Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NETFLIX...Your Verdict

Options
  • 18-02-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Poll: So how many of you signed up for netflix and enjoy it? and how many of you signed up for it and hate it?

I signed up for it, and at first it seemed cool until I realised there is not that much of a selection of movies.

But what do YOU think?

What do you think of Netflix? 129 votes

Signed up for it and hate it
    0% 0 votes
    Signed up for it and love it
    24% 32 votes
    Never signed up for it, but this thread will show me whether I should or not.
    75% 97 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Switch to US version there is a lot more to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Meh, I can still find sites online where I can watch movies/series for free. I don't bother with Netflix ... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Im still trying to figure how to download that car, don't have time for anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Kamjana wrote: »
    Switch to US version there is a lot more to choose from.

So can I just switch my details to the u.s version? or do I have to leave the Irish one and then begin the whole process of signing up again for the U.s version? and how much is the U.S version per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

It's only OK

I have a fairly decent laptop with 3gb of ram but i find it slows my system down a lot. You can forget efficient browsing if you have it open in the back ground

Films and Documentarys are still fairly limited but I'm sure they will update it with time

I don't think I'd pay for it yet, will wait and see how it develops first

• Advertisement

I realised the results are hidden. I didnt mean that to happen. Can mods help me out and change it so they are visible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Onesimus wrote: »
    So can I just switch my details to the u.s version? or do I have to leave the Irish one and then begin the whole process of signing up again for the U.s version? and how much is the U.S version per month?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056430225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Poll: So how many of you signed up for netflix and enjoy it? and how many of you signed up for it and hate it?

I signed up for it, and at first it seemed cool until I realised there is not that much of a selection of movies.

But what do YOU think?

The choices are limited and shite, tbh. A total of 18 "Foreign" movies? Me arse.

It's only OK

I have a fairly decent laptop with 3gb of ram but i find it slows my system down a lot. You can forget efficient browsing if you have it open in the back ground

Films and Documentarys are still fairly limited but I'm sure they will update it with time

I don't think I'd pay for it yet, will wait and see how it develops first

Randy. I have a big screen tv with HD connection and lead from it to the laptop. This way I can watch the movies on the big tele just like a DVD instead of laptop. All you need is once HD lead from tele to laptop and you got all the sound from the tele and everything. Pretty cool and cheap for me.

Nodin wrote: »
    The choices are limited and shite, tbh. A total of 18 "Foreign" movies? Me arse.

yeah thats what I was thinkin. They dont tell you this until you sign up and realise the limited amount they have.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

IBTL

OP, there are already threads with hundreds of responses answering your question in the right fora.

IBTL

Why would it be locked? I'm doing a poll looking for a wider audience of Ireland on this subject. I'm not going to get a good load of opinion from the tele section of boards where the cobwebs are probably plentiful at the minute with the amount of people that venture in there ( if any ) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I was going to sign up for it, but the selection of things they have is really very limited, so saw no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Didn't think that much of it til I changed over to the US one. Loving it atm tho. Will keep it for two or three months and anything after that will depend on how often it is updated with new content.that is key for me

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

I got the months trial when it was out first. The shows on it wouldnt play properly on my fairly new laptop and are mostly old american ones but I havn't seen a lot of them and they look great in HD on the xbox. Last I checked, (earlier this month) there wasn't enough content to make me pay for another month but I'm sure they will update the archive and hopefully soon enough we will be on par with America. And when that happens I will gladly pay the 7 quid. In the mean time I'm gonna try find a way to have a look at whats on Netflix when you're not a member. Any ideas?

jonny666 wrote: »
    Didn't think that much of it til I changed over to the US one. Loving it atm tho. Will keep it for two or three months and anything after that will depend on how often it is updated with new content.that is key for me

How do you change to the U.S Version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

yeah thats what I was thinkin. They dont tell you this until you sign up and realise the limited amount they have.

Well thats all that shows for the "free trial". Theres no list of stuff saying "these available to members" so theres no way I'd take the chance of forking over and getting shafted .

Why would it be locked? I'm doing a poll looking for a wider audience of Ireland on this subject. I'm not going to get a good load of opinion from the tele section of boards where the cobwebs are probably plentiful at the minute with the amount of people that venture in there ( if any ) .

:confused:

Have you even looked? There's a general Netflix discussion thread in the film forum with over 700 replies. If you had looked there first you'd already know how to access the US content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IBTL

This thread is in the wrong forum it should be in films. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have you even looked? There's a general Netflix discussion thread in the film forum with over 700 replies. If you had looked there first you'd already know how to access the US content.

Is that thread not focusing on movies rather than on both movies and TV series?

• Advertisement

How do you change to the U.S Version?

I'm using it through my Ps3. It's just a matter of changing DNS settings on the ps3. Think it works for Xbox too but not certain. Google will tell you the exact settings to change. I don't know about changin it through the pc tho. I'd imagine some sort of VPN would be involved

I am not here looking how to get the us version. I'm here looking for a Mass poll on netflix. I am not going to get it in the tele section.

I must say I'm sick of members coming in here trying to ''influence'' mod decisions all the time. It happens in every thread I see. absolutely rotten behaviour it is. :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I couldnt stand the layout of the menu, And the selection was awfull. They had old season of old tv show's and not even the latest season which i could watch for free on the e4 player. It seems to have a lot of show's on it which you can see for free elsewhere along with the newest episodes.

Didnt like the selection of films i think their was like 2 which were all out before like 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Netflix is a fabulous service for €7.00 a month.
    Just put on a movie,No going to Xtravision or having to download illegally.
    I have HD and 5.1 sound and it never stutters.

Getting the US version is very easy and has a huge selection.
    The likes of Xtravision are being hit hard by this,no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not exactly true since there still seems to be new people asking every single day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I must say I'm sick of members coming in here trying to ''influence'' mod decisions all the time. It happens in every thread I see. absolutely rotten behaviour it is. :mad::p

I'd say the mods are sick of you double posting aswell.Learn to multiquote.

But on the topic of Netflix...Some of the stuff on it is great but a lot of it is old films that we have all seen before.Hopefully over time they will make it comparable to the US version.Then it will certainly be worth the 7 euro per month.

celj wrote: »

Are you using PC/laptop when switching to us version? or are you using a games console?

I am not here looking how to get the us version. I'm here looking for a Mass poll on netflix. I am not going to get it in the tele section.
    Are you not reading my posts or something? I just posted a link to a thread with over 700 replies, there's also a thread in the bargain alerts forum with over 300 replies. So that's over 1000 replies.

That's quite a ''good load of opinion''.

• Advertisement

celj wrote: »

I've been using it since the first week and ive never ever had a problem with it buffering either. It's great. I was using the sky player on the Xbox and it was absolutely brutal for buffering or just deciding to not work at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement