Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Tapas and Cocktails - Market Bar 7PM - March 3rd, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

shakencat wrote: »
    ooooooooooh. im tempted. but i know.. f all in this forum!!!:(

No one really knows anyone so no one is allowed to be shy. If you wanna come pm me and I'll send you the details so you know where to find us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Posy wrote: »
    Feckin' Monday to Friday workers should have to buy us dinner! :p

Oh wait, smallBiscuit is already paying- never mind. :)

I second that :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

shakencat wrote: »
    ooooooooooh. im tempted. but i know.. f all in this forum!!!:(
    I have never met anybody going to this before.
    I'm afeared but battling through anyway- there always has to be a first time!! :eek:

The more the merrier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I know absolutely nobody coming either :P

Unless almostnever comes, old school friends :P But I dunno if she is?

Still can't wait though, haven't been anywhere in so long, I barely know how to dress for going out any more :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I haven't been anywhere in so long, I barely know how to dress for going out any more :P
    Sounds like me!
    "Going... out... doors, but not to work or on way home from work?"

*Does not compute*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Sounds like me!
    "Going... out... doors, but not to work or on way home from work?"

*Does not compute*

But not looking for work in my case :P

It should be fun though :)

Anyone who wusses out of coming is buying the drinks next time. Once you're standing there talking to everyone you'll be wondering what the hell you were worried/nervous/scared about and you'll realise how silly it is to be worried.

We were nattering like old friends within 20 minutes at the last one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Feckin' Monday to Friday workers should have to buy us dinner! :p

Oh wait, smallBiscuit is already paying- never mind. :)
    No problem, I'll pay .... oh wait damn, sorry I forgot my wallet :pac:
    Dovies wrote: »
    No its okay we found it - its in Mrs Smalls handbag! :p

Yes I am, out of Mrs Smalls handbag :D

But it's ok, she's loads of money because she's a
    niamhx wrote: »
    Stripper, I'll show you some of my moves if I make it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Yep! I'd love to be going to this one, really will be such a good night and e'er so slightly gutted I can't make it. No wussing out allowed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Awww :( Really hope you can make it!!
    Anyone who wusses out of coming is buying the drinks next time. Once you're standing there talking to everyone you'll be wondering what the hell you were worried/nervous/scared about and you'll realise how silly it is to be worried.

i am seriously not wussing. and am seriously depressed about the money sitch. but the doggy and the vet, the broken hot tank/immersion, the sky, the car, the rent, the leccy :( i want to cry. damn unemployment.

have another meet up sooooooon pls

• Advertisement

hdowney I'm so sorry you can't make it, you've had such bad luck attending the meet ups :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone later :)

hdowney wrote: »
    i am seriously not wussing. and am seriously depressed about the money sitch. but the doggy and the vet, the broken hot tank/immersion, the sky, the car, the rent, the leccy :( i want to cry. damn unemployment.

have another meet up sooooooon pls

Ah didn't realise you weren't coming. That's a shame. There should be another one in 6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Unfortuantely something has come up and Im not gong to be able to make this one. Really disappointed, but looking forward to making the next one :) Enjoy all.

niamhx wrote: »
    hdowney I'm so sorry you can't make it, you've had such bad luck attending the meet ups :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone later :)
    Ah didn't realise you weren't coming. That's a shame. There should be another one in 6 weeks or so.

yea i was coming up til middle of yesterday then everything went downhill :( six weeks hmm that'l be around easter ish. i may or may not make that one. but here is hoping :D enjoy yourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

As my tonsils are currently the size of tennis balls, I also have to bail :( Sorry everyone, was hoping I'd be able to drug myself better :rolleyes: Will hopefully be at the next one

Dolorous wrote: »
    As my tonsils are currently the size of tennis balls, I also have to bail :( Sorry everyone, was hoping I'd be able to drug myself better :rolleyes: Will hopefully be at the next one

jaysus hugs. feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

enjoy it everyone who's going, I propose all those who cant make it have our own party here. I have rum.

krudler wrote: »
    enjoy it everyone who's going, I propose all those who cant make it have our own party here. I have rum.

i have wine, beer, rum, whiskey, lots of other things and :eek:vodka:eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Did I miss it? Aww, nerts!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

whens the next one? end of april?

gah EVERYTHING is happening at the end of april :(

6 weeks would be mid-april I guess. Gentlemans club are having a night out in April as well so a maybe the weekend of the 7th or the 14th to avoid clashing seeing as some people go to both?

Might not make the next one myself so we might need a stand in events co-ordinator. :) Might as well put your suggestions for food venues in the thread. Both meals were tasty like and being in a pub was handy for sticking around afterwards, not sure how late some people stayed though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Both meals were tasty like and being in a pub was handy for sticking around afterwards, not sure how late some people stayed though. :)

Some of us stayed until the lights went on!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

The next Gentleman's one is 13 April and tLL ladies are invited too!

I hope to make the next tLL one!

6 weeks would be mid-april I guess. Gentlemans club are having a night out in April as well so a maybe the weekend of the 7th or the 14th to avoid clashing seeing as some people go to both?

Might not make the next one myself so we might need a stand in events co-ordinator. :) Might as well put your suggestions for food venues in the thread. Both meals were tasty like and being in a pub was handy for sticking around afterwards, not sure how late some people stayed though. :)

what happened in the end with the set menu, what did they give you

Massive platters of everything. There was feckin loads of it and loads of waste. They weren't overly impressed with us as we'd booked for 14 and only 9 were there for food. We had to pay for 10 for food but it was still cheap to be fair.

Starters were nachos, bread, salted almonds, dips and bread, cheese and cured meat selection.

Main course was platters of chicken salad, goats cheese salad, patas bravas, chicken + chorizo skewers, some smelly fish thing, more nachos (as they had them prepared for our bigger group and didn't want to throw to out, they were a bit annoyed with us), meatballs, some other smelly fish thing.

I'm sure I've missed some but thats the gist of it. There was loads and it was a good deal to be fair but we had absolutely NO idea what was going on or what we were getting until it was in front of us and they were a bit rude about our group been smaller than what was booked. Even people who know each other years don't always get everyone who is booked turning up :confused: so their attitude was a bit crap.

Dovies wrote: »
    Both meals were tasty like and being in a pub was handy for sticking around afterwards, not sure how late some people stayed though. :)

Some of us stayed until the lights went on!! :D

Whats new pussycat :D

Massive platters of everything. There was feckin loads of it and loads of waste. They weren't overly impressed with us as we'd booked for 14 and only 9 were there for food. We had to pay for 10 for food but it was still cheap to be fair.

Starters were nachos, bread, salted almonds, dips and bread, cheese and cured meat selection.

Main course was platters of chicken salad, goats cheese salad, patas bravas, chicken + chorizo skewers, some smelly fish thing, more nachos (as they had them prepared for our bigger group and didn't want to throw to out, they were a bit annoyed with us), meatballs, some other smelly fish thing.

I'm sure I've missed some but thats the gist of it. There was loads and it was a good deal to be fair but we had absolutely NO idea what was going on or what we were getting until it was in front of us and they were a bit rude about our group been smaller than what was booked. Even people who know each other years don't always get everyone who is booked turning up :confused: so their attitude was a bit crap.

jeez they sounded quite peeved with ye, which isn't fair. also had i been there they woulda loved me. i'd have been asking exactly what was in every dish they put in front of us, cos i do have some (not many allergies) which is why i like to choose what i eat, so i know i can. i really don't like that you were not given any choice and it was kinda like 'tough, you are a group, this annoys us, you will do exactly what we want you to do, eat exactly what we tell you to eat, and pay more for the privalige'. urgh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

There was also sangria :D (trust me to remember the alcohol!)

Advertisement