Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Game of the year! Holy sh!t. Delighted it beat the likes of AC3and Mass Effect. Fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

blaa85 wrote: »
    Game of the year! Holy sh!t. Delighted it beat the likes of AC3and Mass Effect. Fully deserved.

Indeed, only half through episode 2 but already its challenged me on a completely other level compared to the rest of this years games

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale won big at the VGA's and well deserved, especially Melissa Hutchinson as Clementine

Game of the Year:
    The Walking Dead: The Game

Studio of the Year:
    Telltale Games, The Walking Dead: The Game

Best Performance by a Human Female:
    Melissa Hutchinson as Clementine, The Walking Dead: The Game

Best Adapted Video Game:

Best Downloadable Game:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just finished the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it. If there's one criticism to level at it its that Telltale still don't have a ****ing clue how to handle bits where you actually are given 'control' :pac: Luckily the storytelling completely makes up for the bland puzzles, QTEs or frequent 'hold W to progress' bits - finally fulfilling the promise of meaningful, player-driven storytelling (or at least crafting a very compelling illusion of meaningfulness). Come expecting strong storytelling and you won't be disappointed, although definitely would welcome the developers being just a little braver when it comes to puzzle and more traditional 3rd person gameplay. The last episode was the best paced of the lot, IMO - perfect length. There were parts in the earlier episodes where some of the 'action' sequences felt like padding. Very little of that at the end.

Curious to see where they'll take a second season. Lots of interesting characters or story avenues they could go down -
    Molly would make for an interesting counterpoint to Lee IMO, and there's enough 'survivors' to make a stength continuation an intriguing prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Definitely one of my favourite endings of all time.
    I had Clem shoot me. I'm so glad that it faded to black straight away. Little disappointed they felt the need to add in the Clem epilogue, but I'm sure lots of people would be up in arms if the didn't.

I might play through it again at some point, but given how little difference your choices actually make, I'll probably hold off for a while.

This is the first game I've played where the episodic style really pays off. I bought the game during a steam sale, when only the first episode was available, and at the end of each episode I was dying to know what happened next (the sign of a great game). Having to wait between each episode really builds anticipation. I would imagine it has also resulted in a hell of alot more sales.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 (if it ever makes it off the drawing board). I think they'd probably be better starting off with new characters, maybe bringing in some of the survivors of Season 1 after a few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I picked this up in the last Steam sale and played the first episode but my choices weren't carried over to the second episode.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I really enjoyed playing the first episode but since my decisions weren't carried over it just put me off playing any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Episode 3, big ass spoiler:
    Lily just shot Carly in the head! Holy crap. Out of interest is there anything I could have done to avoid that? I liked Carly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

danthefan wrote: »
    Episode 3, big ass spoiler:
    Lily just shot Carly in the head! Holy crap. Out of interest is there anything I could have done to avoid that? I liked Carly :(
    Nope, there is nothing you can to save Carley. I tried many times after it happened to first time to change it, but to no avail. It just has to happen :(

Nope, there is nothing you can to save Carley. I tried many times after it happened to first time to change it, but to no avail. It just has to happen :(
    And good jaysus I just thought Clem had turned. This game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Finished this last night,
    I chose to keep Lee's arm as I got the impression he was ****ed anyway. Turns out I was right, unfortunately.

One of the best game experiences I've had in a long while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw Dave Fennoy (Lee) on Raising Hope, bit mad! There is a vid on youtube of lee climbing that ladder but with the song from MGS 3 from the scene of snake climbing that ladder.

Snake Eater?! Oh man I have to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, going to buy this finally, so for those who have played it, is it better on PS3 or 360, or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The VGAs are generally a joke but for such a mainstream awards show to shower The Walking Dead not just with awards but the Game of the Year itself is gratifying. I'm sure in some quarters it'll be seen as a statement vote but as a gaming experience I can't say I've had a more memorable one all year and indeed longer.

I guess we can consider season 3 greenlit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ok, going to buy this finally, so for those who have played it, is it better on PS3 or 360, or does it matter?

Makes no difference at all.
    The PS3 version had a few glitches but were patched.

Go for whatever version you want. Best game I've played this year.

Just finished episode 4. Can't remember all the choices now tbh but I did the following:
    Brought Clementine to the school
    Let Ben die (finally)
    Showed the bite

Can't believe Lee got bitten. Bah. And had been waiting for ages to off Ben, didn't like him at all, he was useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

For anyone who hasn't bought it yet, should be down to 12.50 on steam sale at 4pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Corkfeen wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't bought it yet, should be down to 12.50 on steam sale at 4pm.

And on sale for xbox on the 28th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

$12.49 on amazon.com at the moment. Works out at just €9.47!
    http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Online-Game-Code/dp/B007WWW2C8/?tag=jungl05-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 1 is FREE on xbox right now. The other 4 episodes are sale on Friday.

Finished it there. Great game. Links below to how all the characters fared, obviously contains spoilers.

Question:
    Is there a way for Lee to not die or turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Orim wrote: »
    No

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Got a 50 euro psn voucher for crimbo and am looking at this. If i purchase the season pass for 19.99 doi still have to buy the individual episodes for 4.99 each.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Got a 50 euro psn voucher for crimbo and am looking at this. If i purchase the season pass for 19.99 doi still have to buy the individual episodes for 4.99 each.

No, there is no game outside the individual episodes, buy the season pass and you get all 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I just played through episodes 4 & 5 in the past two days. It seems my story played out a little differently from what I have read here.
    I chose to hide the bite at the end of episode 4 and then told the group that I would get Clementine back on my own. I didn't think I was actually going to have to go on my own but I did.

At the start of episode 5 I had Lee cut off his arm on his own and when he returned to the mansion everyone was locked in the barn together. As for the final scene I had Clem lock Lee to the radiator but he managed to kick the bat to her so she could kill the Zombie cop. The last choice I made was to tell her to leave Lee locked to the radiator and to not shoot him in order to save the bullet. Lee then made reference to the girl in episode 1 in the hotel who was bitten and wanted the gun. The game finished with Lee getting tired and falling asleep at the radiator.

Did Lee
    actually become a Zombie
    for anyone? Or did
    Clementine actually shoot Lee
    for anyone else?

Also I saved Doug in episode 1 and episode 2 did consequently play out a little different for me so I was really annoyed
    to see that both he and Carly have the same death in episode 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did Lee
    actually become a Zombie
    for anyone? Or did
    Clementine actually shoot Lee
    for anyone else?
    You don't see Lee become a Zombie, but he was bitten so it was definitely going to happen. And I told Clem to shoot me (Lee), and she does it. Reluctantly, and tearfully, but she does it. Tis all quite sad really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I just played through episodes 4 & 5 in the past two days. It seems my story played out a little differently from what I have read here.
    I chose to hide the bite at the end of episode 4 and then told the group that I would get Clementine back on my own. I didn't think I was actually going to have to go on my own but I did.

You're the only one I know who ended up on their own :o , who did you have left that came with you though...surely something must happen to Kenny/Ben/Omid/Krysta ? ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You're the only one I know who ended up on their own :o , who did you have left that came with you though...surely something must happen to Kenny/Ben/Omid/Krysta ? ...

No one came with me at the start of episode 5. In my game Lee went back through the sewers alone. When I returned to the mansion
    Lee found Kenny, Ben and the other two all trapped in shed. It did sound a bit off that the old Doctor could take all four of them by surprise... Anyway they immediately noticed the hand was chopped off so it was at that point that I revealed the bite to them.

Thinking back I had the option to not chop off Lee's arm so it might have been possible for me to keep the bite a secret even further into the game...

Advertisement