Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby [Super 15] - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I would could Ulster get Anscombe to bring his young fella over with him?

He scored all the points for the Blues (including 2 tries) as they beat the Bulls 23-29 in Pretoria. Not bad for a 20 year old.

(I don't think the Baby Blacks count as the next senior representative team, as they also have the Junior All Blacks so he would be eligible for Ireland at 23)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Flincher wrote: »

He scored all the points for the Blues (including 2 tries) as they beat the Bulls 23-29 in Pretoria. Not bad for a 20 year old.

(I don't think the Baby Blacks count as the next senior representative team, as they also have the Junior All Blacks so he would be eligible for Ireland at 23)

To be fair it'd be hard to attract over a guy touted as a potential successor to Dan Carter. Though with so many talented outhavles at the moment, it seems very likely that a few will come north.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Flincher wrote: »

The young lad's contract expires at the end of the current season apparently

Afoa, Muller, Pieanaar, Payne all contracted for next season leaving space for one more foreign signing so maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What a fantastic finish to Blues-Hurricanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cipriani playing well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Cipriani playing well

Just scored break away try and looked to do his hamstring while running

Stupid dance thou:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

God I love watching rugby in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Good to see the Force winning on the road again - I was going to have a punt on the Rebels but saw a fan message late last night that set me straight. Phew! :D

Very weird - it was the Rebels that won by a point not the Force - when I checked this morning scrum.com had the result reversed. Anyway PP Handicap was -1 so I still would have lost.

Crusaders returned to winning form last night seeing Cheetahs off 28-21 and, more importantly, Dan Carter made his comeback and played for the second 40 minutes! :D

dan_carter_photo_by_nzpa__6176655214.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Aw jeez Colin Slade... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

lologram wrote: »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7627064,00.html

Out until 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I really like watching the Highlanders. They really have been missing Sapoanga though. Losing Slade too is a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

lologram wrote: »

There must be some unwritten rule that Colin Slade and Felix Jones can't be fit at the same time.

He's a quality player, I'd still rate him ahead of Cruden as NZ's second best out half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

matthew8 wrote: »
    What a fantastic finish to Blues-Hurricanes.

Just watched in on PolyRugger, awesome game!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Jesus.. the guy who got handed off is 6'3 and nearly 17 stone..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Munn pushed his head below his hips and he landed on his head...........red card for Munn :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Terrible news for Juan Smith, he's taking the rest of the season to allow his Achillies to heal. He did the injury around this time last year if I remember right so could be out of the game for 2 years when he get's back.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_7649262,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Anyone here fancy the Brumbies for the S15 this year....will be interesting to see how they go on Friday vs Reds now that the big guy is injured

Matt+Toomua+Wallabies+Training+Session+NLAQz1ySLUql.jpg

Also, Castleknock loose-head Ruaidhri Murphy on the bench.

Did I mention their Jersey is the closest in the S15 to Leinster?

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

There are a few jerseys down there close to Leinsters... Force, Blues, even kinda the Tahs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

I still haven't forgiven the tah's for the 2001 'pasting' of "I'll play til' I'm 38" Radge. Maybe what goes around comes around?

Crusaders went down narrowly to Bulls 30 - 32 in Pretoria today. Not a bad result and the good news for Crusaders fans is that Dan Carter has resumed kicking duties - his haul today 3 conversions, 2 penalties and a drop goal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

For those that followed the competition here's some stats on the refs during the S15.

Crusaders saw off Stormers 31 -24 this morning in a hard fought game which saw a new star born for Crusaders - #10 Tom Taylor scored all of their 31 points! It was a dour old encounter with two strong teams slugging it out and far too much aimless kicking - especially from Crusaders. Dan Carter played at 12 and had a poor game by his standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Injuries to the Stormers locks really killed their chances, Deon Fourie playing as a stand in flanker is far from ideal, I thought they did well to hang on for a bonus point. If they can get something in Brisbane next week I fancy them to win in Perth and they'll be back in SA in a really strong position.

Chiefs up to the top of the table now. Cruden looks a completely different player to last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Chiefs up to the top of the table now. Cruden looks a completely different player to last year.

It's the new haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Hagz wrote: »

It's the new haircut.

And the beard.

Hagz wrote: »
    It's the new haircut.

Looks like less of a hobbit alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jesus Owens is always so harsh on away teams.

Advertisement