Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options
12122232426

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler


    SeantheMan wrote: »
    The reason you're jealous is because we can't relive the story for the first time again :( , I'm in the same boat. I could play through it again, but the emotional aspect wouldn't be as strong

    I haven't been inclined to replay any of it and make other choices, and I like that. I'll replay it at some point and do everything differently, but for now I just want to experience it on the decisions I'm making, the episode 3 spoiler
    scene where Duck and Katja die was heartbreaking


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    on 2nd playthrough, happy to make all the same choices as that is the story I want. I have the onscreen prompts and info enabled, thought it would make it faster, finding items, etc. but I really don't like it how it tells how characters react to your decisions. Much better with it turned off.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Alright, near the end of episiode 5 and it's been a mind-f*ck all over again. I had a question though. Only major decision I made differently was showing the group
    my bite
    at the end of episode 4. Last playthrough, I hid it and Ken and Ben came with me but omid and christa didn't. This time, O & C and Ben came with me but Kenny stayed. I actually didn't mind Kenny this playthrough, as apposed to hating him on the 1st. I didn't
    fight him
    on the train and though I supported him more. Why didn't he go with me.

    Anyone get all of the group to go with you?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Alright, near the end of episiode 5 and it's been a mind-f*ck all over again. I had a question though. Only major decision I made differently was showing the group
    my bite
    at the end of episode 4. Last playthrough, I hid it and Ken and Ben came with me but omid and christa didn't. This time, O & C and Ben came with me but Kenny stayed. I actually didn't mind Kenny this playthrough, as apposed to hating him on the 1st. I didn't
    fight him
    on the train and though I supported him more. Why didn't he go with me.

    Anyone get all of the group to go with you?

    Nah, I told Ben to decide if he wanted to come and he stayed.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox


    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Alright, near the end of episiode 5 and it's been a mind-f*ck all over again. I had a question though. Only major decision I made differently was showing the group
    my bite
    at the end of episode 4. Last playthrough, I hid it and Ken and Ben came with me but omid and christa didn't. This time, O & C and Ben came with me but Kenny stayed. I actually didn't mind Kenny this playthrough, as apposed to hating him on the 1st. I didn't
    fight him
    on the train and though I supported him more. Why didn't he go with me.

    Anyone get all of the group to go with you?

    I think fighting him on the train makes him respect you even more


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Grimebox wrote: »
    I think fighting him on the train makes him respect you even more

    ah for f*ck sake


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster


    **** Kenny. I tried to be nice to him throughout the game, but he was always snippy with me. He was the only one of the group that didn't come with me after I was bitten IIRC. Got roughed up for his trouble.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox


    They all came with me. I am a bad ass


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Just cleared it again. **** you telltale.....**** you so much


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars


    Picked up the 400 days DLC on steam as it was half price. Only done 2 stories but pity they are so short.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city


    Just finished it last night. Tears may have been shed :cool:
    While I enjoyed the first 3 episodes, I thought the last 2 episodes were in a different class.
    (With the latest episode of Breaking Bad too it was a serious evening's entertainment.)

    I had played the demo and didn't like it but when the awards kept coming in and it was less than a tenner on PSN I finally picked it up.
    Did the Kenny ending make no sense to anyone else though? I really didn't like his character throughout. From the beginning he could have put Duck down and tried to help save Shaun but he didn't. Then he hesitated when Lee was about to be chewed by a walker and came out with some whack excuse about there being walkers everywhere.

    In the dairy he jumped the gun on Larry, hadn't got the balls to do what needed to be done with his own son and was just generally unstable throughout. I had him shoot the kid in the attic, man needed to face reality, step up and take some responsibility in the group instead of just bitching all the time.

    I was nice to him, gave him plenty of chances and talked him down on the train and then he goes and gives Lee crap when Clem goes missing. I lost the temper and all respect for him then.

    When Ben came clean he seemed to be getting it together. Then he goes and effectively commits suicide. All he had to do was shoot Ben and leave with Lee but he chose to stay there to try and save the unsaveable. WTF?

    Also, I think it was obvious Clem was going to be in season 2 from the scene after the credits roll. It's a definite to be continued moment. No doubt we'll see Lilly at some stage too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn


    sin0city wrote: »
    Just finished it last night. Tears may have been shed :cool:
    While I enjoyed the first 3 episodes, I thought the last 2 episodes were in a different class.
    (With the latest episode of Breaking Bad too it was a serious evening's entertainment.)

    I had played the demo and didn't like it but when the awards kept coming in and it was less than a tenner on PSN I finally picked it up.
    Did the Kenny ending make no sense to anyone else though? I really didn't like his character throughout. From the beginning he could have put Duck down and tried to help save Shaun but he didn't. Then he hesitated when Lee was about to be chewed by a walker and came out with some whack excuse about there being walkers everywhere.

    In the dairy he jumped the gun on Larry, hadn't got the balls to do what needed to be done with his own son and was just generally unstable throughout. I had him shoot the kid in the attic, man needed to face reality, step up and take some responsibility in the group instead of just bitching all the time.

    I was nice to him, gave him plenty of chances and talked him down on the train and then he goes and gives Lee crap when Clem goes missing. I lost the temper and all respect for him then.

    When Ben came clean he seemed to be getting it together. Then he goes and effectively commits suicide. All he had to do was shoot Ben and leave with Lee but he chose to stay there to try and save the unsaveable. WTF?

    Also, I think it was obvious Clem was going to be in season 2 from the scene after the credits roll. It's a definite to be continued moment. No doubt we'll see Lilly at some stage too.
    On my first playthrough, Kenny didn't come with me either when I was going after Clem. I almost always sided with him, but in the course of trying to be diplomatic with Larry and Lilly, and saving Ben in the clocktower, I think it was just borderline the wrong way. I think there is one speech option that will nearly always get him to come with you though.

    As for his death, I think he also wanted to help give Lee, Christa and Omid more time. Yes, he effectively commits suicide, but at that point he had nothing left anyway. Wife and kid were dead, the boat which he thought was their only hope for survival and escape were gone, and he was feeling guilty about how he'd been treating everyone. He knew a lot of what had happened was his fault because he was so stubborn. He didn't know if Lee, Christa and Omid would have to get back down to street level again, so sacrificing himself and drawing more walkers to him would give them more time.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city


    Penn wrote: »
    On my first playthrough, Kenny didn't come with me either when I was going after Clem. I almost always sided with him, but in the course of trying to be diplomatic with Larry and Lilly, and saving Ben in the clocktower, I think it was just borderline the wrong way. I think there is one speech option that will nearly always get him to come with you though.

    As for his death, I think he also wanted to help give Lee, Christa and Omid more time. Yes, he effectively commits suicide, but at that point he had nothing left anyway. Wife and kid were dead, the boat which he thought was their only hope for survival and escape were gone, and he was feeling guilty about how he'd been treating everyone. He knew a lot of what had happened was his fault because he was so stubborn. He didn't know if Lee, Christa and Omid would have to get back down to street level again, so sacrificing himself and drawing more walkers to him would give them more time.
    I didn't feel there was any other option than to tell him to go **** himself. That was the final straw for me; an eight/nine year old child goes missing and he bases whether he's going to help find her on how much you have or have not backed him up? No, sorry.

    And almost everyone has lost their entire family. Lee has and by the end Clem has seen her parents as walkers and loses Lee but you don't see her running into the walkers arms. The child and in the end even Ben had more spine than Kenny. His guilt may be a factor and he did have to watch his son change and his wife shoot herself but notwithstanding that, he still takes the easy way out. It's especially galling when he's just made a passionate speech about the couple who had committed sucicide, how they had given up and how wrong it was, that you have to go on no matter how hard.

    And I don't think he helped the others at all. The walkers would be attracted by the gun shot and al fresco Ben anyway. I think he would have been a bigger help to the others alive but I suppose his actions fit the type of character he was.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83


    After reading this again I'm going to start re playing it. Such a great game


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales


    I finished this today on the VITA and while I enjoyed it I find all the praise and game of the year awards all over the top. The story is pretty good in places I agree but the gameplay itself is terrible. Surely the point of a game is to actually have fun playing it. I don't think you can award a game 'Game of the Year' if the fun stuff is the story and you just want to rush through everything else. The shooting sections or any actions sections were just straight up terrible.

    Also is it just the VITA port or is the game a technical mess? The sound is all over the place. The game pauses for seconds at a time every time the camera shifts or the scene changes. The game froze a few times on me too and I had to quit and restart. There were several scenes in which I died because it didn't register my actions. At some points I had to switch to touch controls so that it would get me through.

    There is one little plot point is annoying me though. In episode five I found myself on the
    building roof with Omid and Crista. The conversation was about who would cross the sign first. Lee says that he will go first because Omid is walking on one leg and Crista is walking for two. So does Lee know that Crista is pregnant? It was hinted at throughout but never explicitly stated.

    I found few of the characters likeable and I was pretty happy when most of them bite the dust. I did find the central relationship between Lee and Clementine to be extremely well done. I can't think of another game that does such a relationship so well (I've yet to play The Last of Us).

    Also I noticed in a few of the posts that a lot of people have
    Ben
    with them to the end. I can't believe it.
    I got rid of him at the first opportunity. Although I almost felt sorry for him when the fall didn't actually kill him and he got swarmed by the walkers.

    So in the end I'm a bit disappointed with it. Although it was better than Season 2 of the show. I'm playing through 400 Days and that is pretty poor in my opinion. I think I will hold off on Season 2 for a while.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N


    Also is it just the VITA port or is the game a technical mess? The sound is all over the place. The game pauses for seconds at a time every time the camera shifts or the scene changes. The game froze a few times on me too and I had to quit and restart. There were several scenes in which I died because it didn't register my actions. At some points I had to switch to touch controls so that it would get me through.

    It must just be the Vita port. I played it on PC and had no technical problems at all.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith


    I saved Ben until the end. He was bloody useless, and a complete liability, but he didn't deserve to be shot / left behind. And his meltdown at Kenny in Chapter 5 was one of the best bits of the chapter, and made Kenny's sacrifice much more meaningful imo.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9


    C14N wrote: »
    It must just be the Vita port. I played it on PC and had no technical problems at all.

    Maybe it's just the Playstation version as I noticed that a nice bit playing the ps3 version.


  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire


    Man I have just started into these walking dead series for the first time.

    Heard a good bit about them, all good, yet never really got around to playing any of them.

    I got the game of the year edition, all 5 episodes of this first season. This evening I started and finished episode 1 and all I can say is that now I am hooked!!! :)

    Just love it!

    Hope to start episode 2 tonight but I should slow down a bit, otherwise I will have them done in no time! :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Elana_29


    Is the GoT game out yet, I heard TTGames were making one.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71


    Elana_29 wrote: »
    Is the GoT game out yet, I heard TTGames were making one.

    First part was out a couple of weeks ago.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead


    Arise Zombie thread.

    So despite really enjoying the Telltale stuff I actually only finished this on Friday, (mainly due to the fact i was playing it couch co-op with a mate that was visiting every month or so).

    Seems like the pacing of the chapters was a bit all over the place compared to the newer games.

    Chapters 2 and 4 I think seemed waaaaayyyyyy longer than some others.
    Ended up being in the 8% that had no-one come with me to rescue Clem, I dropped Ben like a cold as I was thinking he was gonna die like anyway.
    Cut my own arm off, dunno if it helped, ended up getting Clem to blow my brains out, Kenny had jumped into the roof after the Radio and pretty sure he's zombie-food but not confirmed, told Clem to go find Krista and Omid who I think went looking for another boat.
    Have season 2 and 500 Days installed, been told my choices kind of carry over


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Now go play Season Two. If you think the first was intense, then you ain't seen nothing yet.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer


    I just sat down the other day and played Season 2 through. Incredible experience, totally deserves every single accolade it received and more.

    The writers of the TV show could seriously do with a loan of the in-house writers at TellTale.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    I just sat down the other day and played Season 2 through. Incredible experience, totally deserves every single accolade it received and more.

    The writers of the TV show could seriously do with a loan of the in-house writers at TellTale.

    The ending
    with the baby
    was the most uncomfortable I've been in a game for a long time. But it was all so fantastic.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose


    I don't know how I missed this announcement at e3 :eek:
    The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret.
    The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back
    .

    You can expect to see the premiere this fall on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices. You'll need at least the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season Two in order to play The Walking Dead: Michonne, but we'll have more info on that for you closer to the premiere date.

    Only read about it in the Letter Hacks of this weeks issue, great stuff :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby


    There was a thread on it when it was announced. Predictably, the thread died a quick death as the idea is rubbish.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89


    Not from telltale but there is a new Escapists game based on The Walking Dead. Coming to PC & Xbox One, haven't heard about PS4.
    Based on the Comic book not Telltales' story


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    The voice actors are doing a live play of season 1, starting in 30 minutes on twitch. Will watch it tomorrow but sounds class. Will play key scenes from the game. If anything like the Last of Us live version, should be brilliant.

    http://t.co/ozZILV0jDL


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin




Advertisement