Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knuckle - RTE Sunday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here lads I heard the Atlantic Dawns from Dundalk have sent for the Sideswipes in Oxford. Could be a fair aul fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

chordtype wrote: »
    Now let's all pretend to be outraged.

Going to ring Pavee Point to ring Liveline in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

No Atlantic Dawn will ever beat a Sideswipe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Saw this a few months ago and thought it was a great documentary..

Real life insight to the travelling community and bare fist fighting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

realies wrote: »
    Night lads and lassies,going back to me caravan.

Good, "the postman will be deliverin me tape to ya in the mornin, ya better sign for it or i'll burn ya out of it and all that belongs to ya"

• Advertisement

Ariel will have interviews up in a hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Good, "the postman will be delivered me tape to ya in the morning, ya better sign for it or i'll burn ya out of it and all that belongs to ya"

don't have a dvd recorder :o some quinn/mcdonagh robbed it :mad:or one of them quinns :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

realies wrote: »
    don't have a dvd recorder :o some quinn/mcdonagh robbed it :mad:or one of them quinns :(

You can just stick a screen on top of a stereo. It's tinker's magic or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

You can just stick a screen on top of a stereo. It's tinker's magic or something.

Not that easy i'm afraid, you would need to hire the king of the travellers Joe Joyce to perform a very special ritual in order for that to work, he twiddles the ends of his moustache for exactly 3 minutes and then the magic happens

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I really enjoyed that, jaw dropping stuff and strangely some very likeable characters. A brilliant documentary IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

ziedth wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that, jaw dropping stuff and strangely some very likeable characters. A brilliant documentary IMHO.

Who the hell was likeable?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Caraville wrote: »
    Who the hell was likeable?!

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Have a lot of respect for James Quinn McDonagh

You wouldn't if you knew why he was shot

Care to elaborate............. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I thought that the aul wan who said that the practice needs to end was spot on. She wasn't on the screen long enough to know if she is "likable" as such, but at least she spoke some sense. Fair play (hardy har har) to her for calling the lads out on the stupidity of their defending the family "names" nonsense seeing as so many of the families are all inter related anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

The funniest comedy i have seen in ages :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I really wished James fought Big Joe....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Caraville wrote: »
    Seriously, 120 grand. We're all bloody mugs going to work every day. And that's those of us who have jobs.

and we should all feel great that our "universal social charge" has contributed greatly to the prizemoney.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Faith+1 wrote: »

Have to wait for the pay per view. What do you think this is WCW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Better a nice "clean" fight than a sawn off shotgun.

cian68 wrote: »
    Have to wait for the pay per view. What do you think this is WCW?

I would of thought UFC!!? I'll even make sure I have my 9 cans of cider and straw ready to go!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

they really do lack any sort of perspective don't they?

washman3 wrote: »
    and we should all feel great that our "universal social charge" has contributed greatly to the prizemoney.:mad:

The documentary wasnt filmed when that came in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

washman3 wrote: »

I really don't get the outrage about the 120k.
    Don't get me wrong, to me sitting at home with a mortage, bills and a family to feed it's a huge sum of money, but these families are huge so individual contributions from members will be relatively small, plus I doubt it if the winner is keeping every penny of it himself once he gets back home.

There are far more aspects about travelers , and society in general that anger me far more that two families abilities to raise 120k.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I don't understand all the crap talk saying he will have to kill me to beat me.Then they show 4 fight and 2 end in a draw :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

mixed up wrote: »
    I don't understand all the crap talk saying he will have to kill me to beat me.Then they show 4 fight and 2 end in a draw :confused:

Hype.

el dude wrote: »
    Better a nice "clean" fight than a sawn off shotgun.

There's a third choice somewhere too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Faith+1 wrote: »

Dont you mean "fighted"??

Dont you mean "fighted"??

Pardon my settled grammer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What annoyed me most was the council apparently spent €4.5m doing that lovely encampment for them - seen at the start of the film. By the end, some 10 years later it was totally trashed. Yet they can gamble €120k on a fight.

Even if its the Sunday World, this article gives some insight into the background of the characters.

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php?aid=8329

Advertisement