pros etc.

No comparision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

A professional boxer ranked in the top 10 at his weight division like Haye would crush him even under 'traveller' rules imo.

10 years+ of dedicated training, proper sporting diet, correct gym work, training from retired pros etc.

No comparision.

All that training would be of no use if David Haye if his toe is'nt up to scratch:D

Advertisement