Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did You Think Up Your Username?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well I once smoked weed and was smoking with a few mates one night. After 2 joints I lay on the floor and dozed off. Woke the next morning and My mates had superstoner printed on my forehead in perminent marker. 90 is just a random number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

Now no-one will find out the story behind my username. Mwahahahaha.

Right lads we have to peer pressure flourescence into giving us an answer :D:D

Einhard wrote: »
    I'm an 8th century Frankish monk and, having finished my biography on Charlemagne, I had a bit of time on my hands so decided to sign up here and share my wisdom with the masses.

Excellent :) Do you have any of that nice tonic wine like the monks in Buckfast abbey? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Loosely translated from Japanese mine mean's winding, and is part of most of my throws in judo.

When I throw someone I aim to follow the throw through to the ground with a winding/Makikomi movement as seen in this clip.

To be thrown is very sore when 19st follow's you to the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

Just thought it would be 'gas' ............. well it is actually ......... or is it???

I'm confused. I'm going back too bed.

• Advertisement

Loosely translated from Japanese mine mean's winding, and is part of most of my throws in judo.

To be thrown is very sore when 19st follow's you to the ground :)

This is why Judo is not for girls :) haha which is why I stuck to kempo :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I wanted a name that no one would associate with me, gives the impression that I'm a happy go lucky, alls well in the world kind of person, but I am not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

This is how I got my username. Your attention please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The movie Super Troopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Easy Rod wrote: »
    The movie Super Troopers.

Stupid Movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

vtec_vixen wrote: »
    This is why Judo is not for girls :) haha which is why I stuck to kempo :):D

Actually we have Lisa Kearney (Irish Judo) fighting in Dusseldorf, Germany for qualifying points for the 2012 London Olympics today - she's almost qualified and has to tie up the few remaining qualifying results..

Finger's crossed X

This is Lisa in the blue judo suit.

At 48kgs she's a little power house.

Good luck with the Kempo btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was on Habbo Hotel Donkey's years ago and a friend of mine suggested it. It's been my username on everything ever since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Christopher Biggins?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Used to call myself 'Frozenfire' which evolved into frozen, tried to sign up here but it was already taken so i got stuck with this horrible thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I talk a load of cloptrop. Its actually became a phrase in the football forum ,
    eg thats cloptrop that is.
    If you see this posted there its the legacy I have given the football forum before they banned me for speaking cloptrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

How did I think of my name?
    Jaysus I don't even remember signing up to boards..

<meth is a hell of a drug>

...I think it must of been a typo, defiantly should of been sap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

phasers wrote: »
    I was on Habbo Hotel Donkey's years ago and a friend of mine suggested it. It's been my username on everything ever since.

Ah Habbo. I had a different account for that everytime I logged in because I could never remember my username or password :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

cloptrop wrote: »
    I talk a load of cloptrop. Its actually became a phrase in the football forum ,
    eg thats cloptrop that is.
    If you see this posted there its the legacy I have given the football forum before they banned me for speaking cloptrop.

cloptrop by name, cloptrop by nature. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was just munching a packet of crisps at the time. Actually a second packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its simple, I play the bodhran so Im Bodhrandude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

well it was a tough decision........ really wish I though of a more humorous name:p

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Was my nickname in school, I'm skinny see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

My name is an anagram for Pat Butcher does it like a mountain goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

A song from the mighty Soundgarden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE&ob=av3e

The 75 is the year of my birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Contrary to popular belief I have no affiliation with the Ku Klux Klan. I'm from the great hurling county Kilkenny and their mascot is the cat so out of this KKkitty is born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I love sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

mine isnt really anything exciting and it dosnt have a great story behind it...
    have a 10 month old german pup called sasha but we call her sashiee or squidy.

squidgy was taken.

Sashiee it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

People say I monkey around.

Advertisement