Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This show has run out of steam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wish they would just bury Abbie and be done with her, she's annoyed me every time she opened her mouth since season 1.

Hope the series picks up a bit, I'm just not getting excited about it at all so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A very weak season so far I think it feels like it's on its last legs storywise with what you can do with these characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Abby is this season. It's the over-arching plot that's going to be there.

I think they are aiming to show the slow terrible cost that cancer has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Slydice wrote: »
    Abby is this season. It's the over-arching plot that's going to be there.

I think they are aiming to show the slow terrible cost that cancer has.

Ah but they'll be some catharsis at the end that it brought all the family together.... to face a new threat even more more menacing than the Russians.
    Donovan vs Aliens and Predators

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

J@ysus that was just amazing TV, acting, soundtrack, story, everything, really brought the season together with a big kick to the b@lls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Clareman wrote: »
    J@ysus that was just amazing TV, acting, soundtrack, story, everything, really brought the season together with a big kick to the b@lls

Most emotional TV I've seen in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Great ep. Ray is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Wow..FANTASTIC episode...more good stuff to come in the last few episodes I should imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

prodsc wrote: »
    Wow..FANTASTIC episode...more good stuff to come in the last few episodes I should imagine.

Wow !!! EH!, i gave up half way through the 3rd episode. Maybe I've transferred BB Skyler Hate over to Abbie Hate... need to check myself.

Is it worth getting back in. When does the whole flashback/abbie sh1te stop? (Use spoilers to tell me :cool:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow !!! EH!, i gave up half way through the 3rd episode. Maybe I've transferred BB Skyler Hate over to Abbie Hate... need to check myself.

Is it worth getting back in. When does the whole flashback/abbie sh1te stop? (Use spoilers to tell me :cool:)

The whole Abbie sh1te
    comes to a fairly complete full stop at the end of episode 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I also gave up on this at episode 3 or 4, can't even remember now but I was bored to sleep with each episode this year. Which episode can we safely skip on to then to continue, or is it worth bothering?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was much more than I expected.
    was kinda expecting a kick in the feels but like.. this was throwing more emotions than that and they were their at the same time.

Like overall it was feels.. but also some confusing and some conflict and also the hopelessness

Yes, I think Patti Smith was the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That was intense. I never lied Abby but myself and the wife were both in tears during it. It was really raw and great TV.

But more importantly they can now get back to the story.

May or may not be of significance, but the horses painting said "Cave Hill, Belfast, N Ireland beneath it. And Paula Malcomson is from Belfast.

(I've never seen herds if wild horses in Ireland, never mind Belfast, but thats beside the point)

That was some fight, Bunchie can throw a punch when he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This Series is brutal. How can go from being brilliant to such a collapse so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    This Series is brutal. How can go from being brilliant to such a collapse so quickly?

I thought that episode was pretty good, you can tell they're building up to something.

Well, that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ray's gonna end up banging that fella he seen on the street and in the gay place.

Bridget walking in on Mickey & Darell with the hookers was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Ray's gonna end up banging that fella he seen on the street and in the gay place.

Bridget walking in on Mickey & Darell with the hookers was brilliant.

no he is not.

I'm finding the last couple of episodes excellent, Ray is a fixer and in the previous episode we saw him fixing his wife only to have others get involved to mess things up now he's having to fix things for himself while his family are doing their usual mad stuff.

Poor enough season IMO, Susan Sarandon has been hardly used at all in the series.

Unless the last episode knocks it out of the park I'm not sure if we will have another season of Ray.

I must be over thinking it but as an overall season I've found it to be excellent, they've played the long game with almost everything from Avi to the actress to the wife to the daughter to the shrink.

On a side note, at some stage I'm going to try to watch an episode and match Ray Jameson for Jameson, he fairly ploughs through them

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 6th season.

Renewed for a 6th season.

Whereas I'm glad it's renewed I think it has ran it's course now, having Ray randomingly killed or jailed would be a grand finish.

Does anyone check from drink driving in LA by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

S6 will be based in NYC...new location may give it a lease of life!!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ray-donovan-renewed-season-6-showtime-moves-nyc-1202192994/

frag420 wrote: »
    S6 will be based in NYC...new location may give it a lease of life!!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ray-donovan-renewed-season-6-showtime-moves-nyc-1202192994/

I would have much preferred if it moved to Boston and back to their roots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Can't see Mickey getting out of this one. Very nice to hear a bit of that song "Fade into you" by Mazzy Star even though Ray turned it off. Class song.

Advertisement