Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

What a game I really hope this win`s GOTY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

edit: scratch that, just finished watching the credits. pro tip: watch the credits ;)

Spoilers it man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Spoilers it man!

Sorry, bout that, still think people shouldn't enter a thread without being up to date on the game and not expect spoilers.
    Might want to edit my quote in your post too ;)

Sorry, bout that, still think people shouldn't enter a thread without being up to date on the game and not expect spoilers.
    Might want to edit my quote in your post too ;)

Better to be safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ha! Half price in the steam sale now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was excellent. Very few games actually make me care for a character, but
    that ending with Lee and Clem was horrible. Really made me want to just hug the poor girl.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wanna hug Clem :(
    I told Omid & Christa to take Clem, and look for her; so I hope the silhouettes on the hill are them, I really do. But what a way to end it all, not letting the audience know either way. That's brave to leave things dangling, and to do that to poor Clem
    ; even so I feel drained. A game has never touched me that much in the way this has, Telltale take a bow.

Regarding the climax with the kidnapper...
    'My' Stranger was the owner of the car we robbed back in episode 1. I take it if you chose not to steal from the van, the stranger was somebody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

pixelburp wrote: »
    Regarding the climax with the kidnapper...
    'My' Stranger was the owner of the car we robbed back in episode 1. I take it if you chose not to steal from the van, the stranger was somebody else?
    Nope, I chose not to steal from the car and it was still him.
    I was disappointed in who he was, I was hoping it would be someone better really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The obvious GotY for me. Probably the best exacuted narrative in the entire history of the industry.

Episode five was a little short but the pay-off was all there. The scene where
    Ben died and Kenny can die seemed like one too many deaths for the season and it made saving Ben in episode four seem pointless.

Who actually survived in everyone's games?
    Only Clem, Omid and Christa reached the end credits alive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think i need therapy after this :(

Really amazing game i hope it gets GOTY.

I thought the whole thing with the kidnapper was really well done, loved it but i thought it was a bit short but still no complaints apart from it making me clinically depressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Syferus wrote: »
    The obvious GotY for me. Probably the best exacuted narrative in the entire history of the industry.

Episode five was a little short but the pay-off was all there. The scene where
    Ben died and Kenny can die seemed like one too many deaths for the season and it made saving Ben in episode four seem pointless.

Who actually survived in everyone's games?
    Only Clem, Omid and Christa reached the end credits alive for me.
    Same here, Only Clem, Omid and Christa reached the end credits alive for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

GOTY

The whole season is on offer on Steam for €12.49 for the next 48 hours. It's absolutely silly value for one of the best games of the entire year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They did really well not to make it a happy ending, even though I really wanted a happy ending i think it made the game all that more powerful

Game of the year alright roll on season 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Waiting on an email with some microsoft points so I can download ep.5!

Going to wait until tomorrow evening to get stuck in. These spoilers are killing me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My God....Sitting here with the menu screen on, I don't actually want to turn it off. This is hands down my GOTY and I'm afraid a lot of people wouldn't have given it a chance because it looked cartoony or it was just a point & click game. Emotionally drained, haven't felt about a game like that in years. Take a bow Telltale, unreal.
    When I saw the station wagon, I knew it was the one I robbed. I actually shouted at the stranger to die when I was choking him. Robbing them made me feel responsible for his family dying but he was still a nutjob and had to go.

That last scene with Clem and Lee, well that won't be topped anytime soon.

And as much as I would like it to be, even though I told Omid and Christa to take care of her, I don't think that was them on the hill. Honestly I don't even want to think about. I don't think I will even be able to play through it again knowing how sad the ending is going to be.

I had said Lee will probably die but Clem will find her parents, Telltale couldn't be that cruel to leave her on her own. Well she found her parents alright. I don't think Southpark could even cheer me up right now.

Slow_Clap_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY-s420x315-140048-580.gif

PS. I want this picture on my wall!

IMAG0247.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Finished Ep5 there.
    Actually re-played the final chapter twice more to see how things could pan out differently. Both having her shoot you and you dying and slumping (while Clem cries in the office room) are both devastating. The song made me even more depressed. Then seeing Clem's grief-stricken expression walking through the outdoors made me happy she made it out alive, but horrible, just terrible that she's all alone. This is my fault, there's no-one to protect her.

I really, really would've liked to know she met with Christina/Omid, just any type of light that things might be ok. Or if we could just spend a scene with the other characters to let it go on a little longer. It's hard to interpret the post-credits bit as anything positive...It was a brave choice alright. I was disappointed that it felt so short but wow, it's just the gravity of it all. I thought the stranger was actually quite clever, that it wasn't a stock evil guy, and how he laid out the wrongs you've done.

Oh man. I'm devastated.
    Don't recall ever feeling so strongly towards VG characters like I do with Clem & Lee. Amazing game - Game of the Year, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,594 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I thought the stranger was actually quite clever, that it wasn't a stock evil guy, and how he laid out the wrongs you've done.

+1, I stood by my choices though...it's a dog eat dog world and some people just come off worse than others.

Unreal!

Seriously, this should get GOTY. Such an ending!

Can't spoiler on the phone so won't go into details but this game is worth it's money ten fold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

currently on sale on steam, 12.50euro. great price

• Advertisement

I do wonder though,
    season two is obviously going to continue this story is some manner and you'll likely be either someone trying to help Clementine or playing Clementine herself (which doesn't make much sense given how successful she's been as an NPC) and the likely option does sort of cheapen Lee's death and indeed his arc - she's called Clementine for a reason, she offers Lee actual and spiritual clemency for his crimes. She gave him hope and even gives him mercy at the end if Lee lets her.

I really would have like to see that relationship continue to develop given they were planning to continue the story with Clementine anyways, it would have been different if the intention for season two was to have a new story unrelated to this one. If we end up just starting over with another character developing an attachment to Clem it'll make me wonder what killing Lee actually achieved besides an emotional pop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Syferus wrote: »
    she's called Clementine for a reason, she offers Lee actual and spiritual clemency for his crimes.
    I never knew! Agreed. IGN are saying 'keep your save files' I'd like to start with a new group, and maybe along the way you could meet Clem/Omid/Christina....I guess I just really need closure. We're in the worst place with that cliffhanger, but it did the trick, ravenous for S2 to start.

Any idea if they've made any headway for S2, like would it be at least a year to be released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is it just mine or is the results screen at the end of ep 5 broken :mad:

All i see now is choice # title you and x % of players result 1:1

Anyway this has to take the prize for a game capturing real emotion and engaging a player to the end.

I was going to post about me choices and what if's but this thread has become a cluster fudge of spoiler tags and rightly so , but perhaps it's time to start a thread for those who have finished and can discuss without the tags :confused:

Probably a good idea give some of the recent posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In 20 years of gaming, the first and only game to ever bring a tear to my eye.

Well played TellTale !

Well I'd hope it's sometime next year, unless they're planning on taking an extended break. Tell Tale ended season one of Sam & Max in April 2007 and had season two started by November 2007 so they are fully capable of having season two of The Walking Dead ready to dole out for the summer or early autumn next year. The huge success of this game may ensure they want to strike while they're still basking in the glow of season one. Now they have the tech in place I'm sure they'll be able to streamline the whole development process for the next season.

I have to imagine they'll be aiming to piggy-back on the start of the fourth season of the tv show so it shouldn't be any later than September if I was to guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've never had a game make me get teary.

Well played TellTale. :'( Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Faaaaaack! That was emotional. Hands down GOTY for me, I'm drained after that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Was dreading playing it.

Ending wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but still really sad.

Results screen was broken for me too, so I have no idea what most people choose during that ep.
    I let them cut my arm off, it was a fools hope, thinking Lee might live, but once you get out of the attic and see how pale he is, its really game over, how does it play out if you leave the arm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Well that was brutal.

Was a bit short but I think that worked for this last episode as it never gave you a chance to recover so it all built up to that ending.

I only did one playthrough without seeing the other choices so I really want to go through it again but I don't know if I can take it.

Advertisement