Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Martin Rogan, Odessey Arena, Belfast - April 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

starting at ten on 5. Coverage that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Show started now appearently, the show.

Not sure what time match is on at, no inclination of it starting soon though, I assume after Chris Eubank Jr.

Box Nation said Tyson Fury went up to 23 stone between his last fight and this fight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

no links are allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

its on now

Fighter being announced, Tyson fury ATM.

Round 1 for Rogan.

Fury fightning southpaw?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

All Rogie there but a nice crisp shot in the middle of the round from Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Daroxtar wrote: »
    All Rogie there but a nice crisp shot in the middle of the round from Fury

2-0 Rogie

Plan here is for Fury to finish him late i think

• Advertisement

Rogan winning but cant see him winning the fight. Cmon marty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Nice knock down for Fury at end of the 3rd. All square after 3 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

What's the story with tysons belt

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

Nearly a boob tube

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

All over, Rogan was out on his feet. Right decision from his corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Nice touch by Fury, Showing proper respect to his opponent

Interview Translation : The plan is to avoid the top contenders until Vladamir is 40 years old , which is a smart decision

I wonder how much money Rogan got for the fight.

10k euro ending up in his pocket?

Rogan put money down to loose in round 5 that was a set up..

LMFAO!!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/dellboychisora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It was comfotable in the end for Fury, it was a good educational fight for but he still has a bit to go. I still think they are right in taking their time with him given his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It was comfotable in the end for Fury, it was a good educational fight for him but he still has a bit to go. I still think they are right in taking their time with him given his age.

It was comfotable in the end for Fury, it was a good educational fight for him but he still has a bit to go. I still think they are right in taking their time with him given his age.

good point, i dont rate fury much, but he is only 23 i suppose.

any reason why eubank is sportin a shamrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Dusty87 wrote: »
    any reason why eubank is sportin a shamrock?

Eubank jr has excellent speed but is also quite feather fisted

Fury is going to get blasted out of there by the first smart puncher he meets. He is so open for the taking its unreal.

I don't even think he is all there mentally either.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Eubank jr has excellent speed but is also quite feather fisted

Fury is going to get blasted out of there by the first smart puncher he meets. He is so open for the taking its unreal.

I don't even think he is all there mentally either.

i do agree regarding fury, but why was chris jr wearing the shamrock? Was it because he trained in belfast or a fan thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LongTail

Four leaf shamrock wasn't it? Maybe just a good luck thing?

The result was what I expected to be honest. Even though I've been a fan of the Rogan story from the beginning, I just felt that Fury would have too much for him.

Man, that American commentator was easily excited on Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Fury showed alot more tonight. His defense was his best so far by miles, and he certainly wasn't 'wide open', he kept his hands up and only got caught with a few real shots. He boxed smart, showed he has real power in both hands and looked fitter than ever.

With Fury it's all about doing the hard work to tighten his defense and get fitter, the Klitchkos are built like bodybuilders so he'll need to step up his fitness even mroe to compete. If he can do that he will be able to compete. He needs a good few fights more before he's ready for them, but he has plenty of potential. He's only 23, after all.

Added to the fact his height negates the Klitchkos' favourite tactics of leaning down and using their 'jabs' as sticks to hold their opponents out of range as they set up punches with the other hand. fury is able to hit them when they do that and it'd be extremely interesting to see how they'd cope. It'd be a real test of their credibility in the anals of heavyweight boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Syferus wrote: »
    Fury showed alot more tonight. His defense was his best so far by miles, and he certainly wasn't 'wide open', he kept his hands up and only got caught with a few real shots. He boxed smart, showed he has real power in both hands and looked fitter than ever.

With Fury it's all about doing the hard work to tighten his defense and get fitter, the Klitchkos are built like bodybuilders so he'll need to step up his fitness even mroe to compete. If he can do that he will be able to compete. He needs a good few fights more before he's ready for them, but he has plenty of potential. He's only 23, after all.

Added to the fact his height negates the Klitchkos' favourite tactics of leaning down and using their 'jabs' as sticks to hold their opponents out of range as they set up punches with the other hand. fury is able to hit them when they do that and it'd be extremely interesting to see how they'd cope. It'd be a real test of their credibility in the anals of heavyweight boxing.

i'll take it you meant annals of history unless you're talking about a whole different kind of Fury beatdown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

best fight was in the crowd police called in, about 50 men and women involved

Advertisement