Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Yet again you can only imagine what a presenter with a reasoned mind would do with a topic like this.

Gay Byrne should be ashamed of himself that he released this monster on the innocent Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bloody hell, surch a shower of miserable bastards. Yes Australia is a bit of a distance away but it's not like it's the 1980s when my parents moved over and all they had were letters to send home and keep in touch.

'Down there alone' is one of those phrases that annoys me, it's full of bloody Irish, half of whom are probably friends of friends. People should be looking at it as an opportunity for their loved ones to make something for themselves and stop being so bloody selfish and only caring about their feelings.

Filming the plane talking off with an iPhone? Gimme a break. And yes I probably sound like a heartless fecker but the topic is annoying me massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

On a totally unrelated note to the past few shows, I've always wondered what musical instruments are used to make the Liveline theme music? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

The theme to Lahvelahhn is a version of the traditional jig, 'Over The Moores to Maggie' played the by eighties trad fusion supergroup, Stockton's Wing. Complete with funky bass guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

432293_284374334967626_227945653943828_717606_1880686718_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That Saoirview ad really is retarded.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, surch a shower of miserable bastards. Yes Australia is a bit of a distance away but it's not like it's the 1980s when my parents moved over and all they had were letters to send home and keep in touch.

'Down there alone' is one of those phrases that annoys me, it's full of bloody Irish, half of whom are probably friends of friends. People should be looking at it as an opportunity for their loved ones to make something for themselves and stop being so bloody selfish and only caring about their feelings.

Filming the plane talking off with an iPhone? Gimme a break. And yes I probably sound like a heartless fecker but the topic is annoying me massively.

Well it is an emotional thing. I've shed the odd tear both landing at Dublin and taking off from it, and I only live 3 hours away via Ryanair.

But its the way that Joe milks it that annoys me. He is in a position to help people, or to even make people feel a bit better. He could even do a feel good type of show where he organises people in australia to talk to family or friends in Ireland, with RTE footing the bill for the phone calls but he doesnt. Instead he just upsets people, they ring in, tell their tale of woe, which upsets more people. Its like a self-replicating virus.

And trying to compare people who moved to Australia in the 50s and to people moving now is really disingenuous. Even comparing people who went in the 80's is not the same. You can read the irish papers online, listen to irish radio online, watch RTE television online, talk to friends on skype, update people with what your doing on Facebook. As I understand it, you can get Tayto crisps and Denny rashers in Australia so apart from the lack of rain, how would you even know you were in another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭kitsy13

adoption.....again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Aw nooo, this better not be going down the adoption route AGAIN. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

AAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, adoption !

Everyday is groundhog day.

• Advertisement

Funny friday all is forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo................

not adoption again, what have we done to deserve this????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo................

not adoption again, what have we done to deserve this????

Joe seen the first tag and is getting great craic bringing this up again !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Acksherly, yer wan sounds quite chirpy and is recounting her finding in the phone ky-osk like an amusing anecdote.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is Joe adopted? What is the angle on all these shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

F*ck this sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ITS NOT CALLED THE JOE DUFFY SHOW!! :mad::mad::mad:

Joe doesn't pull people up on it any more either like he did before... the ol' ego wont let him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

it was in the newspapers - "phone box gives birth to human baby"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sister:"Why dont you ring Joe Duffy"
    Caller: "He's probably busy discussing more important things like model train sets"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe: its unusual because................... I've done adoption to DEATH,

To DEATH Joe if you are reading this. :mad:

• Advertisement

If I were to ring up and say I was the truck driver who found her, how would they check I am who I say I am?

Heck, if I was to ring up and say I was the mother(i just have a deep voice) who abandoned her and I want to apologise, how would they verify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe was found floating down the Liffey in a moses basket

Joe was found floating down the Liffey in a moses basket

The liffey parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

*bangs head against table*

Next up, shocking story altogether, someone who's adopted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So what time does Movies and Booze get going at ?

Jesus, he's really dragging this out, what weight were you, what are you going today, you could have been born on international womens day blah blah

Researcher:"Joe we have a problem"
    Joe:"What, have you not found the mother or the truck driver"
    Researcher:"Kind of the opposite. We have 6 different men on claiming to be the truck driver, and 4 different women claiming to be the mother"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm so glad to know what she's doing for her birthday :)

When do you think irish people will realise that they only need to say goodbye once when they are hanging up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

"Well done"
    Well done for being adopted?

• Advertisement

This is the boy who kept his money for himself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement