Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink?

Options
  • 17-02-2012 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I am wondering how much is to much? I drink 2-3 bottles of wine in the course of a week now does that sound like a lot?

How much do you drink?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

12-18 Bottles (500ml) of beer a week, Usually the lovely Tyskie (Polish beer)

Not in one stitting mind, between 12 and 18 last me a whole week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

You should probably visit AA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I drink one or two beers* most evenings and am quite paranoid that it is too much. According to drinkaware it is anyway....

*problem is that they are craft beers which can range from 1 to 5 units per bottle! :eek:

John Doe1 wrote: »
    You should probably visit AA

I dont have a car though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

toexpress wrote: »
    How much do you drink?

I cannot remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

30 pints a beer a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wish I could drink more.

biko wrote: »
    I wish I could drink more.

Me too....

Stupid God with his 'Two hands, but only one mouth' policy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

30 pints a beer a week.

I call BS on that. Are you really trying to tell us you drink on average four and a half pints a day ??? :rolleyes:

KTRIC wrote: »
    I call BS on that. Are you really trying to tell us you drink on average four and a half pints a day ??? :rolleyes:

Are you for real?

I know l;ads would spill more than that in a day ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Less than I'd like and more than I should :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

about 24-40 pints/cans a week, although i have hit triple that or more depending on week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Most weeks I'd have 6-10 litres of strong-ish beer. Others I'd have about 12-18 cans of Dutch Gold. If I'm drinking twice I could probably hit about 15-20 litres. I've cut down a lot in the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Maybe he goes out on the lash 3 times a week and drinks 10 pints...or twice a week and drinks 15 (roughly). A lot of people do that.

I don't drink very much, the occasional night out (maybe once a month) and maybe a glass of wine a week otherwise, if even that.

like mine the total could be skewed from weekend consumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

2-3 bottles* on a Thursday night.

Same again on Saturday night.

More if I go out at the weekend.

But not getting out much anymore.

* 330ml beer, not wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

No bull i go out 3-4 times a week drink 7-8 pints a sitting.Its bad i know but fook it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Generally just about the recommended maximum 21 units in beer or red wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I would drink a similar amount. And not 4 and 1/2 pints a day, more like 30 over the course of a weekend. Not all of us in this country drink responsibly you know :rolleyes: And yes I do have a drinking problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I typically drink a shoulder of vodka on Saturday. If it's a special occasion I might drink a bottle of JD.

If I'm just having pints I rarely drink more than 2 or 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seachmall wrote: »
    I typically drink a shoulder of vodka on Saturday. If it's a special occasion I might drink a bottle of JD.

If I'm just having pints I rarely drink more than 2 or 3.

What's a shoulder again? 350ml?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ghandee wrote: »
    Are you for real?

I know l;ads would spill more than that in a day ffs!
    danniemcq wrote: »
    about 24-40 pints/cans a week, although i have hit triple that or more depending on week.
    Bad Panda wrote: »
    Maybe he goes out on the lash 3 times a week and drinks 10 pints...or twice a week and drinks 15 (roughly). A lot of people do that.

I don't drink very much, the occasional night out (maybe once a month) and maybe a glass of wine a week otherwise, if even that.
    No bull i go out 3-4 times a week drink 7-8 pints a sitting.Its bad i know but fook it!

Jaysus !!! :eek: I'm a fucking light weight then. I take my hat off to your hardened livers :rolleyes:

When I do drink its a max of about 4 or 5 pints a week.

amacachi wrote: »
    What's a shoulder again? 350ml?

Ya

Jaysus !!! :eek: I'm a fucking light weight then. I take my hat off to your hardened livers :rolleyes:

When I do drink its a max of about 4 or 5 pints a week.

i'd easily go through that during the second half of a football or rugby game (first half usually 2-3)

last weekend for utd/liverpool game i only managed one first half (hungover from night before) but once that was done and i had the taste i was on the batter for rest of the day having 5-6 a match for 3 matches!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

8-10 cans once or twice a week, usually twice, cut back loads recently, feel all the better also :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I drink way too ****ing much. Close to 30 pints a week, with same routine as mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have a guess :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Trying to lay off it (have been saying this for years), but on a normal week these days, might have about 8-12 pints or 500ml cans or mixture of both on a Friday, similar on a Saturday, and then try and ween myself off with 4 or 5 on a Sunday. Thursday kicks off sometimes too, 8 pinters are common. So about 30 pints a week.

The recent weeks have been a lot better though, really going to try not to drink tonight, have not had a drink since Saturday. And yes I know I have a drinking problem.

Its a bad sign when, stuck for a mixer for vodka, you use the syrup from a can of fruit cocktail!

Ya, I really stooped that low one night, in my days as a student in the holylands of Belfast.

Man, I miss those days!

Couch pulled out on to the actual street on a really warm day, lads pucking a hurling ball up and down the street, Pogues blaring out of the stereo, and some scantily cladded girls neckin alcopops.

Stupid time always pushes on though, and next thing you know your a responsible (debatable) adult!

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    Its a bad sign when, stuck for a mixer for vodka, you use the syrup from a can of fruit cocktail!

Gradually reduce the amount of mixer you use and you'll find yourself drinking straight, or near straight, vodka.

You'll still use a bit of mixer most of the time but when there's no mixer available you won't need one and you certainly won't resort to syrup :P.

Plus it's cheaper.
    Couch pulled out on to the actual street on a really warm day, lads pucking a hurling ball up and down the street, Pogues blaring out of the stereo, and some scantily cladded girls neckin alcopops.
    Reminds me of Paddy's day 2 or 3 years ago, good times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement