Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

its going to hit 18c this weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Even the lobsters that "live forever" won't see FF in government again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

my friend wrote: »

That's all about this country is worth at the moment....18cent.

I wish I was joking.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Perfect rioting weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

My BOI Bank Shares .... SELL SELL SELL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I wish I could say "believe it when I see ir"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe would love to continue the discussion about Mahon on Friday, but he's just found out that it's Clint...Doc...no, sorry..... Brendan O'Carroll's 57th birthday tomorrow, and well....much as he'd love to devote another Lahhhvhlahhn to the failings of Bertie and his corrupt friends....a Funny Friday "surprise!!" takes precedence over any Fianna Fail "hardly surprised!".

Failing that anyone who was found in a shoebox and is now looking for their Bert-mother can ring de reeeserchers instead.

Maybe he'll return to Mahon some other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

You must have missed the recent Presidential election and Dublin West By-election where Fianna Failers came in second.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

The guys from the savage eye are on Matt Cooper slagging Joe's show. Like here on boards they were saying there is about 5 good shows a year and the rest is drivil so he deserves the slagging :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

miketv wrote: »
    The guys from the savage eye are on Matt Cooper slagging Joe's show. Like here on boards they were saying there is about 5 good shows a year and the rest is drivil so he deserves the slagging :D

is there a podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sadly I missed the show today but having read through the thread I see St.Albert Reynolds gets a positive mention - I should like to put the record straight and place him squarely in the FF rogues gallery. Apart from his Dog Food plant at Edgeworthstown being in receipt of cash in exchange for passport scheme - which although technically legal was widely abused. He then put his friend - Noel Hanlon - in charge of the State rescue agency "Foir Teo" which then funded his (Hanlon's) ambulance factory in Longford. Hanlon ultimately relocated his factory to Liverpool (?) after the receipt of God knows how much lolly. Albert's one time election agent, Hanlon prospered on the coat tails of Albert and later climbed to the dizzy heights of Chairman of the VHI and Aer Rianta...more here if you have the stomach for it: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/watch-as-they-all-take-a-tumble-484750.html

Another FF'er who also deserves mention is former TD and Senator John Ellis from Leitrim see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ellis_(Irish_politician)

What a bunch. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Owryan wrote: »
    jaysus, they got the household charge off the air quick enough

Joe's comment that we can't cover it everyday followed up by 'we could not get a single caller in favour of the charge' probably told the truth behind the lack of coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

is there a podcast?

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/#Podcasts

PS, don't hit the "latest show" button or you'll get Wednesdays fascinating "Tales of Joe, the Taxi Driver and the Elephant at Pottlerath Wood" :rolleyes: , instead scroll down a little bit, look for "final report of the Mahon Tribunal,,,,etc." and click on the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

europa11 wrote: »

PS, don't hit the "latest show" button or you'll get Wednesdays fascinating "Tales of Joe, the Taxi Driver and the Elephant at Pottlerath Wood" :rolleyes: , instead scroll down a little bit, look for "final report of the Mahon Tribunal,,,,etc." and click on the link.

I think my friend was asking was there a podcast of the Matt Cooper show, where they were slagging off LL.... I'd be interested to hear that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

europa11 wrote: »

(Posted already on this, but it never appeared.....)

I think my friend was asking was there a podcast of the Matt Cooper show where they were slagging off LL.

Found it, and it wasn't worth the effort!

ETA - there it is! sorry about double post.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ahhhh this liveline break i'm on has certainly recharged the batteries, no mention of locked wards, deaths, misery, adoptions, greyhound, ballyer, or clontaaaarf, yeah life is good, but unfortunately i know its only a matter of time before the lure of the dark side will become to hard to resist ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

ahhhh this liveline break i'm on has certainly recharged the batteries, no mention of locked wards, deaths, misery, adoptions, greyhound, ballyer, or clontaaaarf, yeah life is good, but unfortunately i know its only a matter of time before the lure of the dark side will become to hard to resist ;).

I tried the break thing only lasted 2 weeks. Found I wasnt getting enough misery or stupidity during lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

neris wrote: »
    I tried the break thing only lasted 2 weeks. Found I wasnt getting enough misery or stupidity during lunch

I'm on an enforced break from LL as I'm moving from Australia back to UK. Yay! ...about the move, not the break from LL... I'm really missing this thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Sure he goes to mass, he must be grand! :mad:
    heres a lad that was in Church everyday...

1501_Brendan-Smyth__472946t.jpg

brillant! good point....nearly threw the radio out the window listening to that bertie apologist yesterday, i mean ffs just because he goes to mass every day he should be forgiven:rolleyes: how convenient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »
    I'm on an enforced break from LL as I'm moving from Australia back to UK. Yay! ...about the move, not the break from LL... I'm really missing this thread. :(

I've been missing you too.

Also in favour of hearing the matt cooper podcast.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think my friend was asking was there a podcast of the Matt Cooper show, where they were slagging off LL.... I'd be interested to hear that too!

Go to http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/98/thursday/1/popup

And on the thursday click on the 2nd part and skip ahead to around the 50th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Sorry to say it but they will be back sometime. They will do OK at the Locals and in 10 years they will be back in power in a coalition. Best thing for it would be an FF-FG merge.
    Another FF'er who also deserves mention is former TD and Senator John Ellis from Leitrim see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ellis_(Irish_politician)

What a bunch. :rolleyes:

One of the biggest thieves and scumbags that ever went into Dail Eireann. My mother is from that area and the amount of pain he caused by not paying for cattle in the 80's and 90's is hard to fathom. A very wealthy man today incidentally.
    Infoanon wrote: »
    Joe's comment that we can't cover it everyday followed up by 'we could not get a single caller in favour of the charge' probably told the truth behind the lack of coverage

I rang in about the household charge and was in favour of it in principle but not the half arsed way Hogan is doing it. I spoke to a researcher for 5 minutes stating why and how I believe it should be implemented along with general reform of local government, speaking of how other countries use it and what we can learn from where they do it wrong and the mistakes they make. I had facts and figures and links to reports to back it up. Never heard from them again.

bijapos wrote: »
    . I had facts and figures and links to reports to back it up..

Liveline is not the place for facts and figures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sudzs wrote: »

give Aubrey at AMC Removals a call, tell him Joe sent you

http://amcremovals.ie/index.php

(Aubrey has recently featured on Liveline, plugging his international removal company)

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Theres a big surprise more FF today:eek:

...............and more Greyhound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

[/QUOTE]I rang in about the household charge and was in favour of it in principle but not the half arsed way Hogan is doing it. I spoke to a researcher for 5 minutes stating why and how I believe it should be implemented along with general reform of local government, speaking of how other countries use it and what we can learn from where they do it wrong and the mistakes they make. I had facts and figures and links to reports to back it up. Never heard from them again.[/QUOTE]

ah, your problem there was that you know what your talking about and have an open mind. Not what joe is looking for at all

It would be more fun to listen back to an episode I already heard then listen to more FF defenders. As for greyhound.

This sums up how I feel about both topics :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

They must have missed Joe's bin this week.

Ok who wants to ring up to complain about Bertie using Padraig Pearse name like the mad biddy who complained about JMOB using Michael Collins image. Joe will prob put you straight on air so he can chat about Dublin in the rare old times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Have my cuppa Lyons :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jim ringing up to state the bleedin' obvious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement