Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

bubblefett wrote: »
    Noooo! I don't think I could survive if someone took my coffee aways

Same. Ive had 3 cups today already :s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm off caffeine, wheat and dairy.

:(:(

All at the same time? Whyyyy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I'm off caffeine, wheat and dairy.

:(:(

Yeah I think I'm heading that way minus the caffeine...don't want to give tup coffee just yet. Wheat is first on the list, never used to eat much of it but the last month I've had a lot and feel like sh!t for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

What age were ye all when you started drinking coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

0. Hate tea/coffee/fizzy drinks.

I do love Bovril tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

I GOT A JOB!!!

Six months of trying!!! Just heard now!!!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I GOT A JOB!!!

Congrats hun!!

I GOT A JOB!!!

Yay! Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Kiera wrote: »
    And life by the sounds of it. For why?

A whole heap of reasons:) It's not too bad. I have peanut butter. And a spoon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

A whole heap of reasons:) It's not too bad. I have peanut butter. And a spoon:D

You should challenge someone to go off them with you :)

/not me :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Coffee: about 15
    Tea: about 5

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was thinking about unsubscribing from this thread for a while, and gonna now - too much college work to do plus a million and one other things, and tbh, I don't enjoy posting here as much as I used to. Thread has changed a lot in the last while. I was right with what I said over a year and a half ago about this thread, and where it would end up.

Anyway, I'm off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I drastically cut down on coffee when I quit smoking. Up until then, I was extremely skinny and extremely jittery. Now I'm very far away from skinny :pac:

The caffeine is fine, I like decaf tea and we're trying for a baby so I'm off coffee completely and have been for a year, with one blip where I didn't give a monkeys and drank filter coffee all day and made myself very very sick:pac:

Wheat/yeast/gluten don't agree with me. I can get away with it for so long but then my stomach/gut go into spasm, which isn't pleasant.

The dairy...I just feel better when I don't eat it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just a note, lets leave the bitchiness outside please. OK?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've drank tea since I was 2, have never drank coffee, it's rank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just a note, lets leave the bitchiness outside please. OK?

you can have some icecream too
    *offers*
    :)

i started drinking coffee at around 19
    mainly because i tried baileys coffee ha ha
    acquired taste is right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've drank tea for as long as I can remember...

Can't stand coffee unless it's disguised with a liqueur, chocolate, or a ton of sugar. Or all of the above.

O Connaill's praline dark hot chocolate + shot of espresso = heaven!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Coffee: about 15
    Tea: about 5
    This is my answer too. :)

I am a tea person, not a coffee person, but I will have strong coffee in the morning for medicinal (keeping me awake) purposes.

I used to take my tea with lots of milk and sugar as a small child, then with milk and no sugar in my teens, and now I'm in my twenties I drink it black.
    When I turn thirty will I just drink boiling water with no tea bag?! :eek:

I only started drinking coffee a couple of years ago, when I started my course in college. I need it to get me through 13 hour shifts :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Now, I really must get back to the mammoth task of clearning out my underwear drawers, which I've only been putting off since.. forever. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

15, and it was strong, sweet and black then too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

15, and it was strong, sweet and black then too :)

urge to make joke

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wasnt a regular drinker til I started working in an office, now I need two cups in the morning before I feel like I'm even in my body

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I started drinking coffee at 18 when I started college- with the amount of "coffee breaks" I used to take from work it just seemed to stick. Now I can't live without it!
    Don't like tea though- only green tea and herbal teas, been drinking them since I was 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm kinda glad I don't drink coffee because I see people (like the boyfriend who is currently having coffee withdrawals) depending on it so much, it's kind of scary how much people rely on a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Aight Ladies - Closing my account. Going to venture outside and see what the real worlds like! No sign of ivy today - hope she had the baby and alls well.
    Bye!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Trying to get someone to make me a cup of coffee now but I'm being ignored. harumph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I always hated hot drinks as a child and teenager, even hot chocolate. Then one day last winter (2010) I was stuck in Heuston Station trying to get home, my train was delayed for like 2 hours because of the bad weather and I was freezing. My friend persuaded me to get a Butler's hot chocolate with her to warm up, and now it's my end-of-college-week treat :D

I gradually progressed to mochas, then lattes and now I just like black coffee with milk and sweetener. I'll never go near tea though, it seems like vile stuff (even though I've never tried it).

I have an irrational aversion to used teabags, and if you leave one in the sink you're not my friend anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'm having a lovely cuppa and a choccie digestive right now. It's worth every bite.

I'm lucky to like both tea and coffee but steer clear of more than 2 cups of coffee per day to avoid migraine complications. Hated tea as a child but became addicted as a teenager;) I reckon they were talking about tea in that song "golden brown".

Cautiously happy today. The OH has been offered a great job and I'm almost allowing myself to believe things are about to get better :D yay for catching up with good buds over j'interwebs too.:D

Oh, I almost forgot. [obligatory] Yay for cake [/obligatory]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

ladies, is it possible my oven is on a slant? All my cakes are coming out lopsided! I evened out all the gooy cake bits before they go in :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement