Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Has anyone else noticed that Ray has killed more people in this season alone than the previous two combined.Are they building him up to be a major crime lord or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Has anyone else noticed that Ray has killed more people in this season alone than the previous two combined.Are they building him up to be a major crime lord or something?

I haven't seen every single episode of every season but yes I have noticed that. Kind of takes away from his character I think. He always came across as the strong silent type. You knew he was a tough guy but he didn't have to show it by killing people. It was just his demeanour made him tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

lukin wrote: »
    I haven't seen every single episode of every season but yes I have noticed that. Kind of takes away from his character I think. He always came across as the strong silent type. You knew he was a tough guy but he didn't have to show it by killing people. It was just his demeanour made him tough.

I loved the way he didn't kill ed cocran!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is might be just me but if I was to break into a motel room where my daughter is with her top off with her teacher and I had a gun (after killing a load of others in a gun fight) I don't know if I'd have the self control to just beat yerman up, throw in a history of a child abuse this just seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Love the show and think Schreiber does a terrific job but as a character I'd have no pity for Ray Donovan at all. He's a well dressed thug and murderer in a fancy car and a drawer of watches.

He's violent when it suits his aims, monosyllabic to his family, whores around on his wife. His only redeeming feature is his loyalty to his brothers.

His breakdown in the confessional was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Heckler wrote: »
    Love the show and think Schreiber does a terrific job but as a character I'd have no pity for Ray Donovan at all. He's a well dressed thug and murderer in a fancy car and a drawer of watches.

He's violent when it suits his aims, monosyllabic to his family, whores around on his wife. His only redeeming feature is his loyalty to his brothers.

His breakdown in the confessional was fantastic.

I think that's part of the attraction of the series. He should be a deeply unlikable character but bizarrely you find yourself rooting for him despite it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,318 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 trailer.

Looks great. Think its gonna a be a last season with Ray redeeming himself. I don't think hes gonna make it. Calling it now !

ollaetta wrote: »
    I think that's part of the attraction of the series. He should be a deeply unlikable character but bizarrely you find yourself rooting for him despite it all.

Oh absolutley.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 4 starts on Sky Atlantic the 4th of July 2016 at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sweet. I'' have something decent to fill the Game of Thrones void for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

It's back!

A week early!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Anybody know if seasons 1-3 will be on sky catch up anytime soon?

Edit. Only just seen its up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

gstack166 wrote:
    Anybody know if seasons 1-3 will be on sky catch up anytime soon?

I think I saw them there already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Buffalo Bill is playing another Buffalo Bill again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

Rays back!!!!!!
    Great opener to season 4
    It's going to get dark

• Registered Users Posts: 60,318 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blazing Saddles lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What an episode. Cochran really is a cockroach, arvie really sees it how it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I bloody love Mickey Donovan. Pretending to have sex with the other guy in his cell was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

This has been brilliant so far

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I bloody love Mickey Donovan. Pretending to have sex with the other guy in his cell was brilliant.

Hehe that was pure classic Mickey Donovan. He really is lucky sometimes. Conor is some dope although I know he wouldnt have known about the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hehe that was pure classic Mickey Donovan. He really is lucky sometimes. Conor is some dope although I know he wouldnt have known about the plan.
    Conor is a right knob
    He needs a good kick up the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mick is a legend! I found it a bit weird the guy was ready to deny the transfer after talking to an obvious idiotic teen on the phone. For all he knew, they could have kept it a secret from the
    Grandkids.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keep a look out for retired UFC Irish fighter Cathal Pendred in tonight's episode.

https://twitter.com/Pendred/status/764918379094351872

No wonder he's retired, got a beating off Darrell

Very good ep but I think it is a bit unrealistic the way Ray is able to get deals done to get people out of jail so easily. He did a deal to get Belikov out of jail and now he is doing another to get Mickey out. Also there have been no repercussions yet to Ray whacking Belikov.
    Edit:I saw the trailer for next week's ep; seems the fallout from Ray's actions is the main theme of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

The Hector storyline is boring

What an ending to an episode. Poor arvie, got well beat up

• Advertisement

The storyline with the Irish boxer really annoyed me. Cliched Oirish paddywhackery at it's worst. Does Hollywood ever learn?

Advertisement