Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elementary [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the show as well, I'm liking the fact they aren't rushing to introduce a Moriarty straight away

Wrong it seems:
    Episode 1.11 of Elementary will be called "M.".

M," is a sadistic serial killer from Sherlock's past, who appears to have resurfaced in New York...

^ = :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Wrong it seems:
    Episode 1.11 of Elementary will be called "M.".

M," is a sadistic serial killer from Sherlock's past, who appears to have resurfaced in New York...

why the rolleys, its a sherlock holmes show, thats a logical course to take, did you expect them to save it for season 4 or something,

don ramo wrote: »
    why the rolleys, its a sherlock holmes show, thats a logical course to take, did you expect them to save it for season 4 or something,

Yeah...its WAY to soon to be playing this card imo, it might be introduced cynically to boost ratings. I fear another Red John or Miniature Killer arc.

Yeah...its WAY to soon to be playing this card imo, it might be introduced cynically to boost ratings. I fear another Red John or Miniature Killer arc.
    its gonna be a flashback episode of some sort, some aspect of a case will bring up some memories that will lead to a reveal of some kind,

this show will play out just like castle, tip away at the back story every other episode but save the big reveals for mid season, and season finales,

It really isn't. Moriarity is integral to understanding Holmes as a character and there's a lot that can be done with him as a character. Sure it may end up playing out over the course of years but he has sobmuch potential and I've always loved the interaction between him and Holmes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Why don't you wait and see how it plays out before criticising the show .

Sometime I think you just give out over shows for the sake it .

2 more episode ordered for this season, bringing it up to 24 episodes, one of these is apparently to account for the post superbowl time-slot elementary got for being the strongest new show this season :D:D

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/cbs-expands-elementary-order-by-two-episodes-trims-vegas-by-one/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wrong it seems:

Episode 11 is half way through season 1, in today's rating centric TV making that's an awful long time, I guess that'll be the mid-season cliff hanger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hmm always have to go with the flow of him figuring the case out with obscure clues delievered in monologues but if moriaty doesn't turn out to be Irish this show imho will be better then UK Sherlock.

Another fine episode with an interesting mystery, great performances and some more insight into Holmes. I'm absolutely loving the show and know that if the quality remains the same ill be picking up the Blu-Ray.

Im assuming that this weeks episode was shot some time after the previous six as Miller looks a lot healthier and fuller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Need to catch up over Christmas.. only watched the first two.

Good to hear it keeps delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've watched the first 5 or so, while not as good as the recent BBC Sherlock, its still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 7 was excellent. This is the best new show this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

After the first episode or two I thought it was too procedural, and House had basically done it all before. But it's just done so well I keep enjoying it, definitely the best new show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Just gets better and better.
    I started watching the U.K Sherlock which I have to say is very very good.
    I don't like Freeman so maybe thats why I prefer Elementary.
    Lets be honest, who would you rather look at Lucy Liu or Martin Freeman.
    He seems to act the same way in everything he's in, shoulder shrugs, tilt of the head like a dog who doesnt understand what you are saying.
    Sherlock holmes is fantastic in the UK one though, watson meh...

You want sex....you find me attractive, the feeling is mutual.....mostly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is that Cuddy?

Haha, ironic her starring in a Sherlock Holmes show.

I dropped the show after ep. 6 - got lazy, but its pulling in decent numbers and CBS is behind it so i'd say season 2 is a safe bet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm still enjoying it, but it's very predictable at this stage. It needs a longer arc and something more dramatic to shake it up a bit. Hopefully it'll be one of those shows that grows a lot when it goes to a second season.

So...they found a way to keep Joan around:
    “Dirty Laundry” – Sherlock and Joan investigate the murder of the general manager of a high-end Manhattan hotel whose body is found inside an industrial laundry machine. Meanwhile, since Joan’s time with Sherlock is almost up, he offers her an apprenticeship, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Jan. 3 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s205/elementary/news/a449005/vinnie-jones-to-play-sherlocks-enemy-moriarty-in-elementary.html
    Vinnie Jones is to appear in a new episode of Sherlock Holmes drama Elementary.
    The Snatch actor will play 'M.' in the CBS procedural's 12th episode, a British criminal billed as "Sherlock's greatest enemy"

I think this is a bad idea imo

Vinnie Jones to play Moriarty ..?

Could be interesting.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    a very very bad idea, no way in hell he can pull off that role, maybe he might be a puppet for M, use him as a ploy to distract from who M really is,

Terrible casting. I hope he's the thuggish puppet being controlled by a puppet master.

I don't see the issue. Jones may not be the worlds greatest actor but he's turned in some fine performances and it will be nice to see a Moriarity who is both physically aswell as mentally imposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jones may not be the worlds greatest actor but he's turned in some fine performances..
    He was good in 'Lock Stock' but not much else... the less said about X3, the better!

Still playing catch-up on this... finishing 'Love Hate' and then onto this.

Basq wrote: »
    He was good in 'Lock Stock' but not much else... the less said about X3, the better!

Still playing catch-up on this... finishing 'Love Hate' and then onto this.

He was great in Midnight Meat Train and showed that given a half decent script he could turn in a fine performances. Like a lot ot actors his size he's cast due to how imposing he looks rather than his acting ability.

.... and exhale.

Casting travesty averted.

I wonder if we'll get to meet the arch-nemesis this season?

don ramo wrote: »
    maybe he might be a puppet for M, use him as a ploy to distract from who M really is,

called it BOOM:D:D:D

absolutely great episode, we really got to see how dark Sherlock can go, and it will be interesting to see what will happen to Watson, they still haven't locked her in permanently yet,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I thought that was the strongst episode so far, and Jones was convincing as the puppet. Couple of things jarred for me, and took me out of the suspended disbelief.

Arsenal playing three nights in a row? Better research please (and it was clearly set over three consecutive days).

Seabastian Moran used the word "nick" for police station - excellent I thought, genuine native dialogue - but then goes and uses the term "cellphone". What? A fella just arrived from Lahndahn wouldn't use that word, especially to a fellow Brit.

Those small qualms apart, excellent episode, nice injection of tension for the second half of the season.

I think Watson is staying on, and I think Holmes knows she lied.

Advertisement