Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Margaret toughing it out in Grand Cayman.

"until the economy picks up"....oh how we laughed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Why did she give her child her credit card?? :confused::confused:

Because she's an idiot. You heard the one earlier. "I thought i'd be ok because it's apple". Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

No mention of Eurovision on Mooney

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEbOt56_WN3MDbbtXSmoLBP5kLDU9aniR6G8rw1VSeYh_qhdGVog

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This time next week the Liveline will be flooded with calls from the outraged and disgusted ringing Joe to relay their shock and dismay at the scenes of drunkeness they witnessed as they walked their kids into town to see the Patricks Day Parades around the nation.

Whether they get air time is another thing as we have heard it all before and nothing has changed in the meantime.

But they'll be phoning Joe regardless.

He's laughing (falsely) at the topic now, but this time next week he'll be sick of it.

dvcireland wrote: »
    random caller of the week Award goes to Margaret

The guy who said garlic tastes different depending on the way you cut it was good. And remember, when making garlic soup, don't put in too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Crumlin Garlic shortage crisis

Release The Garlic One campaign seems to be the clarion call from Joe for the next few weeks.

Beats adoption I guess......for now.

Lapin wrote: »
    This time next week the Liveline will be flooded with calls from the outraged and disgusted ringing Joe to relay their shock and dismay at the scenes of drunkeness they witnessed as they walked their kids into town to see the Patricks Day Parades around the nation.

Whether they get air time is another thing as we have heard it all before and nothing has changed in the meantime.

But they'll be phoning Joe regardless.

He's laughing (falsely) at the topic now, but this time next week he'll be sick of it.

Followed by students getting locked during rag week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Let's scrap Radio licensing Joe

Who needs rules regulations laws etc?

dvcireland wrote: »
    No mention of Eurovision on Mooney

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEbOt56_WN3MDbbtXSmoLBP5kLDU9aniR6G8rw1VSeYh_qhdGVog

I bet you this.....
    10euror.jpg
    ......it gets a mention before the Nuacht at 15.30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder was this case held up a few weeks so that it would not coincide with the Chinese second in command visiting here...??

Yeah Joe, lets sell our souls to China. as if we're not buying enough from people virtually enslaved by that countrys' Communist Party.....would Connolly be proud?

And then he wonders why we have an unemployment crisis here.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"A thousand euro a day, image only getting that" thinks Joe to himself....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

nobody issued their symapthies to the family of a man who was killed by the druggie woman but extends their symathies to a tax dodger and his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lucylu wrote: »
    nobody issued their symapthies to the family of a man who was killed by the druggie woman but extends their symathies to a tax dodger and his family

What about sympathies for the poor Chinese garlic growers, a great bunch of lads... pictured here after they received the last order from Paul Begley..

exotimex-2.jpg

Needless to say they have no received any further purchase orders and their smiles have subsided.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Sidetracker

Pat, who is a friend of Paul Begley and vigorously defended him on liveline, is a fruit & veg wholesaler. It is reasonable to assume that he is also a customer of Paul's. If he is buying this Chinese garlic from Paul Begley does that make him an assessor y ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Whatever about Paul Begley's 'crime' - the punishment is hideously out of sync on a day when a woman who murders her neighbour by deliberately running him down receives the same length of sentence. What's the point of jailing him at a cost to the taxpayer when a heavy fine would be more worthwhile from the State's point of view? The prisons are already overcrowded and there's plenty of dangerous scumbags that should be in the cells not bloody greengrocers! :mad:

Yes, but realistically how long will Pat Begley serve?

He'll be out in a few months.

As for Claire Nolan, just wondering out loud, had a drink and drug crazed scumbag of the opposite sex killed a grandmother in similar circumstances, would he be facing six years (and out in three)? I doubt it. Probably have gotten 15 at least.

Duffy should have concentrated on the killing of that pensioner rather than playing "peoples champion" with a man who, like it or not, was convicted on 5 seperate counts of tax evasion/VAT fraud. Hardly a hero - whether he's locked up or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

What about sympathies for the poor Chinese garlic growers, a great bunch of lads... pictured here after they received the last order from Paul Begley..

exotimex-2.jpg

Needless to say they have no received any further purchase orders and their smiles have subsided.. :(
    Chinese Garlic Sales manager has just got the bad news

angry-adult.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Sidetracker

Whatever about Paul Begley's 'crime' - the punishment is hideously out of sync The prisons are already overcrowded and there's plenty of dangerous scumbags that should be in the cells not bloody greengrocers! :mad:

Not even criminal greengrocers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

If Mr Begley was as some have suggested paying back the money @ €1000 a day why has it taken so long and why is it still not repayed. The offence was commited in 2007. So that's 365 days multiplied by 1000 multiplied by 5 Now I am no Stephen Hawkins but that comes to roughly 1.8m He is obviously as good at math as he was at importing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

cock robin wrote: »
    If Mr Begley was as some have suggested paying back the money @ €1000 a day why has it taken so long and why is it still not repayed. The offence was commited in 2007. So that's 365 days multiplied by 1000 multiplied by 5 Now I am no Stephen Hawkins but that comes to roughly 1.8m He is obviously as good at math as he was at importing.

Interest perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

syklops wrote: »
    Interest perhaps?

The penalties and interest are very heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

cock robin wrote: »

He has only been repaying the debt for the last two years
    His company employs 150 people and the married father-of-three made full admissions to the scam, making monthly repayments of €33,000 over the past two years to the Revenue.

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/shock-over-sixyear-jail-term-for-garlic-scam-businessman-3046045.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Did anyone bring up the lunacy of transporting garlic the whole way from China when it can grow perfectly well in Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Six years seems to be stuck as the sentence for everything with our great legal establishment - father jailed yesterday for six years for continually raping his daughter. Garlic smuggling/mowing down people in your car/child rape = six years. :rolleyes:

More garlic today and a bleeding heart pleading the case of some poor Nigerian fraudster serving a year inside for scamming the dept of social welfare.

And Bart the Polish Barman.

In the meantime, make a few bob for yourself by having a little each way bet on Prospect Wells in the first race of the festival !

Did anyone bring up the lunacy of transporting garlic the whole way from China when it can grow perfectly well in Europe?

Some tried....bad lines! shout them down!!

i.e., Joe doesn't want to know about such realities, his personal agenda takes priority...as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Missed the show, damn! Love giving out about the state of the awful Chinese garlic you get in Ireland! They have it here in Aus too but at least they also have fab puprle Argentinian stuff too. 3 times the price but worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Lapin wrote: »
    In the meantime, make a few bob for yourself by having a little each way bet on Prospect Wells in the first race of the festival !

Done!! Can't believe it's Cheltenham again and I didn't even realise..... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement