Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Whats Mooney & Brek on about today...don`t feel like tuning in

nosey guy wrote: »
    I have to say i have read your posts on the previous thread ,never saw you on over the years, why do you keep coming up with the same questions?

The reason for this thread is for people to give their opinions about the show.

You want to be a mod is that it?

Only those who approve LL are permitted to post here...right Teckno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

signostic wrote: »

racism in soccer with Roddy Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gay footballers....... again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Bizarre the amount (majority?) on this thread who obviously hate this show but still tune in, why not listen to something else or do something productive with your time.

We're waiting for someone with cancer to come on air so we can laugh at them (again) right? :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just waiting for Roddy to come out with a clanger any minute now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

nosey guy wrote: »
    I have to say i have read your posts on the previous thread ,never saw you on over the years, why do you keep coming up with the same questions?

The reason for this thread is for people to give their opinions about the show.

You want to be a mod is that it?

Only those who approve LL are permitted to post here...right Teckno?

No of course not but I listen to it because I find the topic interesting if not I switch it off, its really immature to listen to shows you hate just to make inane or offensive remarks why not tune into something you like or try to do something productive with your lives instead of writing childish nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Unless I'm mistaken Techno, you alleged on the previous thread (only yesterday in fact) that a post mocking/laughing at someone with cancer was posted on the LL thread 'last Thursday or Friday'. You also referred to people here as "immature idiots" for doing so.

I asked you to provide proof of that post ever being put on the boards. Seeing as we're on a new LL thread would you kindly point it out to us?

"Childish nonsense" is one thing, making false wide-ranging accusations is another, don't you agree?

In any case I, and I'm sure a few more here, look forward to seeing that offensive post - so - whenever you can dig it out for us. Much obliged if you would. Thanks in advance.

edit, here btw is the transcript of your post, just to remind you, I've highlighted the revelant passage
    post #18129

I agree, a lot of posts on this thread are from immature idiots making fun of people in dire circumstances like some poor unfortunate bloke who's wife was dying of cancer and had a lot of operations who rang in last thurs or friday, having a laugh is cool but ripping the piss out of such people isn't on,most of the rest of the comments are about how crap it is, if you hate the show so much fcuk off and listen to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hmmm, I didn't get to hear today's show (except the first 10 minutes) due to meetings, but there have been 189 comments, which means it was a busy show, did I miss much?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No of course not but I listen to it because I find the topic interesting if not I switch it off, its really immature to listen to shows you hate just to make inane or offensive remarks why not tune into something you like or try to do something productive with your lives instead of writing childish nonsense.

Technocentral, I suggest you read the forum charter. Posts which basically boil down to "if you don't like it, change the station" are considered off-topic and are not allowed. If you continue with them, they will be deleted and you may face a ban. You will get no more warnings on this.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Hmmm, I didn't get to hear today's show (except the first 10 minutes) due to meetings, but there have been 189 comments, which means it was a busy show, did I miss much?

all things beginning with a...adoption, alarms and atm`s

Bard wrote: »
    Technocentral, I suggest you read the forum charter. Posts which basically boil down to "if you don't like it, change the station" are considered off-topic and are not allowed. If you continue with them, they will be deleted and you may face a ban. You will get no more warnings on this.

Excuse me for trying to be a mature adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I cant speak for everyone but liveline is on at a part of the day when I am able to listen to it and give it enough RAM to understand what is being said, so I can comment. No other show interests me as much at this time of the day.

The show used to be different. It used to be a lot better and I still hope that one day it will become as good again. Go listen to when PBH was running things, those were some amazing shows. If at all possible go have a listen of it when Marian Finucane was doing it. Love her or hate her, she did a show that was far removed from the rabble rousing crap we hear day in day out.

I have numerous issues with the show and have been verbal both on here and to RTE themselves. Not just with Joe but with the shows production aswell. No other show seems to suffer from as many bad lines as Liveline does. Surely when the researcher is talking to the caller they can make a decision as to whether the persons line, accent and diction are suitable or not for the air. Unfortunately there seems to be no such call screening.

syklops wrote: »
    I cant speak for everyone but liveline is on at a part of the day when I am able to listen to it and give it enough RAM to understand what is being said, so I can comment. No other show interests me as much at this time of the day.

The show used to be different. It used to be a lot better and I still hope that one day it will become as good again. Go listen to when PBH was running things, those were some amazing shows. If at all possible go have a listen of it when Marian Finucane was doing it. Love her or hate her, she did a show that was far removed from the rabble rousing crap we hear day in day out.

I have numerous issues with the show and have been verbal both on here and to RTE themselves. Not just with Joe but with the shows production aswell. No other show seems to suffer from as many bad lines as Liveline does. Surely when the researcher is talking to the caller they can make a decision as to whether the persons line, accent and diction are suitable or not for the air. Unfortunately there seems to be no such call screening.

I don't have a problem with all posters on here and wasn't criticising people like you, just the ones who find it great fun to slag and put down people with serious problems, I wouldn't consider Live Line to be an excellent programme or Duffy to be a great presenter but sometimes the topics and callers can be interesting and informative (maybe 50% of the time). Honestly though you can't deny people the right to express themselves because of those reasons if so it would be all D4 types on the air! Anyway to finish, I listen in to hear interesting stories/topics not to anonymously belittle people on forums thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Technocentral banned for 2 days for being a smart-ass to a mod, continuing to post off-topic and ignoring the forum charter despite a warning.

[edit]: ban reduced to 1 day after discussing the issue with Technocentral.

Other posters: Please stay on topic or the same may happen to you.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's a disgrace Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

telekon wrote: »
    The results are in from the previous thread.

Congratulations to the following posters, otherwise known as Joe's biggest fans. :D

The Top 10 are:

Total Posts: 18,143

User Name Posts
    JonathanAnon 927
    Wertz 857
    europa11 794
    That_Guy 785
    syklops 780
    my friend 742
    pc7 710
    SEPT 23 1989 672
    sudzs 607
    Big Daddy Cool 593

Joe is proud of you all. Keep the faith. God bless etc etc...

Wow !!!

Look at me not there :)

>> Thank Fuk <<

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Can you self install an alarm? .. i.e DIY it

Yes, but you'll have one hell of a time getting home insurance.

All alarm installers have to be certified and registered now. It only came in a few years ago, so you were probably done before it was introduced. Next time your insurance is being changed or renewed or whatever, you might have to get the alarm system certified before you'll get it. Would be best to get it done anyway so the insurance have no excuse if something does happen.

They are pretty easy to install so everyone thinks they can do it. Hence why you now need to be registered and certified to do it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLXTDq99bd0CJvru3W5yom3j15UYguu-abmotNr-tUFUQTIod_

YOUR BINGO CARD FOR
    THE NEW THREAD ! ! !

Well Done

Fair Play

Are you there Mary ?

John in Cork…

Stay there Mary...

Back after these...

Clontarf / Ballyfermot

Before you phoned me Joe…

As I said to your researcher Joe…

Are you there Joe?

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok Ok...

In this day and age Joe…

I’m a Single Parent Joe…

The Guvurmint Joe…

The Wonderful…

Sonny Knowles

Marian Finnucane

Moore Street

Uncle Gaybo

RTÉ Real Player

Post Office Staff

Prolinged deep sigh followed by...

Sinn Fein

Ryanair

Portugal

AIB

Greyhound

Children’s Allowance,

Pray

Petal

God

Mary

€408,000

Mind Yourself

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5TZcgdGqLaPWsNL_I_QOivQIPOqFtnDgJdMBegp2nF509DURI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Repak should be on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i know the word GOD is there but this phrase has to be on the bingo card:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaw my god, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw my god.

i have also noticed that entitlements is not there either.

i'm ringing joe to complain, this is an outrage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Briliant Lapin! In light of the new bingo card I'm removing my self imposed ban! lol

Can we add "take to the streets"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

"In the current climate"
    "In fairness"
    "I take your point"
    "What's your difference?"
    "Where's your moral compass??"
    "...to the pin of my collar..."

CPL 593H

Lapin wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLXTDq99bd0CJvru3W5yom3j15UYguu-abmotNr-tUFUQTIod_

YOUR BINGO CARD FOR
    THE NEW THREAD ! ! !

Well Done

Fair Play

Are you there Mary ?

John in Cork…

Stay there Mary...

Back after these...

Clontarf / Ballyfermot

Before you phoned me Joe…

As I said to your researcher Joe…

Are you there Joe?

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok Ok...

In this day and age Joe…

I’m a Single Parent Joe…

The Guvurmint Joe…

The Wonderful…

Sonny Knowles

Marian Finnucane

Moore Street

Uncle Gaybo

RTÉ Real Player

Post Office Staff

Prolinged deep sigh followed by...

Sinn Fein

Ryanair

Portugal

AIB

Greyhound

Children’s Allowance,

Pray

Petal

God

Mary

€408,000

Mind Yourself

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5TZcgdGqLaPWsNL_I_QOivQIPOqFtnDgJdMBegp2nF509DURI

Any chance we get a full house today...if not hopefully at least fill the corners...well done Lapin...well done..

Can we have an image of a genuine card? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There is no "Bad line"!

It's an outrage, Joe!

furiousox wrote: »
    "In the current climate"
    "In fairness"
    "I take your point"
    "What's your difference?"
    "Where's your moral compass??"
    "...to the pin of my collar..."

How the hell did I forget them :eek:
    dulpit wrote: »
    Can we have an image of a genuine card? :pac:

1850 715 815 for complaints. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

It should be a double sided card seeing as the callers have as many catchphrases as the Duffer himself! "I'll go to jail...", "I'm entitled...", "I haven't read the article..."
    Oh and a running tally of over-opinionated and under-informed Dubs vs. Corkonians to see which county is officially the most obnoxious :D

DuckStab wrote: »
    It should be a double sided card seeing as the callers have as many catchphrases as the Duffer himself! "I'll go to jail...", "I'm entitled...", "I haven't read the article..."
    Oh and a running tally of over-opinionated and under-informed Dubs vs. Corkonians to see which county is officially the most obnoxious :D

:mad: Clearly Dublin is the worst... Plus there's got to be a far higher number of old Dubs on the radio than esteemed men and women of the Rebel County.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Terrible, Lapin, just terrible :D

Great stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement