Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elementary [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I wasn't expecting to warm to Lucy Liu but I really enjoy her as Watson. I know what you mean about noticing a change in her acting style though. However, she is playing a different role to the first half of the season. She was Holmes' glorified babysitter in the first half, and is now his protégé.

Not a lot of real time has passed since they first met, so she is still very new to the game. I enjoy her small successes, and it's nice to see Holmes take such an interest in her progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I have to say I'm really enjoying this show - it is much more than I expected it to be.

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I like the sound of this!....season 2 premiere to shot on location in London!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cbs-elemenary-to-film-second-season-premiere-in-london/

She was to me the woman...excellent Sherlock refrence. Anyone notice Miller swore during one scene, they muted it.....this fu*cing taste it my mouth is horrid, he goes up stairs to brush his teeth. I guess Miller really got into that scene and went off script.

The...the end :eek: - omg!....so is she her?...twin sister?, doppleganger?....or someone who just looks like her?....to teach Sherlock a lesson?.

The woman seems to mirror the Sutter situation, manipulating Holmes....but if it is her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

The...the end :eek: - omg!....so is she her?...twin sister?, doppleganger?....or someone who just looks like her?....to teach Sherlock a lesson?.

The woman seems to mirror the Sutter situation, manipulating Holmes....but if it is her :eek:

definitely her, anyone who knows anything about sherlock holmes knows its her, shes renowned for being very smart yet is easily manipulated also, or maybe more easily taken advantage of, she generally thinks shes smarter than she actually is,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved the reaction by JLM when he saw her at the end of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, giving the full quivering lip treatment!

Mr E wrote: »

he nearly collapsed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He could have just cocked his head with a bemused look (the way Sherlock normally deals with a puzzle). His actual reaction dropped his facade for a few moments. Powerful TV and well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

in hindsight i guess as soon as they gender swapped 1 character its was elementary what would follow from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

in hindsight i guess as soon as they gender swapped 1 character its was elementary what would follow from that

Sherlock has no need for hindsight. I don't think gender swapping Watson has anything to do with the Moriarity reveal.
    It is a great reveal, combining 2 characters as one, both having been total head****s to Holmes throughout the series. I'm sure it won't be the last we've seen of her.

This was a really great Watson episode. She has come into her own and now by the end of this season they seem to have a really balanced relationship.

I'm happy with the finale - no cliffhanger and we get a reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm genuinely blown away by the finale. I loved JLM's reaction too but to see him play the part at the end and catch her out was fantastic. Also something other shows could learn from was we actually got a reveal at the end, not sure cliffhanger ****e!

i doubt irene/moriarty will be held up for to long, i liked the reveal and all that but i still dont buy that shes moriarty, i think shes just another puppet like M was,

she played the part well, definitely had the confidence and intellect to do what was done but i just cant buy that irene as moriarty, its only season 1 of what is looking like at least a 7 season show, i foresee man twists to come,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

don ramo wrote: »
    i doubt irene/moriarty will be held up for to long, i liked the reveal and all that but i still dont buy that shes moriarty, i think shes just another puppet like M was,

she played the part well, definitely had the confidence and intellect to do what was done but i just cant buy that irene as moriarty, its only season 1 of what is looking like at least a 7 season show, i foresee man twists to come,

I'd agree with that - if it does turn into a multi-season show theres nothing to stop the writers introducing a new "real" Moriarty further down the line. If it wrapped up now though I'd say well done.
    Irene / Moriarty will be back though -
    we haven't had a "Sherlock is dead"/Reichenbach Falls scene yet and thats compulsory for Holmes vs. Moriarty.

Also think they wrapped up the character of Moriarty a little too cleanly.. I don't buy it!

Superb finale though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

we havn't seen mycroft yet have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I was just thinking that myself :) Really enjoyed the finale.

Nate

he hasnt even been mentioned,

+1....i dont buy that Irene is M either, i'm sure Doherty had the finale wrote before the pickup for season 2, and with Sherlocj returning to London next season, to me it smells like Irene was a patsy.

Superb tv though, just watched it through twice....extremely well written and acted, gripping tv, beliveable and electric chemistry between irene and sherlock.

You could see how they fell for each other and fell in love, which ultimately destroyed both of them. The plan was genius in its execution....and how Sherlock used her love and Watson, a woman, solved her puzzle when sherlock couldn't :)

5/5

he hasnt even been mentioned,

Who is Moycroft...his brother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Who is Moycroft...his brother?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

great ending to the series.
    Definitely my favourite show this season.
    Some great acting from JLM and Lucy Liu aswell.
    I didnt think I would like her but have to say she has really improved as the series has gone on.

Moriarty has come and gone too quickly for my liking, has to be a twist somewhere..

A couple of boring episodes midway through but overall a very strong season.
    Really loooking forward to the next, long may it continue..

Jonny Lee Miller is surely a shoe-in for an Emmy come September..

.. or a nomination at the VERY least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Basq wrote: »
    Jonny Lee Miller is surely a shoe-in for an Emmy come September..

.. or a nomination at the VERY least.

Totally agreed. I think his spin on Sherlock has been fantastic and he's put in amazing performances throughout this season.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Who is Moycroft...?

His cousin from Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, I very much doubt she's really Moriarty.

Haha, I loved the line "I have a cousin Mauri Goldberg". :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just got around to watching this now, I really like the take on Moriarty and having her and Sherlock with such a history is a great twist. They can do so much with next season, they can go the BeeB route of having them fix a trial, they could have her running her empire from prison, they could have her escape and torment Sherlock.

As for the season as a whole, a few weeks of it just seemed meh, baddie of the week kind of thing, but the back stories & ending of the series really brought it together well.

Clareman wrote: »
    As for the season as a whole, a few weeks of it just seemed meh, baddie of the week kind of thing, but the back stories & ending of the series really brought it together well.
    its a procedural at heart with an overall story arc running in the background, ALA Person if Interest or castle, networks seem to moving away from the CSI type procedural and are getting more into character driven type shows, but keep the procedural aspect to bulk them up,

it will go something like, first 2-3 episodes of a season then the middle 2-4 episodes and then the last 2 episode will focus mainly on the overrunning story-arc, and the rest will be case of the week, but i like that they dont necessarily have to work with the NYPD, they take up other cases also, meaning there is less chance of the show going stale,

Rhys Ifans has been cast in Elementary.

The Amazing Spider-Man actor will play Mycroft, the older brother of Sherlock Holmes.

He will first appear in the season two premiere, which will be filmed in London.

The episode will follow Sherlock being called to the English capital to revisit an old case, upon which he meets his brother.

Mycroft allows Sherlock and Joan, played by Lucy Liu, to stay in his home at 221B Baker Street.

"I could not be more excited to have Rhys coming aboard," said executive producer/creator Robert Doherty. "I've always been a tremendous fan and feel very honoured to have him in the fold.

Source

That there is some damn fine casting... Ifans is excellent!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Source

That there is some damn fine casting... Ifans is excellent!

The 221B Baker Street tie-in is awesome!

Advertisement