Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

lukin wrote: »
    Can't see Mickey getting out of this one. Very nice to hear a bit of that song "Fade into you" by Mazzy Star even though Ray turned it off. Class song.

That rye smile from Ray at the end after his conversation with Mickey! The only card Mickey can play is all the crazy stuff Ray has gotten up to but that likely implicate the whole donovan family, so cant see that happening, but then again it is Mickey we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mc Love wrote: »
    That rye smile from Ray at the end after his conversation with Mickey! The only card Mickey can play is all the crazy stuff Ray has gotten up to but that likely implicate the whole donovan family, so cant see that happening, but then again it is Mickey we're talking about.

Saw a clip of Mickey on Instagram, looks like he might talk to save his own skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was very anticlimactic season for me to be honest.

Some will call it a great twist and cliffhanger but I thought it was sh1t on the back of a very average season.

That was very anticlimactic season for me to be honest.

Some will call it a great twist and cliffhanger but I thought it was sh1t on the back of a very average season.

Not really a cliffhanger when everyone knows there's another season. He's hardly going to be a ghost like Abbey was this season!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That smacked of an episode where they didn't know if they were going to be renewed or not so left it open. Moving from LA makes sense cause they can't just rehash the same thing again but Boston would have been the obvious place for them to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just finished the finale and I’m extremely underwhelmed by that. It’s like they’ve completely run out of ideas so they try to confuse the viewer with a million things going on at once with none of them ever reaching a proper conclusion.

Hopefully the move to NYC rejuvenates the series but I’m not overly excited about another season at this stage.

Were Ray & Avi based on Weinstein's fixers I wonder.

Harvey Weinstein Used Mossad Agents to Try and Shut Down His Accusers

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-harvey-weinstein-used-mossad-agents-to-try-and-shut-down-his-accusers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Finished it last night in a week-long S5 binge - I've only waited until now to watch it as I've been so busy work wise and watching other stuff, plus I couldn't wait a week between episodes to watch online etc. TBH, I'm a fan of the show despite its highs and lows (which I've previously commented on), and I don't get the hate for this season. I liked the non-linear narrative and the pacing of this season though I was a little disappointed with the ending
    he's not making the river from that fall and it looked very fake anyway as well as reminding me of the ending of the 3rd Jason Bourne movie. He also looked at peace in the water.
    . I've said for a long time the show would work better if Ray was a single man without the baggage of the family (and likewise Bunchie) - it would just suit the life a man in that kind of role would have. It did feel like there was tying up of loose ends feel about it, so I was surprised to hear there's another season tbh. The change of scenery will be interesting, as will how the Mickey storyline develops (Voight continues to be excellent in this role). It had a few flaws, but I still liked it.

Oh and that girl Lili Simmons (Natalie James) was stunning. I could look at her all day.

Susan Sarandon
    is returning as a series regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Susan Sarandon
    is returning as a series regular.

Should be interesting considering she was hardly in it at all last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Domenick Lombardozzi and Lola Glaudini join for season 6

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Domenick Lombardozzi and Lola Glaudini join for season 6

Doesn't start until October 28th....:( Long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Feels like the violence level is gonna be increasing!

The season 6 premiere is out there it dropped early for Showtime streaming subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Good start to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Really enjoyed that episode

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 6 starts on Sky Atlantic the 31st of October at 9pm

Wow, that was good!

Bit cruel releasing that early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Mickey Donovan you sick fook!!

I was retching watching that....:(:(

• Advertisement

Well Bunchy will never learn and it's not going to end well for him.

Mickey is great thought.

New York was the change the series needed.

Ray really does look like a broken man in episode 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a great show and moving it to New York is a great move, setting up a few story arcs of the mayorial election, cops, Mickey, daughter is great.

Episode 2 felt like it was just building everything up. What was Bunchy thinking, but then Mick knows that Bunch will do anything for him, even at the risk of himself being punished. He definitely wont be getting his daughter back anytime soon
    but I did see some of the preview and it looks like he does steal her :rolleyes: and Mick calls Ray "Ray, Ray"

Has the feel like someones gonna die. Is this the last season?

Yep, one of em has to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Anyone else get the feeling its building towards Ray killing Mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A lot of stupid things in that episode

Mickey got Mickey'd :)

Ray got a new apprentice which might lead to tragedy.

One of the Donovan's is going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been quality so far, looks like it's building up to be a great season..

• Advertisement

What the hell was Terry doing? Does he want his parkinsons to come back? One hell of a fight though.

Advertisement