Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Coil 510

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I like them too. Dripping is normally a pain in the ass butthese hold so much that it's not really much of a issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my boge cartos are tasting a bit funny after i've been dripping all day long :/

also i got a ceramic drip tip with my order which is lovely and all.. but doesn't fit anything
    it's just barely too wide for standard cartos.. I can kinda get it in lopsided, but no way it'll fit in properly on any of my boges or atomisers

im really noticing that metallic filler taste you're always talking about with cartos now
    it's kinda ruining my vaping

i like the dual coil as an option, but there's no way im gona use this as my main vape. it performs well but there's just.. something missing. the draw is a little harder than a boge, which I don't like. the flavour is pretty stellar most of the time and the vapour is also decent

it leaks unbelievably bad though

maybe ill get used to it, but for now.. im hoping I get used to the ****ty carto taste pretty soon or i'll be left with nothing to use as my all day vape

Mine doesn't leak much at all but you'd need something else for all day vaping alright.

You'd better hope that you get over the taste thing cos that's what's costing me a fortune. Always looking for an alternative to cartos - I just can't use them.

You should try a C kit. The vapour and taste is far superior to anything else that I've tried.

ego c isn't really suited for high volt vaping :(

also just tried my peanut butter dekang on the dual coil, jesus christ

it seems to work great for some flavours and not so great for others. with my almond juice.. I either get a decent hint of almond or nothing at all but this peanut juice.. its like im inhaling through a bag of dry roasted

• Advertisement

well i was getting some burnt flavour as well as the strong flavour so I assumed one of the coils was having a bit of trouble

blew the atty out, dry burned it a bit and filled it up with a new juice. vaping like new and no leaks

well i was getting some burnt flavour as well as the strong flavour so I assumed one of the coils was having a bit of trouble

blew the atty out, dry burned it a bit and filled it up with a new juice. vaping like new and no leaks

I'm afraid to dry burn because I'm always afraid that I'll ruin the wick and never get rid of the taste? I never had the leak problem with mine.

well i was reading the thread on ECF and a few people were saying to dry burn so I did it.. *shrug*

blowing it out seems to be the more important step, that's definitely improved the draw and flavour.

I guess vaping at high volts had left some gunk at the bottom of mine, which was affecting the juice soakage.. now that i've blown it out that gunk has buggered off and just dropped 10, vaped a few puffs, dropped in another six.. only one drop leaked out. so maybe ill just rotate the two I have and blow out every day or second day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Posted this in the bargain alerts thread, but it's probably more relevant here.

I bought this 5 pack of DCCs from EZ Smoke - they charge 7 quid for 5 of them, which is a decent price. Next day delivery too, so no issues with the service.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/dual-coil-cartomizer-pack-p-91.html

I'm still on my first one, so maybe it's a bad example, but so far - I'm not happy with it at all.

It suffers from the same problems as the clear DCCs that TBS sell. It's very flimsy around the part that screws into the battery - mine managed to come loose very quickly.

It's very messy to fill - lots of leaking even with a very small amount of liquid. It's too big to fill using socks from other DCCs (it didn't come with its own ones).

It's quite thick, so a normal cone won't go over it (making it even more likely to separate as there's no protection around the bottom).

The bore is slightly too narrow for normal drip tips, so you have to get a different one.

It's actually OK when it comes to the vapour production, but unless this is just a bad 'un out of the 5 I got, then I'll definitely be going back to the normal stainless DCCs.

when you're going back to normal dcc's (and you will) check out the boge 2ohm's TBS has atm. 1.60 for 1, not as warm a vape as a dcc but lovely flavour.

• Advertisement

that's them.
    I use boge 3ohm's on my lavatube, so trying the 2ohm's when i broke my lavatube was pretty cool. its probably down to personal preference between these and dual coils. these are less... harsh if I remember my time with dual coils right. decent vapour though but it's flavour where they shine above Dcc's

Just need to check what type of battery I have - it says it only works with standard certain

umm, any ego battery should do it. not the 510 skinny batteries but if you were using the clear dcc's the same battery should do it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's funny it says not to use 3.7v 420mah or higher, and I think many of the eGo clones run at 3.7v. I'm sure they'd be fine though.

actually it says to only use them with 3.7v batteries of 420mha or higher :)

Ah, so it does, that makes a lot more sense :)

when you're going back to normal dcc's (and you will) check out the boge 2ohm's TBS has atm. 1.60 for 1, not as warm a vape as a dcc but lovely flavour.

Thanks - I got a few of these, and they're not bad. My main complaint though is that the capacity seems quite small, so I keep overfilling it. It also seems very noisy, but I found my atomiser cone, which has muted it a little.

They're not a bad backup though - I think I'll keep using them, but get a big order of regular DCCs from the health cabin, unless TBS get them in stock soon.

aye the problem with starting with the dual coils is that every other carto seems kinda tiny in comparison even though the dual coils are kind of exceptional in terms of size/juice holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Half given up on DCCs until I get a Lavatube (ugh). Got the Boge 2 ohm and the pull, flavour and hit are all perfect, whereas I had to pull very slowly on DCCs for ages for the same effect.
    Is it because of the Ego battery being at the lower limit for DCCs or what though, because others seem to use them without bother?

Thanks for the 10,000 Boge recommendations, Digby!

• Advertisement

you cant use dual coils on the lavatube
    well you can but you'll have to get the higher ohm versions. i think vapourstore are the only irish crowd with them, everyone else has the 1.5ohm versions which are better for ego batteries.

duno why you're suddenly having trouble with dcc's it's a bit strange.. did you have this issue with a good few in a row? i suppose it's possible you/wherever you bought them from got the wrong ohm dcc's by mistake which is why you're having trouble with them on an ego battery

andyeah, boges are pretty awesome :)
    check out the chibi or mini-sub tanks, cheap enough and handier than topping up a carto every couple of hours

I opened a new one of these last night, and when I took a look inside there seems to some solid-ish white stuff sitting inside, is this just the primer or could it be something wrong with it?

edit: by "one of these" I mean one of the DC dripping atties, not a carto :)

does it come out easily or is it attached to something?
    that sounds odd

I didn't really poke at it or try anything really, I was in a bit of a rush so just left it aside. It occurred to me this morning that it might be solidified primer or something, so thought it might sound familiar to someone here. I'll have a proper look at it later tonight, and maybe get some photos up. It's probably harmless but I don't want to be inhaling random white stuff either.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

If the DCC's a Smoktech that would explain a lot.
    When they work properly, they're great - half the of the Smok DCC's I ever bought were crap from the outset.

They don't seem to have any quality control at all.

stevenmu,

All you ever get as primer is PG - nothing to worry about.

the primer is pg? then why does it taste so foul

Had a proper poke at it this evening, it seems to be a solid white plasticy stuff. It's similar to the consistency of a polo mint, solid but can chip away, and has a glossy finish. The glossy finish makes it look a little waxy, that's why I thought it might be primer that would melt onto the coil when you fire it. I'll send an email to the vendor and see what they think.

yeah that is strange
    it definitely wasn't there when you first looked at it?

It was the first time I looked at it that I noticed it, I took it out of the packet, blew into the top to blow out any primer (and some drops did come out), then I took off the drip tip to start dripping into it and spotted it. I'd ordered 3 of them to try at different resistances and I've double checked the other 2 and no sign of it.

edit: though I notice they have ceramic bowls underneath, I wonder if the odd stuff is just poorly formed ceramic, if they're machine assembled I guess it could go through unnoticed.

• Advertisement

mebbe
    hopefully you get a replacement or something anyway

Advertisement