Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Teddy, give your network provider a ring. They will block all incoming attempts from the number. It's free and simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Hey

Fortunately for me there's been no contact since...Unfortunately it makes the story kind of boring. I did nearly have a panic attack though at about 1am when I got a text but fortunately it was just from one of the lads drunk on a rant.

Awww, this was just getting interesting, had the potential to be like the thread where a flatmate was trying to kill a fellow boardsie!

Glad your all right, for alrights sake, just disappointed for the sake of entertainment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Awww, this was just getting interesting, had the potential to be like the thread where a flatmate was trying to kill a fellow boardsie!

Glad your all right, for alrights sake, just disappointed for the sake of entertainment ;)
    She sent me texts last night asking what was wrong with her and other strange things. I just didn't reply. It's really annoying me at this stage. I'm still getting these texts and phone calls that I never answer.
    How can someone be so mental. Does she actually expect me to answer now and meet up with her again, WTF! :rolleyes:

It's beginning to feel like a movie, I can't believe there are actual real stalkers out there who follow you to night clubs on their own!

She sent me texts last night asking what was wrong with her and other strange things. I just didn't reply. It's really annoying me at this stage. I'm still getting these texts and phone calls that I never answer.
    How can someone be so mental. Does she actually expect me to answer now and meet up with her again, WTF! :rolleyes:

It's beginning to feel like a movie, I can't believe there are actual real stalkers out there who follow you to night clubs on their own!

STILL??????? Holy sh1t she's as a thick as two very short planks! I mean seriously...

Mind you, may you really are all that with a cherry on top ;););)

STILL??????? Holy sh1t she's as a thick as two very short planks! I mean seriously...

Mind you, may you really are all that with a cherry on top ;););)
    I wish! No, I'm just a regular bloke.

I'm just going to hope it ends soon. I don't want to change my number, I've always had the same one.
    If I even answer one call and explain everything again I will just be encouraging her now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Its a tricky one. Stalking is a bit like being addicted to a person. How do you kick an addiction? (same methods should apply.. Devise a plan to help beat it, i'm sure there's info / steps online)

I wish! No, I'm just a regular bloke.

I'm just going to hope it ends soon. I don't want to change my number, I've always had the same one.
    If I even answer one call and explain everything again I will just be encouraging her now I think.

Do not answer her, unless you get a female friend to answer/call her and ask why she keeps calling her husband. Or take it to take it to the local cop shop and ask them to call her!

From the sounds of it though, you may need to take some action, she's being very persistent and she ain't going anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Do not answer her, unless you get a female friend to answer/call her and ask why she keeps calling her husband. Or take it to take it to the local cop shop and ask them to call her!

From the sounds of it though, you may need to take some action, she's being very persistent and she ain't going anywhere!

"You did NOT just call mah man hunny! You lookin' for a new set of sunglasses? Cuz you gonna' get 'em if you don't back up and check yo'self before ah wreck yo ass!"

I actually think she might use this site because the last time when I was describing it in detail it seemed to stop. But I've never got any PMs or anything so I'm probably being paranoid now. Imagine though she knew my username with me being oblivious to it all.
    I've posted my photo on here a few times and taken it away quite quickly so it actually could be a possibility....that's actually weirding me out a bit now. creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Just tell her to fuck off at this stage, this has been going on far too long now

• Advertisement

eth0 wrote: »
    Just tell her to fuck off at this stage, this has been going on far too long now
    I basically have already done that ages ago. I don't want to respond again.
    Is there a way to block incoming texts and phone calls from even reaching the phone. I often am out with people and my phone starts ringing and ringing with calls from this nutter and people ask me why I'm not answering and I don't want to tell them.

Is there a way to block incoming texts and phone calls from even reaching the phone. I often am out with people and my phone starts ringing and ringing with calls from this nutter and people ask me why I'm not answering and I don't want to tell them.

Did you use the exact words "fuck off"? if you are too nice they let on to themselves that there is a glimmer of hope and you wouldn't want them to be getting the wrong message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

There is a silent function on most phones. You can respond to any non-stalker calls you have missed in due course.

This does mean your phone bill will go up though.

eth0 wrote: »
    Did you use the exact words "fuck off"? if you are too nice they let on to themselves that there is a glimmer of hope and you wouldn't want them to be getting the wrong message
    No, I was always polite. I don't want to tell them to **** off either though because then I'll end up saying sorry about how rude I was ect some time I'm locked and they'll get the wrong idea again.
    I don't know, this time last year everything was perfect.

dirtyden wrote: »
    There is a silent function on most phones. You can respond to any non-stalker calls you have missed in due course.

This does mean your phone bill will go up though.
    I always have my phone on silent anyway but if I could stop the calls getting through it would be like they weren't calling me.
    Do networks offer that service? Surely they must!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

eh just bloc their number :confused:

IM0 wrote: »
    eh just bloc their number :confused:
    how?
    Can I block them so I won't even know if they've tried to contact me by call or text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

New simcard, give her the new number and say its your new number..... Chat with her through that for a few days, then put that phone on silent and into a drawer, charging it every few days.

If it works, she'll be texting/calling the new phone leaving your current phone alone......

Could always try it, get a free o2 sim card (If they still do that offer) and spare phone, use web texts to text her then so it'll cost you nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

If you actually want to block a number from being able to ring you or text you full stop you can get this done by your network, but they will only do it at the request of the Gardai. So you will have to make a formal complaint. Usually when this happens, the Gardai ring the offending number, make a fuss, and the 'stalker' stops.

If they don't, they can request the number be blocked. However, nothing stopping the offending person getting a new number to ring you from.

If you're only link to this person is your mobile number I'd just ****ing change it and be rid of it.

Some new phones I beleive have a local function that you can divert all calls from a specifc number to voice mail and text messages to delete but i don't know how to do that.

No, I was always polite. I don't want to tell them to **** off either though because then I'll end up saying sorry about how rude I was ect some time I'm locked and they'll get the wrong idea again.
    I don't know, this time last year everything was perfect.

New sim card would be the only fool proof method id say. Pain in the arse to change number but this seems to have been tormenting you for far too long now

• Advertisement

If you actually want to block a number from being able to ring you or text you full stop you can get this done by your network, but they will only do it at the request of the Gardai. So you will have to make a formal complaint. Usually when this happens, the Gardai ring the offending number, make a fuss, and the 'stalker' stops.

If they don't, they can request the number be blocked. However, nothing stopping the offending person getting a new number to ring you from.

If you're only link to this person is your mobile number I'd just ****ing change it and be rid of it.

Some new phones I beleive have a local function that you can divert all calls from a specifc number to voice mail and text messages to delete but i don't know how to do that.
    That's annoying. You'd think if I rang my network they'd block the number at my request. I don't really want to get the gardai involved.

how?
    Can I block them so I won't even know if they've tried to contact me by call or text?

yes. just find the option in your phone [mine has it but its a 'real' phone :p]
    it will be like they cant ring you. you wont have any notification or knowledge of them trying to ring or get their texts because...you know...its blocked!

very true :( you'll have to kill them so teddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laalaaa

tedm.jpg

Laalaaa wrote: »
    tedm.jpg
    Lol, I'm being completely honest about this though by the way, I'm not joking. As I said, if I could go back in time to about a year ago. Life was pretty much perfect. Actually that's depressing to think about.

Maybe this person reminds you of the better times and you still have a slight bit of a soft spot for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 skin the goat

Total fustrating, I had a Stalker for years and had to change my number, tried asking my network for help but they said it had to go through the Gardai, mine was a unknown person to me and the help you get is very limited, it is very scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

There is an application you can get called Call Control. I only have a basic thing because I didn't pay. It was free and it does the job.

Once on phone, enter the application. Go to blacklist and enter phone number into your blacklist. Your blacklist are the numbers you don't want to hear from. Then go into the settings of the application and you have some options as to what to do with your blacklist.

1) send number straight to voice mail
    2) pick up and hang up number
    or 3) mute number.

1) the call will still come through but it will go straight to voicemail. You will receive a missed call sign but don't worry it went straight to voicemail.

2) pick up and hang up number
    When a call comes from the number it will ring for 1 sec and the phone/app will pick up the call and hang up straight away. Pick up and hang up
    Missed call icon will appear also

3) mute
    You can have your phone on loud but when/if the number calls it will be muted.

Works also for unknown calls.

Don't know if it works for incoming messages. Calls anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

My own Mother was stalked by a guy while both of them were working in Sandyford when I was only 5 years old. Whilst getting the bus home; after that he would follow us all the way down to the house as we tried not to notice him. We didn't have any mobile phones at the time as it was in the mid 90's. We still see him still lurking around on the streets very rarely now; it is only a couple of times per year.

He went to my house unannounced a few times just to stay around a have a cup of tea or whatever. The only way of throwing him out if there was arguments was through my younger uncle. I am in my early 20's now and we both in our minds still hate him for it. Everytime that he sees my mother and I; the only decent he thing he does is to F*** off somewhere else and to leave us alone.

I've had a similar problem as I was stalked by a guy possibly in his 50's in ginger hair who I had seen on a local bus route for which I was only going for 3 stops. He got off at the next stop after being forced off by two Guards while two other girls were with him drinking alcohol and attacking two women on that same bus. I'd seen him again a few years ago as he was only stalking right only metres behind me while walking into a Tesco store. I have not seen that same guy in years as he is a sick wierdo and probably dead.

There are just some scumbags out there that won't leave you alone. I am glad to have some of that life disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

So he used the same bus as you once, and didnt get off at your stop, and then he was shopping in the same shop as you at some point, possibly years later?

Advertisement