Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can't believe I missed the Peter Pan talk. :(

It completed many a child hood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Can't walk after yesterday, everything hurts. Would love to go for a swim to loosen me out a bit but the thought of having to hobble upstairs and find all my swimming stuff is too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

went to beach for walk, i find it the best to relax,its a regular thing i do, stick headphone in and feel great after. Ended up crying on way back.. wtf?!
    back now, into shower quickly cos was ready to burst into tears when i got home too.
    I dunno what the hell is wrong with me.. time of month is over, though i never be like this anyway... i'm not tired etc,.. cos that usually gets me.
    ah... i just want to climb into bed and cry!! ah!!possibly overthinking on beach but nothing in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im so making this pancake tuesday!! :D

its a pancake cake with chocolate and cream!! nom!

pancake-cake_A0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This thread it starting to remind me of the thanks whoring in after hours. Post a pic of a good cake and you're guaranteed thanks :pac:

Here's my contribooshun
    CutestFood_com_6747070621_249b2e4638_b_d_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This thread it starting to remind me of the thanks whoring in after hours. Post a pic of a good cake and you're guaranteed thanks :pac:

Here's my contribooshun
    CutestFood_com_6747070621_249b2e4638_b_d_large.jpg

Best. Thanks. Whore. EVA!

Om nom nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Squeeeee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sorry about all the smilies, but I'm feeling a bit giddy & girly today. Feel a little like I'm a teenager again, liking the boy in work. Finished at 2 today, and one of the girls who came on at 2 said she'd been talking to him yesterday, and sounding him out, and from the sounds of what he said to her, she reckons he's really in to me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Feel all gooey & happy & smiley on the inside! Now I just want him to hurry up & kiss me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm feeling manky and have taken to my bed with the laptop. I'm listening to ambient music. Yes ambient music like they play in beauty therapist salons. The sun is coming in through the window and it's gorgeous.

I really hope I'm feeling better tomorrow though, I have a busy week at work ahead of me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stupid EPV of an endowment assurance
    y u no make sense!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I want that pancake cake so badly, really must stay away from this thread it brings out my cake urges!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm feeling manky and have taken to my bed with the laptop. I'm listening to ambient music. Yes ambient music like they play in beauty therapist salons. The sun is coming in through the window and it's gorgeous.

I really hope I'm feeling better tomorrow though, I have a busy week at work ahead of me.

I have rakes of movie soundtracks and scores on my laptop with great relaxing themes, find them good for chilling out at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I feel/look like an elephant. :( damn Sundays and bad food

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    I have rakes of movie soundtracks and scores on my laptop with great relaxing themes, find them good for chilling out at night

Me too, but this doesn't qualify as that. It's like something insomniacs play for ambient sound when they're trying to sleep.

I'm a big movie score fan. Brilliant for work when you're trying to concentrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Feel better Das Kitty!

I'm not leaving bed for the rest of today. Pain City :( And I'm going to be killed if I don't get everything I need to have done for Tuesday done. Oh god, tomorrow will be awful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yay pancake cake!

Can't wait for pancakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

im so making this pancake tuesday!! :D

its a pancake cake with chocolate and cream!! nom!
    My god, I want that!! Anything less on pancake day will not do!
    Feel better!! That sounds really pretty though :)

I have been out of the country for pancake Tuesday the past 2 years I think :( I'll be away skiing this year too so no pancakes again.

Last year was great even though no pancakes because it was Mardi Gras in Rome! They have a big party to celebrate the start of Lent. There was lots of drink and topless men for some reason :pac:

The next morning I visited the Roman vomitoreum :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I have been out of the country for pancake Tuesday the past 2 years I think :( I'll be away skiing this year too so no pancakes again.

Last year was great even though no pancakes because it was Mardi Gras in Rome! They have a big party to celebrate the start of Lent. There was lots of drink and topless men for some reason :pac:

The next morning I visited the Roman vomitoreum :-/

Mmmm, pancakes or topless men... tough choice! :p
    At least you're in Canada this year- where pancakes are available everywhere, and often with bacon! :D

is Ireland the only country where eating pancakes on any other day than pancake tuesday met with "sure you cant eat them its not pancake tuesday!" pancakes are just normal breakfast food everywhere else lol not the once a year delicacy they're seen as here. If you want pancakes, eat pancakes!

I dont think I've ever typed the word pancakes so many times in one paragraph..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

krudler wrote: »
    is Ireland the only country where eating pancakes on any other day than pancake tuesday met with "sure you cant eat them its not pancake tuesday!" pancakes are just normal breakfast food everywhere else lol not the once a year delicacy they're seen as here. If you want pancakes, eat pancakes!

I think they lose part of their charm if they are eaten too often...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

We have them every now and then (more often than that and I'd have a serious obesity problem lol!) but you have to have them on Pancake Tuesday because sure it's Pancake Tuesday.

I think they lose part of their charm if they are eaten too often...

like pizza.

no wait, that'd never happen, I'd eat pizza every day if I could, curse you you amazing food thats so bad for you!

I'm not a big fan of pancakes tbh, they're ok, wouldnt ever really get a craving for them though

Is this Tuesday pancake Tuesday!? That'd cheer me right up if it was! Lunch in Lemon would be so justified! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Tuesday week! The 21st :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I don't see why there needs to be 'blame' at all. Some fcuked up things happen in people's lives and they end up making a bad bad choice and find themselves trapped in a spiral of physical dependence. It's horrific enough for them and their families, I don't see what finger wagging adds tbh.

My brother was a heroin user for 7 years, if he had died (I was resigned to the fact that he was going to) and someone had told me that he brought it on himself I don't know how I would have reacted. He's a human being and a loving brother and shouldn't be defined by the chain of events that lead him to being in the sorry state he was in.

BTW, your point isn't coming across as heartless at all.

If I could thank this a million times, I would. People can be so flippant about addiction (not directed at anyone here, just in general). Being at the receiving end of addiction, whether it's yourself or a loved one, is a real eye opener. Addiction is a frighteningly horrible disease.

The year I was in the states there was no such thing as pancake Tuesday, and I was in Boston which was a really big Catholic city. I made them myself from a Betty Crocker mix but they were those crappy little American style pancakes.

I'm sure ski resorts serve pancakes, I hope!

We never really had pancakes that often in my house, so I would always give them up for Lent :pac:

I'm not religious but I will observe pancake Tuesday cause you get to eat pancakes. And Lent is just an excuse for me to try ammend my unhealthy lifestyle.

Wish I could give up spending Sundays in college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I make pancakes every weekend. And I wonder why my ass is getting bigger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm going to make oat pancakes this year.

Heh, my friend just sent me this. So true! :p

409055_10151279592465534_567605533_23096230_141544876_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

those are pretty nice, i tried them once

still, cant beat normal pancakes with some golden syrup...

if we had any id make some right now :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement