Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT community exhibitionism

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭James W

There is a time and a place for everything - I see too many gay couples choosing the wrong time and place for overly sexual displays of affection. I presume this is not a view shared here?
    I think you see what you want to see! Why don't you decide on the time and place for your activities in this regard and let others do the same - how does that sound?

As it happens, I don't see any such things and I don't live in the North Pole!

10 people replied to you - 9 people disagreed with you so yes your presumption would seem to be correct
    Well, it's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing - it's just utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Regular occurance - don't see the need to offer graphic descriptions - emmm unless thats what you want?????????

I'm sure that would make sense were it actually asked for...

Here's an example of an adequate reply;

The last night I went out I saw multiple straight couples showing affection to each other to a degree it made those around them feel uncomfortable, whereas in recent memory (perhaps over a period of months), I can only identify one same sex example. I feel this says a lot for the straight community and their exhibitionist values.

It's true and all (bar the last bit, not a fan of generalisations)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

That's not what you said in the opening post. You're now posting contradictory thoughts.
    I realise that my observations are not to your liking but your post is just clutching at straws now - how about engaging in the debate rather than risking the mods infracting you? The mods are quite active on this forum it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I realise that my observations are not to your liking but your post is just clutching at straws now - how about engaging in the debate rather than risking the mods infracting you? The mods are quite active on this forum it seems

That was engaging in the "debate". :rolleyes:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

"Observations" - you mean selective generalisations to support some underlying bias.

That was engaging in the "debate". :rolleyes:

Now I'm engaging in the debate about engaging in the debate, you mods are seeming very lenient here actually, especially with off-topic bickering...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Firstly, Mango is an LGBT mod and I think he has been quite accomadating, for now! Secondly, Exhibitionism has taken on a more lude form in recent years. For example, sex in public, literally.

Debate the issue I don't mind. I've seen more than my fair share of kissing and a bit of petting going on in public and have become somewhat desensitised to it. If that shocks you, then I wouldn't go anywhere near the dogging scene. You'd get the shock of your life.

I'm sure that would make sense were it actually asked for...

Here's an example of an adequate reply;

The last night I went out I saw multiple straight couples showing affection to each other to a degree it made those around them feel uncomfortable, whereas in recent memory (perhaps over a period of months), I can only identify one same sex example. I feel this says a lot for the straight community and their exhibitionist values.

It's true and all (bar the last bit, not a fan of generalisations)...
    and yet I can recall multiple instances of gay couples engaged in such behaviour - to the point that I pose a question on this forum - I should have known better than expecting fair debate!

and yet I can recall multiple instances of gay couples engaged in such behaviour - to the point that I pose a question on this forum - I should have known better than expecting fair debate!
    Sometime we pay the most attention to what it is we really desire. Everytime I see a 5 series BMW I notice it because I'd really, really like one, whereas I don't really notice other cars at all! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Firstly, Mango is an LGBT mod and I think he has been quite accomadating, for now! Secondly, Exhibitionism has taken on a more lude form in recent years. For example, sex in public, literally.

Debate the issue I don't mind. I've seen more than my fair share of kissing and a bit of petting going on in public and have become somewhat desensitised to it. If that shocks you, then I wouldn't go anywhere near the dogging scene. You'd get the shock of your life.
    I don't engage in dogging and dont know anything about it - you seem quite knowledgeable on the topic though - thanks for the advice

James W wrote: »
    Sometime we pay most attention to what it is we want most. Everytime I see a 5 series BMW I notice it because I'd really, really like one whereas I don't really notice other cars at all! :rolleyes:
    yeah I used to be the same until the wife actually got one. Now a 5 series is just soo last year!

And how is my point in anyway unfair? Because it disagrees with yours? And points out the flaw in generalising a large group of people on the basis of one persons unverifiable experiences over a small geographical area in an even smaller time frame? And of course because you don't have anything to say against it that couldn't be prefixed with "yeah, well!"? You poor pet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Thats exactly it - why do people do such things in public except to get a reaction. I include straight couples in this but I dont see much of it versus gay couples leading to the question - why? exhibitionism is my answer - whats yours?

I'm not a mind reader and don't know why a certain couple at any given time engage in this. However, you cannot assume that they are doing it just for attention;

Maybe the couple at question are just so into each other they don't notice/care what other people think about them kissing/feeling each other up?

Maybe they were drunk (was your recent observation in a pub/club?)

Maybe neither party have a place of their own where they can have the privacy to be affectionate towards each other

I'm not excusing sexual acts in public by the way (Although from your description, it seems to just be public displays of attention rather than sex in public that your talking about).

I just don't see the point in making gross generalisations and assumptions. But that's just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Fancer- take a 7 day ban for trolling, breach of the peace and insulting other members. Think long and hard before posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dark Chocolate

Given that the assertions re gay couples and exhibitionism, ie one couple, have been spectacularly contradicted and outnumbered, maybe an explanation of the use of Murphy's Law actually refers to himself on this thread... Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Touché!

yeah I used to be the same until the wife actually got one. Now a 5 series is just soo last year!
    Well, I guess she has to get her satisfaction from somewhere - I mean it can't be much fun having a husband who is obsessed with the sexual activities of LGBT people! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

How are you not getting a fair debate? You seem to be the only one on here who is claiming that there are more incidents of gay couples engaged in such behaviour. Just because people disagree with you, doesn't mean it's not a fair debate.

I personally have seen more incidents of straight couples engaged in sexual acts in public. Does that mean I go around saying that straight couples do this for attention/exhibitionism? No. And even based on my experiences, I actually don't feel that straight couples are more likely to engage in these acts in public; Rather just that there are more straight couples than gay, so I'm more likely to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Sex in public? maybe I'm going to the wrong places but cant say its an issue as far as I've noticed,

Public Displays Of Affection or 'PDA's' I'm all for it in fact more of it, more kissing, hand holding, random flower exchanges (what ever happened to that guy?), more sonnet composing, or how about Enda pleading his affection for the public publicly, what the world needs now......

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

in my opinion is deliberate seeking a reaction
    Do you report the heterosexual people shagging at the side of the dance floor in a heterosexual club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ok, I'm locking this thread since the OP has been banned for a week and it really wasn't going anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement