Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

EmilyO wrote: »

I pick up accents very easily, though thankfully I never had the flat Offaly accent!
    Ahem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

5 years together with the OH today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Congrats bubble!

I pick up accents too and sometimes they're hard to lose. I've been told I sound like I'm from America (many times), England, Germany and Mayo.

The dress I wanted from all saints is gone. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I got my haircut this morning and I look so pearly! :D All set for the post-labour photos, now I just need me a baby!

Mum's having an angiogram today, hope it goes ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I got my haircut this morning and I look so pearly! :D All set for the post-labour photos, now I just need me a baby!

Is that like purdy? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is that like purdy? :p
    Yeah it's my boyfriend's way of saying purdy, I find it cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

sarahbro wrote: »
    My grandad started chemo today!
    Which.is great cos he wasn't well enough for it last week.
    I should be happy, but it's still terminal- chemo or not.
    So I don't really know what to feel right now :s

That's good news if he's well enough for the treatment to start Sarahbro:)
    Hopefully it will be of benefit to him. Wishing him and you well x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Maple wrote: »
    Ahem. :pac:

Oops, sorry to offend you!

In fairness, I'd get slagged so much if I spoke with an Offaly accent in college. One of the lads is from Bantry and some of the things he comes out with are hilarious!

Get to see mah puppeh today :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

LMP - I hope you retorted with "Oh Im sorry, I didn't realise you were a doctor" to the snooty receptionist telling you you'd be fine.

Show no mercy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't pick up accents at all. But I get an absolute knacker Dublin accent when I'm drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm at "Soft Kitty" needing level of sick. And the receptionist in college doctors did her snotty thing again with "Oh sure youll be grand til next Thursday". No love, I said "soon as possible" for a reason.... :/

I was singing that to Ella this morning! Poor baby has a cold :(
    bubblefett wrote: »

Congrats Bubblefett!

My OH sent me up my spare phone (after I smashed the screen on my LG) and it arrived today. So glad to be back in the world of communication. Going without a mobile 6 days is just wayyyy to long!

I also made a wickedly amazingly good sweet and sour pork dish last night with brown rice... Mmmmmm so good. It was all scoffed though so no leftovers for lunch :(

Yay, congrats! :)

This calls for cake :pac:

Double post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

decided to have lie in today, on friends recommendation to sort me out and tbh i feel the same waking up as i did going to sleep. nothing. I need my friend, he always cheers me up completly but again he's not been in touch so i'm not going crying to him cos i feel like this.
    Gonna find distraction today till work time!, need to get out of this fecking cloud!! its crrap crap crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Must stop staying up 'til 5am and then deciding to ignore my alarm even though I really need to get up. >_<

NELl5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I started Re watching The Wonder Years a few days ago and it makes me so happy. Is it sad that I can relate to this 12 year old boy! It makes so many fears come back, but makes me giddy and awwww at the same time! :)

I can't wait for tomorrow night. It's a post Valentines day party. The dress code is black but **** it....I'm a wearing red. :D

Saturday is a potential 80's party but I might take it handy because of Sunday! :)

I wish Friday night would hurry up!

WARNING, MASSIVE MEANINGLESS RANT!!

My best friend is beautiful, stunning. Never short of boys running around after her but she's a little bit on the easy side and although she has no shortage of boys chasing her, boys never seem to stay.

Last week she was texting this boy, never met him before -well call him boy 1. Him and boy 2 came and picked her up. She was under the illusion that boy 1 drove as she told me he was her lift back from portlaoise that weekend. However, boy 2 owns the car. She spent the night drinking and getting stoned with both boys but decided she didn't like boy 1 and is now meeting boy 2 (who in her own words is a knacker). Boy 2 cannot tell his friend boy 1 they're meeting because boy 1 owes boy 2 over 500 euro (drugs).

My friend is in Carlow and decided that today she wants to
    come home - she is laughin about how she's going to make boy 2 come and pick her up in Carlow and bring her home.

She has a habit of this - using people. She doesn't drive but uses her looks to get free lifts home after a night out - will get into the car with anybody and admits to rolling up her dress to get the boyracers attention.

She was meeting my brother for a while during the summer - I warned him about her but he didn't listen. She had him drive her to portlaoise to collect a hair straightner and she would ring him on nights out to bring her home ect. 2 weeks later and despite her looks he decides he can't stand her.

One night me and her were out I was texting my brother off her phone to come pick me up, and he replied with "I'll bring u home, I'm not bringin her home". She took this to mean he'd collect her and not me and laughed about it. When my brother arrived he was like get in an when she went to get in too he told her rather bluntly that he wasn't going out her direction - and she freaked out at him and hasn't spoken to him since.

She text me a few weeks ago to tell me about a horrible taxi driver who only brought her to the top of her road, and when I asked her why, she said "because he was a c- word I don't use" then she says she didn't have the money to pay him and that's why he put her out and she says "I wouldn't mind but he was passing my house".

The barman in our local is mad about her. The last night I was drinking with her, the barman brought out a free shot for her and a free shot for me... She laughed about it and when we were almost done she asked him for "anymore free drink" and I was so embarrased when he replied "they weren't free. I bought them".

I love my friend I just find it vile that she acts like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

To cheer myself up last night I went to the mall and got a white hot chocolate and pineapple coconut cheesecake. Om nom nom, it worked :D

Spent a small fortune on a nail stamping kit too, but sure I deserved a treat for the 3 hours of work I did yesterday :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't think i could stay friends with such a person

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't think i could stay friends with such a person
    Disregarding her thinking the world owes her a favour, and she's actually a good friend.

I'm having one of those days where it is difficult to get settled into work and get going!!!

Only 2 days of lectures left till I have a 2 week study break for exams......Expect to see a lot more of me and my boring auld posts from then girls.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

This made me proper belly laugh today

awkward-funny-family-photos-15.jpg?w=500&h=666

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

appt made to get rid of this fcuking thing next week thank christ

bluewolf wrote: »
    appt made to get rid of this fcuking thing next week thank christ

What thing??:D:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Also, I bought a dress on ebay for a ball, and thought it wouldn't arrive on time, but it came this morning. Problem is, my mam thought it was her parcel from amazon, ripped it open with a scissors and cut a big hole in the middle of the dress. :( I know it's only a dress, and it wasn't expensive, but...:(
    Was your name not on the front the box/envelope? Also, don't Amazon orders come in a box with Amazon printed on the box?
    Congrats. :)
    MsAllybear wrote: »
    decided to have lie in today, on friends recommendation to sort me out and tbh i feel the same waking up as i did going to sleep. nothing. I need my friend, he always cheers me up completly but again he's not been in touch so i'm not going crying to him cos i feel like this.
    Gonna find distraction today till work time!, need to get out of this fecking cloud!! its crrap crap crap!
    Have you spoken to a doctor MsAllyBear?

You seem to be very down lately, maybe a chat with your GP, might help. :)

Boyfriend coming over for dinner tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone have any reccomendations on a Hotel in Belfast? Going to an event in the Odyssey if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just got an email with my name spelt wrong.

My name is Orla and the person who emailed me spelt it Oral :D

Silly, but made me smile :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement