Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Martin Rogan, Odessey Arena, Belfast - April 14

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

barney4001 wrote: »
    best fight was in the crowd police called in, about 50 men and women involved
    Probably paddy Doherty and the boies, "swear ta god, wouldn't ya a lie"

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Martin Rogan clash with Mick Hennessy post Tyson Fury fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYgkej_1Fs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

god, rogan aint one moany c*nt all the way before the fight and now after. retire already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Syferus wrote: »
    It'd be a real test of their credibility in the anals of heavyweight boxing.

Riiiight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

barney4001 wrote: »
    best fight was in the crowd police called in, about 50 men and women involved

Is because of bollix like that the boxing scene isn't thriving in Ireland. It's an unfortunate fact that boxing in Ireland attracts a lot of scum "fans". This kind of stuff puts decent people off of going to events.

Regarding the fight, good performance from Fury. Could see he was trying out new things and he picked his shots fairly well. Was great to see him come in in decent shape. He still has glaring flaws but he's young, he still has a lot of potential.

Rogan should hang them up now. Good fella is Rogie but don't think anyone would like the see him fight on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Jayus I was waiting for Rogan to KO the promoter there!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Dusty87 wrote: »
    It's funny how many people say Tyson's no good. There are at least 17 professional boxers who failed to prove them right, including Chisora.

Really looking forward to this. I expect Fury to win but wouldn't put the house on it.

Do you think fury would go the distance with a klitsko? As much as i dislike chisora and admire fury's heart, id like to see that fight now. I cant see fury lasting half the distance with a klitsko after what we seen in his last bout.

No but there's no rush to take on the Klits. He's not ready yet but what heavyweight is?

According to Hennessey the plan is to be back in the ring on June 30th. Obviously no word of an opponent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

If I was Hennessey I'd feed him someone like Fres Oquendo, not in any way dangerous but credible enough for the commentators to spout some bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

No but there's no rush to take on the Klits. He's not ready yet but what heavyweight is?

According to Hennessey the plan is to be back in the ring on June 30th. Obviously no word of an opponent yet.

Skills wise he'll probably never ever be ready for either brother, I'd be holding him back for another year or two.

Fights with Price or Povetkin have been mentioned before hand, they'd be good fights though Price would be high risk, little reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Any genuine top 10 heavy would make absolute bits of Fury. He is top 15 at the very, very best.

• Advertisement

Any genuine top 10 heavy would make absolute bits of Fury. He is top 15 at the very, very best.

He has beaten a current top 10 heavy already in Chisora. I'm assuming you're going to say Chisora isn't a genuine top ten heavy. So I'm going to ask you to name 10 that deserve to be ranked ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I thinks Fury deserves a little more respect. Hes beaten everyone he has faced so far including Chisora who put up a decent show against Klitchko.

He's only 23 and hes only going to improve. I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a world champion in 5 years time.

magma69 wrote: »
    He has beaten a current top 10 heavy already in Chisora. I'm assuming you're going to say Chisora isn't a genuine top ten heavy. So I'm going to ask you to name 10 that deserve to be ranked ahead of him.

Chisora is possibly top 10, but he weighed in at 261lbs against Fury, and 241 in his next fight, so he wasn't in shape. In shape he would have KO'd Fury.

But yes, 10 that would beat him for your delectation.

Povetkin
    Wlad
    Vitali
    Chambers
    Mike Perez
    Adamek
    Helenius
    Boytsov
    Arreola
    Pulev

and the bonus number in tonight's lottery:
    Seth Mitchell (who I don't really rate but he should still beat Fury)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

god, rogan aint one moany c*nt all the way before the fight and now after. retire already

i wonder would he be as concerned about the rules beng broken if he had won? it just seems like he wants something to complain about.

I don't think Fury is as good as some are making him out to be after this fight. It's one thing to look defensively slick against a game, but limited fighter, let's see how he goes with someone who is capable of landing on him consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

I think Fury's in a bad position now. The Irish title won't draw any decent challengers so where's he going to find an opponent? He would have to fight Price to reclaim the now vacant British and Commonwealth titles to make himself a target for some other Commonwealth contenders but a fight with Price is unlikely given the TV deals the two have. Aside from that he can only wait to work his way into contention for the EBU as he's nowhere near ready for a shot at a world title.

Chisora is possibly top 10, but he weighed in at 261lbs against Fury, and 241 in his next fight, so he wasn't in shape. In shape he would have KO'd Fury.

But yes, 10 that would beat him for your delectation.

Povetkin
    Wlad
    Vitali
    Chambers
    Mike Perez
    Adamek
    Helenius
    Boytsov
    Arreola
    Pulev

and the bonus number in tonight's lottery:
    Seth Mitchell (who I don't really rate but he should still beat Fury)

Chisora is a top ten heavy, you've practically admitted that. So you admit what you said in your original post is incorrect. It definitely wasn't the best Chisora that night but to say he'd definitely beat a guy he lost to already is ridiculous.

Secondly, I asked you to name me ten fighters who should be ranked ahead of Chisora. Not ten fighters who you think would beat Fury.

Mike Perez has beaten nobody yet. He is clearly a promising boxer, I'd take him to beat Fury. He doesn't deserve to be ranked above Chisora.

Chisora has beaten Helenius. Dominated him in his own back yard. How on earth should he be ranked ahead of Chisora?

Adamek probably should just be ahead of Chisora. At heavyweight, his only decent win is Arreola. Comparing their perfomances against Vitali is quite telling. Adamek needs to go back to cruiser, he has no business at heavyweight.

Povetkin - Agree

Chambers - Agree

Boystov has feasted on bums his entire career. He has yet to fight a freaking top 30 fighter. Chisora's win against Sam Sexton is better than anything Boystov done. Less to mind his victory against Helenius and performance against Vitali.

Who has Pulev beaten that is better than Helenius? Nobody.

Arreola - I think there is little between them in terms of rankings. Could have either ahead of the other imo. Arreola hasn't beaten anyone of note in a few years and lost to Adamek. If anything I'd have Chisora ahead.

Who has Fury beaten apart from an out of shape Chisora?
    Nobody.

Also, you can add Solis and David Price to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

magma69 wrote: »

Chisora has beaten Helenius. Dominated him in his own back yard. How on earth should he be ranked ahead of Chisora?

Eh Chisora lost the Helenius fight. Stupid hometown decision it may have been but the record stands. Hard to rate Helenius or Chisora really.

I think Fury look the best I've seen him in this fight. In better shape again, but still has a way to go, and he looked to have more of a style to him. I don't see him having much of a chance against any World Class fighters at the moment though.

I had watched his last few fights as something as an oddity and with a tongue in cheek approach to watch him blunder his way through fights but after seeing him here I'm thinking his style has improved alot and if he can continue to improve he may become a viable heavyweight.

2-3 years away from any of the top tier yet by which time I imagine the K bro's will be gone in retirement. He's a likable guy and it would be good to see him get somewhere. Shame about the fans who follow him to his fights causing trouble.

Advertisement