Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Coil 510

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ordered a dual coil 510 2.1 ohms this morning just to see how it goes. Shipping costs from the UK is a real pain though. Wish some of the Irish supliers would get in some of the stuff thats available in the UK but I suppose the market is small so it wouldn't really pay them until they're proven. Even the eGo-C is only available from Ovale Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they're a bit.. small aren't they

:D

Yeah, they probably are but I find the 306 LR a bit harsh and too hot for flavour testing. I prefer fruity flavours and the flavour gets lost sometimes with the 306 LR.

The normal 510 would have done I suppose but I just thought I'd give the dual coil one a go.

mm, yeah. but dual coils get pretty hot too dont they? it's kind of one of their selling points

let us know how you get on with it anyway. I do need a decent dripping atty. i want to vape for a few days without the filler in a carto just to remind myself what its like, and I can't really mix any juices atm cos i've no way to test the flavour without filling up a whole carto

Yeah, they do get hot. I stayed on the lower side of the SR range. Hoping that it won't be too hot. Probably should have bought a couple more in a different resistance range and found which one suited me better. Like yourself, I'm just trying to get something suitable for a bit if dripping. The 306 LR I got is a 1.5 ohm and it spits into my mouth even with the long drip tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

The 306 LR I got is a 1.5 ohm and it spits into my mouth even with the long drip tip.

Cannon drip tips solve that issue i believe.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/306_Drip_Tips/cat705284_871233.aspx

The Bauway 306 are supposed to be very good.
    Ya can buy bridgeless that is without the mesh or ya can just debridge the ones with mesh.

derra wrote: »
    Cannon drip tips solve that issue i believe.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/306_Drip_Tips/cat705284_871233.aspx

The Bauway 306 are supposed to be very good.
    Ya can buy bridgeless that is without the mesh or ya can just debridge the ones with mesh.

Must be a lot of other people with the same experiences with spitting.

Must be a lot of other people with the same experiences with spitting.

I mentioned it to ya before about the cannon drip tips.
    Yeah there is a good few threads on UKVapers about the 306 and the spitting, cannon drip tips seem to help it a lot.
    I only ever got one to try it out, thought it was a good atty but not going down that road again.

Received my dual coil 510 today and I love it. It looks like a Kanger horizontal in terms of SS look and feel and size. Vapour is warm and most importantly -NO FILLER TASTE!!

First impressions are good. Might buy a couple more in the different ohms range.

Edit: I've just topped up with 10 drops and no leaks. Just on the border at that though I think. Thats excellent.

It's like a DCC or Kanger in terms of the warmth and look and loads of vapour. Taste is pure.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

Ordered a dual coil 510 2.1 ohms this morning just to see how it goes. Shipping costs from the UK is a real pain though. Wish some of the Irish supliers would get in some of the stuff thats available in the UK but I suppose the market is small so it wouldn't really pay them until they're proven. Even the eGo-C is only available from Ovale Ireland.

Not so GH. I can't post a link due to vendor rules etc but if your looking ... Maybe check out other vendors at the "where to buy" link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498870
    and you will find dual coils / Ws and C's with Irish postage and next day delivery.

• Advertisement

Not so GH. I can't post a link due to vendor rules etc but if your looking ... Maybe check out other vendors at the "where to buy" link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498870
    and you will find dual coils / Ws and C's with Irish postage and next day delivery.

I looked there when I was looking for the eGo-C and no vendor had the eGo-C except for Ovale Ireland (who aren't listed). That was a good few weeks ago and maybe somebody has it now but not then anyway.

There are vendors with Dual Coils but as far as I can see there all cartomisers. I was looking for a non carto style DC and I found the 510 DC in the UK. It's great actually! I looked through the list of vendors and nobody had them in Ireland.

I bought an eGo-W from a site on the list alright.

do they take the normal sized 510 cartridges? cos I have about 500 of them around here somewhere and be nice to finally be able to use them when I do pick one of these up

well I say 500, I really mean seven

do they take the normal sized 510 cartridges? cos I have about 500 of them around here somewhere and be nice to finally be able to use them when I do pick one of these up

well I say 500, I really mean seven

It's completely different to a normal 510. At least 50% longer and the coils come about half way up the inside of the cylinder. I think they are 2 ceramic bowls on top of each other but can't see.

So I don't know and I dont have any cartridges to try.

I think you'd love these as they hold a good bit of juice and are hot with great vapour. No filler so the taste is great.

when you say no filler.. are you dripping, or do they come with their own cartridges? cos I remember the link saying they werent giving ouut cartridges but drip tips

when you say no filler.. are you dripping, or do they come with their own cartridges? cos I remember the link saying they werent giving ouut cartridges but drip tips

Drip tips are supplied. I think that's what they're designed for. Just drip about 10 drops and off you go! No cartridges.

10 drops?
    mad
    hopefully ill be able to order some in a week or two, sounds interesting

10 drops?
    mad
    hopefully ill be able to order some in a week or two, sounds interesting

Yeah, holds a lot of juice and I've never had a leak! If you put too much in it gurgles a little but that's gone after a couple of puffs. With my 306 it only holds about 3 drops and then leaks all over the place if I add any more.

Actually, maybe my original title post was a bit misleading. I probably should have included 'atomiser' in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

Yeah I thought ya meant carto's GH. Dual Coil Atties ? Didn't even know they had DC atties ...and 10 drops...sounds interesting. Only god knows where we'll be in 12 months eh. SOLAR POWERED ? lol ... Got a link for those DCA's? Happy enough with me W and C ( and of course the awl reliable 510 carto but interested to check out the DC atties.

Yeah I thought ya meant carto's GH. Dual Coil Atties ? Didn't even know they had DC atties ...and 10 drops...sounds interesting. Only god knows where we'll be in 12 months eh. SOLAR POWERED ? lol ... Got a link for those DCA's? Happy enough with me W and C ( and of course the awl reliable 510 carto but interested to check out the DC atties.

Here you go. Big range to choose from too - from 1.1 ohm to 3.5 ohm. Worth giving a go. Happy with mine anyway.

http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_A10099183-013/New-510-Dual-Coil-Atomizer-Range.html?shop_param=cid=103&aid=A10099183-013&

Looks like they recommend 12 drops to start off with:

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/index.php?category_id=150&page=shop.product_details&product_id=955&Itemid=85&option=com_virtuemart&showall=1

• Advertisement

what did you put in the postcode section? im trying to create an account on the site but normally I just put in "kildare" and it accepts it but im being asked to verify my postcode.
    Ireland doesn't have god damn post codes!

--edit
    ah, just leave it blank :)

right, ordered two of the 2.6-2.9ohm dual coil atties. had a quick read of the thread on ecf, everyone seems to love them. looking forward to it.. just wish I had the money to do this earlier in the week so i'd get them this week instead of having to pine for them all weekend long.
    got a ceramic drip tip too, because i'm an impulse buying whore.

Yeah, they are great. I always carry mine with whatever other PV I'm using for a quick toot now and again. Takes a few days from the UK alright.

because i'm an impulse buying whore.

:D

right, ordered two of the 2.6-2.9ohm dual coil atties. had a quick read of the thread on ecf, everyone seems to love them. looking forward to it.. just wish I had the money to do this earlier in the week so i'd get them this week instead of having to pine for them all weekend long.
    got a ceramic drip tip too, because i'm an impulse buying whore.

what's the postage to ireland cost?

" Shipping / handling: 2.93 GBP
    EU Signed For: 5.27 GBP"

i dont know why they charged shipping twice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Damn it, picked up a couple of these as well. I'm going to have to put your posts on ignore GH, they're costing me a fortune :)

I got the same shipping thing, they seem to charge the UK shipping no matter what, and then add the extra for EU etc.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clouds-vapor/222022-newest-new-510-dual-coil-atomizer-1-5-ohm-17.html

well if this thread is anything to go by, you probably made the right call buying some. they seem to be amazing. and apparently they last for a long time with a little bit of cleaning.
    im just trying to work out whenn mine are gona come..
    GH ordered his on a monday, they came on a thursday i ordered mine wednesday night so.. maybe monday?

... maybe
    hopefully
    bloody want them now

mine just arrived this morning along with my replacement lavatube (thank ****)

so far.. not exactly over the moon

i threw in about 15 drops (I meant to stop at 11, but squeezed the bottle accidentally and another four-five drops flew out) of my litchi flavour (which I adore flavourwise) and all I got was kind of a burnt taste. I got some of the litchi flavour alright but it wasn't really coming across as well as it would in a boge 3ohm. I tried it at 4, 4.5 and 5v

trying some ry4 now and kinda the same thing. the ry4 flavour is coming across a lot better than the litchi did, but there's this flavour in the background that won't go away

ill keep at it for the rest of the day, see if I warm to it.
    also the drip tips that come with it are bloody awful

---edit

it's a little better on the third filling, with some wensten. nice bit of wensten flavour alright

one pretty big problem I have is refilling it and reseating the drip tip. I put in 5-6 drips, put drip tip back on.. and as soon as I reseat the tip a few drops of juice shoot out the battery end.

guess I shouldn't take the tip off when im refilling, but i always did that when i was dripping.

--edit

right, i wasnt terrible impressed with the vapour production. but just left the room and came back in and it looks like I had the rat pack in here for half an hour smoking away so all good on that front.

I just drip through the drip tip rather than taking it off but of course you may get a bit back in return doing that as well!

• Advertisement

happy enough with this now actually
    im not getting much in the way of throat hit, but i am vaping 12mg

flavour is pretty good, although it's bringing out notes in some juices that I hadn't noticed before which is sometimes good, sometimes bad. for some reason my dekang watermelon has turned into a menthol.

now that I have a decent dripping atty I think I'll mix up some diy juices tonight.. was smelling some of the bottles last night and my creamy vanilla and hazelnut coffee were damned tempting

Advertisement